10+ Year Old Account
    I am a huge soundtrack Nerd.
    Here are some of my favorits:

Secret of Mana series
    Megaman series
    Ratchet and Clank with David Bergeaud as composer
    Unreal tournament

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't know that I can go so far as to say its the best, but I still, semi regularly, listen to Mass Effect's (1, 2, & 3) OST. Great back ground music when I'm coding.
    Last edited by callipygoustp; 2020-03-08 at 02:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is my all time favorite game and soundtrack.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

Quote Originally Posted by kuhntasmash View Post
    Doom (2016)
    Nier: Automaton
    Toejam and Earl: Back in the Groove
    Lethal League Blaze
    Hotline Miami 2

Granted I know the last two had licensed songs for their game and aren't original music for the game.
    To be fair, the op never said it had to be original.

3+ Year Old Account
    I love lost of the music Koji Kondo does, but specifically Mario Kart: Double Dash!!, Super Mario Sunshine, Yoshi's Island, Yoshi's Wooly World.

Also Nobuo Uematsu makes good FF songs, such as ones for FFX. Sadly it's the only FF game that I've played
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McCrazy View Post
    I like the Divine Divinity OST. Especially The Four Seasons Singing
    I'm not sure if it's the one song that can be heard in a variation in Divinity: Original Sin 1.

One alltime favourite: The Witcher 1 Main menu theme

Then there are lots and lots of WoW music, most Elder Scrolls music, Icewind Dale.
    I love that Witcher theme as well. I often wish they'd remake the first game in Witcher 3's engine because it has not aged well at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tulune View Post
    System Shock 2.
    Loved SS2. The news that SS3's developer basically went out of business (killing any chance of the game being finished) broke my heart.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

5+ Year Old Account
    Hyper Light Drifter
    FEZ
    Risk of Rain
    Sword & Sworcery
    Bejeweled 3

The Legend of Heroes series has to be up there.
    Also Touhou.
    Last edited by apustus; 2020-03-08 at 06:16 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much anything Nobuo Uematsu is involved with. Also Persona 5. I still get Tokyo Daylight stuck in my head a year after finishing that game. Honorable mention to Gris. The music may not be memorable to me after finishing it, but it just felt perfect with anything I was doing in the game at the time. Especially since I played it with headphones.

Edit: I don't know if it's fair to list an MMO, but the FFXIV soundtracks are my go-to listen when I'm at work and just want to get things done and listen to music.
    Last edited by Aoyi; 2020-03-08 at 06:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lots of good ones, including many mentioned here, but a couple I didn't see anyone mention: Night in the Woods (particularly the astral songs) and Transistor. Both are very good, and both I still listen to periodically.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a bad habit lately of playing games with sound down while listening to other stuff. So I can't think of any recent games that got me. But Super Mario RPG will always be my jam. Music in that game is even more memorable than regular Mario games.

Love these threads. Here's a few that stand out to me that haven't been mentioned. One from PSX, GBA, and Sega Genesis.

Streets of Rage! When you realize this was made on 16-bit, it's all the more impressive. My favorites are Violent Breathing and The Last Soul.

Treasures of the Deep! This song catches diving in the exotic waters of a Puerto Rican trench perfectly. Then you realize it's composed by Tommy Tallarico and it all makes sense.

Golden Sun 2: The Lost Age! In my opinion the best score on the GBA. Motoi Sakuraba knocked this one out of the park.

10+ Year Old Account
    My faves, in no particular order are:

- WoW
    - God of War (the last one)
    - Bloodbourne
    - Withcer 3

I like many more, but those are at the top.

Doom 2016
    Nier: automata

I would say Final Fantasy, but compared to above there are only a few songs I listen to outside of the game.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Chrono Trigger, Doom 2016, Halo 3, WoW/warcraft. Too hard to pick the top one of those, have a video game playlist with those on it.

This also got me thinking, Halo 3 has the most memorable tag line of any game to me, "Finish the Fight" was just so iconic.
    Last edited by bledgor; 2020-03-08 at 09:45 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

...also have to add the Guilty Gear series....so many good standouts from that game

also despite what happened to the composer..GOD this was a damned good opening song

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by G3 Ghost View Post
    Oh man. I knew I was in for a fun night when I came home from work and my roommate would have NWN2 blaring from both of our computers...
    I'm glad you enjoyed it, but for me NWN2 from Obsidian was a massive letdown in nearly all aspects comparing to NWN1 from Bioware - and I mean objectively speaking, not just some nostalgia trip.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

Nothing has managed to beat this ost for me personally: