Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The corruption effect doesn't even look interesting. It's just blotches.

Yeah yeah "you'de duppoded do dook doddupted". There are artsier and fancier ways to do it instead of "yeah, let's just paint characters purpley blackey". Right now characters don't look "corrupted". They look like they did a terrible job painting the shed.
    Once upon a time... the end. Next time, try twice upon a time.

"Man claims deal with Devil unfair. More at 11."

15+ Year Old Account
    We need more eyeballs and tentacles!

would have been cooler if instead of all blue all over it would show those weird texts thats all over the void areas as tattoos kinda

Lordy lordy yes indeed sir let's RISE UP against this badness! Yes it may only be for the remaining months of this expansion but thats not the point. I come here now before the myriads of MMOC community members to vent the frustrations of something quite menial that I have come to have an issue with. If it is not hereby rectified with prompt action on the part of the devs I will go hither and give heed to the travesty that has befallen me. How can one, praytell, go on living if such an awful thing is allowed to continue. I do not know. Until that time when the devs listen to the complaints of the one I shall die by the hand of Gul'dan and wander aimlessly in the spirit realm to be heard only by the millions of dead baby rabbits I've ruthlessly murdered over the years. They understand my pain.

I feel like the corruption look is more so other people know your level of corruption and can adjust accordingly due to the increased negative effects the higher your corruption goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Autoriot View Post
    Getting to this late, it might have been answered already but there is a way. It means "hiding" that piece of gear with transmog, but it works.

Any corrupted piece you have on, you must transmog it to hidden (not to something else), and then it will visually not show that corruption on your character. What about rings you say? well you can't tmog hide those so you're stuck, but if your ring(s) corruption is under what the cloak negates, you're okay and won't glow blue.

It isn't a perfect work-a-around if you were hoping to tmog it to some other armor...but if you're okay with having nothing showing in that slot, it works fine.
    You can't hide legs, weapons, or rings though, so you want corruption on other slots other than those or only in one of those slots and below the cloak negation amount.
    I'd never heard this before! I'll def share with my raid group later--ty for the headsup
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

Just unequip your corrupted gear for when you are not raiding/doing m+/pvp.

Corruption is great flavor otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    But it's effects are all personal are they not? What would somebody else have to adjust cormy corruption?
    Its so healers know who in raids will be sucking down heals like a fat kid at a cake buffet

10+ Year Old Account
    It honestly doesn't matter because you won't need to worry about the effect once we move onto shadowlands. The whole corruption thing runs with the theme and I feel like it makes the game feel more immersive.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I agree that cosmetics are a big part of wow for many (including myself), however the whole point of this system is that it is corrupted items. To use the bonus of these items we have to deal with the negative effects. If the tmog / appearance matters more simply go have the corrupt removed and balance it so you keep your best corruption and keep it low.

Quote Originally Posted by DylxnRxdwxxd View Post
    Playing with up to 59 corruption isn't hard folks.
    It's actually stupid easy. I thought the soft cap for corruption was 69, giggity, and that's what I've been using this whole time. When I found out it was 59, I dropped down to it cause I was sick of Cascade and it's so much easier.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Yes, it really is disgusting how we're forced to play as a gooey blue blob and miss how perfectly textured and detailed our characters look during combat. I want to be able to admire my amazing new class set which makes me unmistakably distinguishable within the people stacking on top of me, all our combined flashy spell effects and whatever purple/red/blue goo the rest of my screen is covered in. This must be made a top priority at once or Shadowlands has already failed!!!!111

Here's a though: First person camera PoV

Or, it may sound crazy, as a last resort you could make an uncorrupted set to wear and keep drooling over yourself while you wait in your LFR queue.

Quote Originally Posted by Feril View Post
    The corruption effect doesn't even look interesting. It's just blotches.

Yeah yeah "you'de duppoded do dook doddupted". There are artsier and fancier ways to do it instead of "yeah, let's just paint characters purpley blackey". Right now characters don't look "corrupted". They look like they did a terrible job painting the shed.
    I mean, what more could they honestly do?

It's unrealistic to expect fancier for something that's only going to last a patch and would require compatibility with all the playable races and all the possible gear combos they can be wearing for transmogs. It would be far too much work for little payoff.

Quote Originally Posted by spalernTJ View Post
    This doesn't really work though. Corruption is way, way too powerful to just "Remove if you don't like it." Aesthetics are one of the most important relations players have to their character. Sure, there's plenty of players that don't care what their character looks like, but I am ready to bet that most people want their character to look the way they want, that's why Transmog exists, that's why you have options for appearance when you make your character.

The corruption effect you gain from items sticks out like a sore thumb in my opinion. They do not adhere to the theme they origin from, they do not look good, they do not add much to your character. It's corruption, why would corruption light up like a reverse Christmas tree on your body? Especially corruption brought forward by the "Schemer" of the old gods? Ways to turn it off, or the effect itself being more subtle is not a lot to ask for.

Yeah imo i agree, esp if you take looks seriously or on a rp server where you can chillax in the downtime of ques and trade chat. Randomly having your mogs ruined by flashy lights is terrible and it's really not even that visible imo when in the heat of battle to have people turn black as night and unidentifiable. Sure. you can see how much corruption theyr'e wearing, but it doesn't tell you jack if they rolled like infinite stars or +12% avoidance from all sources or "whenever you take (800k damage one shots) from a dungeon, gain 562 armor affixes and summon three things from beyond to kill you" afffixes, what's the point?

It'd be better imo if the effects were detached or limited to like the feet or a floating round aura cloud around your feet while in content/parties, that way it could still be easily identifable and easy to see but not so obnoxiously dominating. Or like a pickable buff/debuff to just make it not show.

Ye im not a fan of the purple puke effect.

Outside of pvp it should be possible to hide the visual corruption effects.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalcifur View Post
    Its so healers know who in raids will be sucking down heals like a fat kid at a cake buffet
    Yeah I don’t heal people that can’t handle their own Corruption. Not prio healing someone that can’t dodge Thing From Beyond.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinushka View Post
    It looks like a fucking graphic glitch straight out of PS2-era. I hate it.
    Thank god for that one mechagon-shirt -.-
    What shirt? Is there a shirt that hides the effects?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by neik View Post
    I hope more people will rise up so that blizzard add an option to hide disgusting blue stuff without you having to remove the traits from the gear, otherwise I just keep uninstalling every damn trait I get on corrupted gear. Corruption resistance is only enough to hide one lesser trait, that's all.
    I would absolutely love to see your logs
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I mean, what more could they honestly do?

It's unrealistic to expect fancier for something that's only going to last a patch and would require compatibility with all the playable races and all the possible gear combos they can be wearing for transmogs. It would be far too much work for little payoff.
    Well, there is plenty of more interesting/less annoying things they could have done without spending much time on it. Some ideas from the top of my head:
    - make your eyes glow purple (dk effect) on X corruption
    - add voice filter (dk-esque effect) on Y corruption
    - make your shadow purple or just darker, or make you not cast shadow at all on Z corruption
    - make your weapon glow with purple/shadow light (instead of whole body) on XY corruption

Either way making the visuals optional should have been a thing from day 1 of this patch to be frank.