Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    So, are you saying they arent the same at all, so one cant get a pass at doing what the other was not doing? One is a remaster, aka low effort shit. The other is a full remake, like the last Resident Evil 2 remake.
    Remaster also doesn't need to mean low effort either though, WCIII was just rather low effort. Seems like the team that was making it was in over their heads.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Remaster also doesn't need to mean low effort either though, WCIII was just rather low effort.
    I think even in good cases remasters are low effort by definition compared to remakes. It just happens that WC3 is the very worse example of it. Like theres bioshock remasters that you could say arent bad remasters, but again they are very low effort compared to remakes. Its just better textures, resolution support, not much else. It does its job without breaking things (cough bad remasters cough) They are closer to ports of a game, instead of an actual new game. Which is why owner of the original bioshocks were given these remasters for free anyway.

The list of "remasters" that arent low effort i cant really find just thinking about it. Most of it is games from ps3/x360 era simply given high resolution and some slightly graphical adjustment and put on xbox one/ps4. Like Last of us remaster, god of war 3 remaster, etc. So thats exactly what i was trying to point out with the OP. Hes comparing the remaster low effort model to full on remakes. Full remakes arent the same, they get a pass because its an actual GAME being made, with the same production time and effort as any new game.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2020-03-10 at 03:38 AM.

I think even in good cases remasters are low effort by definition compared to remakes. It just happens that WC3 is the very worse example of it. Like theres bioshock remasters that you could say arent bad remasters, but again they are very low effort compared to remakes. Its just better textures, resolution support, not much else. It does its job without breaking things (cough bad remasters cough) They are closer to ports of a game, instead of an actual new game. Which is why owner of the original bioshocks were given these remasters for free anyway.
    That's being rather specific though, like saying that a game that uses Unreal 4 is low effort compared to a game that has an engine created for it.

We can agree though, WCIII could have benefited from a lot more effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    That's being rather specific though, like saying that a game that uses Unreal 4 is low effort compared to a game that has an engine created for it.

We can agree though, WCIII could have benefited from a lot more effort.
    Added more to my post to get the point across of why there is no pass being given. Its being given the same pass any actual game making would, because its a remake and not a remaster.

The reason people where , originally rightfully so, but eventually wrong about reforge is because the way blizzard first introduced it was infact closer to a remake. At least sections of the game, like cut scenes where said to be reshot fully, with new voice acting. This is closer to a remake then a remaster.

Good remasters usually give you more then the original game because as per definition remasters are just ports or graphical updates. For example Master Chief collection, the remaster of Halo 1 on its own probably would not have sit well as a full game price, but giving you all games and multi game multiplayer in one package is a solid deal. Dark souls remaster, same story on its own as a full game its a pretty low effort poor offering. However in the Dark souls trilogy that include all Games and their DLC all patched up, its a good deal for the price of one game.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2020-03-10 at 03:48 AM.

Added more to my post to get the point across of why there is no pass being given. Its being given the same pass any actual game making would, because its a remake and not a remaster.
    Right, regardless of everything too, each game should be judged on it's own merit. There is terrible remakes out there too.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn’t need a pass since the current Devos have been preety much clear of what they were doing to it,since they took it up.
    Hell the original Ff7 was never a true turn based system anyway due to the atb charging allowing multiple moves for some characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustedsaint View Post
    It doesn’t need a pass since the current Devos have been preety much clear of what they were doing to it,since they took it up.
    Hell the original Ff7 was never a true turn based system anyway due to the atb charging allowing multiple moves for some characters.
    FF has actually had very few real Turn based systems over the years. ATB gauges are quite common.

5+ Year Old Account
    This is the wrong sub-forum. Other games shoulder be discussed here.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."