Thread: Judge Judy

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Judge Judy

So now that I received notice from the show, I can post about this piece of juicy information. My fiance & I went on the Judge Judy show back at the end of January. We taped our episode and it airs this coming up Monday (check http://www.judgejudy.com/showtimes?s...zexxs9xlkiZwLU by changing the CA to whatever your state's abbreviation is to see when & where Judge Judy airs locally) or you can download the Judge Judy app via iTunes to view episodes. Because of the NDA we signed, we can't discuss the OUTCOME of the show until Monday but once Monday hits, we are free to talk all we want about it.

Has anyone else ever been on any of these judge shows or even daytime talk shows? What was your experience like?
    Last edited by gaymer77; 2020-03-07 at 02:19 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just reminding people we're on today's episode & I'm still curious if any of you have been on any of those courtroom shows or daytime talk shows like Rikki Lake etc etc. If so, what was your experience like?

So does the show pay the amount owing if the defendant loses?

theres people who care for fake reality shows? and goes to them? for money?...

Quote Originally Posted by tmamass View Post
    Judge Judy may not be an actual court, but it is legit arbitration, so it's not really a "fake" reality show. It is definitely made for entertainment, but the decision is legally binding for both parties.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    So does the show pay the amount owing if the defendant loses?
    That's pretty much the standard operating practice for any of those courtroom TV shows. They pay you an appearance fee to be on the show, they put you up in a hotel, they fly you out to where it tapes, they give you vouchers for meals, and if you win a judgement from the other person they pay the judgement. Quite honestly I think that's the only reason why my mother-in-law even agreed to be on the show. She was told that if we went to small claims court and I was awarded a judgement that I would simply garnish her wages & tax refunds (two things you can legally do if you are awarded a judgement against someone in any "regular" court) until it was paid in full.

- - - Updated - - -

Like what @Paetolus said, those courtroom TV shows are 100% legit. I had to have a case filed in court in order to appear on the show. Initially it was just me suing my MIL for the electric bill but the producer working with us said they could get some of the credit cards she took out in my fiance's name brought to court too so we could ask for the full $5000 limit California allows. We had to go back to our local courthouse and amend my suit to include him and the credit cards they said to put in. These courtroom TV shows are binding arbitration and are 100% on the up & up legal rulings.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    That's pretty much the standard operating practice for any of those courtroom TV shows.
    I've never been to one. I bet its a very interesting experience I bet. This clip is all parties involved in the case?

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Just reminding people we're on today's episode & I'm still curious if any of you have been on any of those courtroom shows or daytime talk shows like Rikki Lake etc etc. If so, what was your experience like?
    Why are you reminding us?

My mom loves to watch Judge Judy even though I tell her it is just a garbage show like 99% of all reality shows that aren't game shows. So she will probably watch the episode. Really the only reality shows I like to watch are Bar Rescue and Ink Master. Bar Rescue I just like the host because, maybe he is all bullshit, John Taffer just seems to really care and love the business that he does and does seem to want to help the bars. Ink Master even though I have no tattoos I do love to see the different tattoos they create.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    I've never been to one. I bet its a very interesting experience I bet. This clip is all parties involved in the case?
    The clip I linked shows all parties involved in our case. I was me, my fiance, and his mom.

10+ Year Old Account
    My grandmother watched those court shows everyday when I was a kid. I've never watched one on my own, but I vaguely remember them. I don't watch regular TV in general though. It's all about Netflix/Hulu/Twitch.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, Am I reading this right, Let's say in this case your MIL lost, The show paid you the money and she got away paying nothing? Seems weird to me lol

People do things for money, what an absolute shocker!

Quote Originally Posted by GKLeatherCraft View Post
    Wait, Am I reading this right, Let's say in this case your MIL lost, The show paid you the money and she got away paying nothing? Seems weird to me lol
    The show is paying the MIL for her appearance.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GKLeatherCraft View Post
    Since the show has aired already and our NDA has been lifted I can talk about this. We won our case against my MIL. The show paid all parties involved just for being on the show. My fiance & I each got $600 and my MIL got $400. The show also paid the full amount that was awarded to us as part of our compensation. Essentially my MIL gets off scott free with no repercussions for what she did to me & her son. Essentially what happened was while we were living there, the electric was going to be shut off because she wasn't making the payment on it. I was attending school and needed access to my classes online to do work. I sat down and talked to her about putting the electric in my name if she agreed to make the payments. She obviously said yes she would. Well she ended up not doing that. During that time she also went online and applied for several credit cards in her son's name all in the name of "helping to establish his credit" and in the end didn't pay on nearly $10k in credit card debt she took out without his knowledge or permission. I worked with the credit card companies and local police and was able to get the majority of them taken off of his credit as fraudulent. There were 3 left that I couldn't get off his credit and we included 2 of those in our lawsuit against her because the producer said one of them was an iffy since I did use the Vallero gas card twice and there was no proof I paid her for my usage of the card. So in the end, my MIL got off without having to account for all the bullshit she put us through. She even had the audacity to tell him today how she's still upset I didn't pay her for the 2 months of back rent I owed her from when we lived there (came up to $600 for the 2 months). I really wanted to message her and tell her she should shut the fuck up about that since she got off from having to pay for over $13k in debt she racked up. Essentially her price/punishment for what she did was getting a huge tongue lashing from Judge Judy and being shown as the heartless, fucked up, evil mother she really is. Judge Judy had some very harsh words for her during our taping.

You were on this show? This show shows mostly human garbage. I hope (for your sake) it's not embarrassing. I've never watched a Judge Judy and thought "huh, nice people."

EDIT: At least you aren't garbage, just dumb.
    Last edited by Jonnusthegreat; 2020-03-09 at 11:56 PM.

I don't watch shows that make me lose faith in mankind if I can help it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    Get this trashpost off of MMOC. This place ain't your personal blog or a way to desperately seek attention.

- - - Updated - - -

NOBODY FUCKING CARES!
    Not that I personally care about the show, there is a forum section for it. Someone cares, no one asks for any post but we get them because hey, it's a social site, people make topics. Sounds like you waste time reading things you don't care about and shit posting.

OP- I don't think I could ever go on one of these shows. I feel like some of the judges on court shows are discriminate sometimes and I don't trust them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    Get this trashpost off of MMOC. This place ain't your personal blog or a way to desperately seek attention.

- - - Updated - - -

NOBODY FUCKING CARES!
    I cared. You obviously cared enough to post.

I just saw the episode. It was fairly entertaining. Your fiance has a strange speaking affect which was interesting.