Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Command & Conquer Remastered

New trailer and release date got revealed:

On the 5th of June we can experience a legendary game in HD graphics, with so many more improvements. They plan to remaster more C&C games depending on how Tiberian Dawn and Red Alert 1 will be received. And I know EA is not exactly one of our best friends, but they did hire the original Westwood team (who are now Petroglyph) to work on this project, and they seem very faithful so far. They listen very close and communicate to the C&C community. They also have Lemonsky Studio who also worked on WC3:R work on the game aswell.

I will be bringing glory to the Brotherhood

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    New trailer and release date got revealed:

On the 5th of June we can experience a legendary game in HD graphics, with so many more improvements. They plan to remaster more C&C games depending on how Tiberian Dawn and Red Alert 1 will be received. And I know EA is not exactly one of our best friends, but they did hire the original Westwood team (who are now Petroglyph) to work on this project, and they seem very faithful so far. They listen very close and communicate to the C&C community. They also have Lemonsky Studio who also worked on WC3:R work on the game aswell.

I will be bringing glory to the Brotherhood
    It's funny how after two and a half decades, Command and Conquer is probably getting the last laugh over their old Warcraft RTS competitors by releasing a remaster that actually meets fan expectations.

This looks pretty good, many happy memories of Command and Conquer.

Also 1995? I'm getting old, I remember seeing the franchise being announced on an episode of Bad Influence on CITV in 1994 and being marketed as 'from the guys who did Dune 2', thus immediately ensuring I had to get it somehow. Which I did and it was awesome.

Lemonsky is getting their name out.

Also what a world this is, if this remaster is superior to Blizzard's WC3 remaster.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    Lemonsky is getting their name out.

Also what a world this is, if this remaster is superior to Blizzard's WC3 remaster.
    It probably will be. Warcraft 3 reforged was a disaster because they overpromised and underdelivered. These guys are just repackaging the original C and C games with nicer graphics, remastered music and modern multiplayer support.

In other words, the C and C remaster is delivering what it promised which is what Blizzard should have done in the first place with reforged.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if that random ant is alluding to a Simant remaster too. That'd be awesome.

giving 1 cent to EA is a crime against humanity

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Upping the graphics, upscaling cinematics, remastering soundtracks, leaving the gameplay and MP as it should be. Take some fucking notes Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    I wonder if that random ant is alluding to a Simant remaster too. That'd be awesome.
    Not quite.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've never been so excited to spend €19,99 on a 25 year old game I bought 2 or 3 times already.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    I haven't watched the video yet, but Red Alert's expansion had a series of secret missions with a bunch of giant ants, so I assume it's that. (I think they were relatively secret, anyway. It has been couple decades since I played..)

I will laugh so fucking hard if EA will release a better remaster than Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hottage View Post
    I've never been so excited to spend €19,99 on a 25 year old game I bought 2 or 3 times already.
    Well i was ripped off already when i got Forged battalion from them. (They never finished a damn game)

They fooled me once. Never again.

I rather see a Red Alert 2 and expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by dess View Post
    I rather see a Red Alert 2 and expansions.
    Not going to lie, hope it gets there. RA2 is one of the best RTS games out there

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    "Skirmish mode for Tiberium Dawn"

gimme gimme gimme!
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

Here's hoping Tiberian Sun and Red Alert 2 are next! :3

10+ Year Old Account
    it would be hilarious if ea did a better remaster than blizzard.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Never thought I'd see EA crawl from the muck long enough to do something right. And not just that, but outdo Blizzard at their own game.

My body is so ready for the updated soundtrack.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh.

Just make a new game. And do it properly this time.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

"aksnowledged kommander"

Im so ready for upscaled cheesy FMV's

https://cnc.fandom.com/wiki/Cast_of_Command_and_Conquer
    Check out how many famous people have appeared over the years.