15+ Year Old Account
    Main thing that has not me made enjoy the recent games as much as the older ones is the lack of turn based combat. But I do understand that it limits boss mechanic difficulties etc. greatly, if you can't move all the time. Still, FF should be FF and not dark souls.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    Main thing that has not me made enjoy the recent games as much as the older ones is the lack of turn based combat. But I do understand that it limits boss mechanics etc. greatly, if you can't move all the time. Still, FF should be FF and not dark souls.
    100% agree, I guess many people like action combat over the old turn based system. For me, it's one of the things that made FF great.

I can still enjoy old school FF7, so I guess I should just be happy they are even remaking it, but the combat I got from the demo has just left me feeling bitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    Game is what a month away?

Certainly not gonna be changed before launch. Not impossible they patch it later on down the road. But I wouldn't hold my breath
    Correct me if I'm wrong but this demo is about a year old? i.e the one that was playable last year at E3 and the likes.
    A lot of work could have been done between then and release based on feedback given while the game was still in development.

Quote Originally Posted by Micfeind View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but this demo is about a year old? i.e the one that was playable last year at E3 and the likes.
    A lot of work could have been done between then and release based on feedback given while the game was still in development.
    Same portion of game does not mean same demo.

This is the same demo that when leaked, data mined basically pulled shit from entire game and even assets likely from part 2 and not even in this game. This is not an e3 build.

The demo is likely quite a few builds behind main release, but again we're talking about a few months behind at the absolute most. What you see is what you're gonna get with minor polish added on.

Then I'm fine with that, since classic modes difficulty says the same as easy I'm happy with the combat provided by normal mode.
    You can't please everybody and still have the game feeling fresh

Why would they use an older version when trying to promote their game to increase sales?
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

You saw the amount of information that was data mined from the demo from the psn store? An updated build could potentially have more that could be taken from the files

Why would they use an older version when trying to promote their game to increase sales?
    Its just a demo and its pretty much confirmed to be an older build.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    because the Demo would likely be QA'd before release to allow for minimum bugs/fuckups in that small controlled environment, whereas newest builds/updates to actual game could possibly contain game breaking bugs.

not a hard concept to understand Demos. it's not like the gaming Industry has been doing them for over 30 years or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    because the Demo would likely be QA'd before release to allow for minimum bugs/fuckups in that small controlled environment, whereas newest builds/updates to actual game could possibly contain game breaking bugs.

not a hard concept to understand Demos. it's not like the gaming Industry has been doing them for over 30 years or anything.
    It is obviously an older version just based on logistics, but it's much closer to the final product then a demo from nearly an entire year ago was. Thinking there is going to be any changes outside of general polish is foolish.

- - - Updated - - -

You saw the amount of information that was data mined from the demo from the psn store? An updated build could potentially have more that could be taken from the files
    More couldn't have been leaked because literally everything was leaked. There is nothing else to spoil of any significance, any questions people have are out there if they want to spoil themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    It is obviously an older version just based on logistics, but it's much closer to the final product then a demo from nearly an entire year ago was. Thinking there is going to be any changes outside of general polish is foolish.
    General polish can often lead to game breaking bugs. It's why you can so often see them with only minor changes in things.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post

you can just as easily say that about the demo used to present to the world at a media event is more likely to be a closed off/more controlled unit of game ready to show off than the actual game demo which can be patched at any time, You can only show off your product for the first time once mr marketing/development genius.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

10+ Year Old Account
    you can just as easily say that about the demo used to present to the world at a media event is more likely to be a closed off/more controlled unit of game ready to show off than the actual game demo which can be patched at any time, You can only show off your product for the first time once mr marketing/development genius.
    It doesn't take a genius to understand such a simple concept.

After playing through the demo again I start loving the combat system more and more. I also discovered to minimize the "input lag" from blocking by simply dodging after attacking. In duration it's basically the same from final attack to block but it feels less clunky than to try and instantly block afterwards.

Getting used to swapping more often to build meter and then unleash abilities in the right order and such makes it so much fun and have lots of potential in being tremendously more complex than original game. Can't wait until we get to mess around with different materias.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

15+ Year Old Account
    After playing the demo on normal I didn't mind the combat for the trash mobs but for the boss it just felt tedious and slow. Going to try it again on classic later.

10+ Year Old Account
    I understand RPG's have evolved but like many Final Fantasy much like Dragon Quest remains for me a turn based game. I see them wanting to introduce new people into the genre but turn based is not even doing badly and was 15 reception not very mixed due to this core shift? Although FF has change quite a bit in terms of combat each passing version.

Hopefully the episodes are long enough and that means development time is granted to clean up every act more. Also hoping it will still come out on Geforce Now to play it with all the visual effects at full.

- - - Updated - - -

Demo's are there to show the best possible stable version so those with access can get an actual feel and impression of the early game. Demo's for that reason are always older builds.

Saying something can simply be patched at any time to fix just about anything tells me you look at coding and programming in a non realistic way, it is not always a linear progression if that is even the correct term to use here, you aren't building a house. You can raise a wall in code and doing something else can start to suddenly influence the foundation.

Quote Originally Posted by Kromtar View Post
    After playing the demo on normal I didn't mind the combat for the trash mobs but for the boss it just felt tedious and slow. Going to try it again on classic later.
    Gotta use the stagger bar they brought in from FFXIII. Hit them with magic, get them staggered, unload with abilities and clouds big damage stance. Not sure if you were, but when I played through I kinda facerolled and found that staggering worked wonders for doing big damage and stopping some of his attacks.

Waiting for PC is going to be brutal. Why do they even bother? I'm not buying a console for one game. These guys and their exclusives.

PC should just be standard, and then the consoles get to fight for exclusive rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Kromtar View Post
    If you find it slow, classic won't help... do extensive character switching and use abilities in proper order speeds up the gameplay immensely.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    Waiting for PC is going to be brutal. Why do they even bother? I'm not buying a console for one game. These guys and their exclusives.

PC should just be standard, and then the consoles get to fight for exclusive rights.
    8.9 million copies of FFXV sold and only 1/8th of them came from the PC version.

But why would square ever take an exclusivity deal that was likely worth way more money then they will ever earn from the PC version? Because this poster says PC "should be standard" I guess.

In before "but thats FFXV LUL no one wants it" reply when enough people wanted it for it to approach 10 million in sales.

I also hate to be the bearer of bad news but expect an Xbox version and maybe even a downgraded Switch version before the PC version hits. Square has definitely favored Xbox over PC for versions of their larger games lately and if a Switch port could be done it would also destroy a PC version in sales potential.