Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    The key is the +200 sanity talent after killing an elite, kbab's and the good potion.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by anjoO View Post
    this is really easy, you should only need to know:

if the vision is in og, go to 47.05, 81.01. in this house you see a dead alchemist and a potion. this is the bad potion.
    if the vision is in sw, you must go in the direction of the trade district. on the right side is a corpse with a note and a potion. this is the bad potion.

so, after you know which is the bad potion, use this list to know which is the good potion:

if black is bad, green is good
    if purple is bad, black is good
    if red is bad, blue is good
    if blue is bad, purple is good
    if green is bad, red is good
    It bothers me to no end that you dont put them in order :<

The cycle is complete!
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by barrsftw View Post
    How do you know which potions do what? I've clicked on some that have taken sanity away before!
    In Stormwind, make a bee-line forward, you'll see a dead guy near a corner, with a potion near his corpse. That will be the 'bad potion' for that specific run. It changes every run.

In Orgrimmar, take a left, into the hut just before the Blacksmith hut. In there, there'll be a dead body with a potion near the corpse. That is the "bad potion" for that specific run.

And, knowing the color of the 'bad potion', you'll know the color of the 'good potion', i.e., the one that restores sanity:

Bad Potion -> Good Sanity Potion
    Black -> Green
    Blue -> Purple
    Green -> Red
    Purple -> Black
    Red -> Blue
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

this is really easy, you should only need to know:

if the vision is in og, go to 47.05, 81.01. in this house you see a dead alchemist and a potion. this is the bad potion.
    if the vision is in sw, you must go in the direction of the trade district. on the right side is a corpse with a note and a potion. this is the bad potion.

so, after you know which is the bad potion, use this list to know which is the good potion:

This helps so much. Thank you!

Get all the other masks and don't ever use the 50% again until you go for 5 masks

np . this should help you.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    I'm a very average player and just managed to start clearing reliably SW Vision...but -50% sanity ?
    There is food that Makes you look like them, I forget it's name, but it severely reduces the range at which they become Hostile, to you. Eat it and you get a 10min Buff, when you enter combat the disguise drops, but not the buff, when you're out of combat, click on another piece of food and it reapplies the disguise without having to fulling eat for 10 sec. but it does not refresh the buff. So eventually you will have to sit and eat another one. Highly recommended that if you're just trying to get the other masks (some are a lot easier to deal with than that one) skip trash as much as possible. There is also a food that restores 100 sanity when eaten. Lastly, the final MOTHER research helps a lot with this too, also having at least, 6-8 ranks on the cloak. Good Luck.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    You really only "need" the -50 sanity mask to get your next mask. Then you can still try for full clears with another one (like the "Burning Bridge" one) and if that feels comfy add another.

I like to recommend checking out youtube. Some folks can do 5 mask clears without using orbs (but ofc they are pretty well geared and IMHO very much above average players)
    My main is a frost mage, apparently one of the most favoured classes.

Slow and steady while trying to engage bosses and elites with unavoidable corruption damage with the immunity proc.

Mage quarter is always the worst with the passive loss from how spread out everything is and how your more or less locked in constant combat.

if the -50% sanity mask if the only mask you have unlocked, just ask someone else to put one of the other masks so you can get more of the easy masks.

making friends with a tank is also a path to easy visions.

i also like this WA https://wago.io/23q54wiYR
    and get the handynotes plugin so you can always check the location of the buffs and chests until you learn them by heart.
    Last edited by Hellobolis; 2020-03-10 at 04:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Once you get the research that gives 200 Sanity back when killing elites, it really doesn't matter. That research will carry you through the Horrific Vision. Then once the final research trait is picked up it becomes even more easy.

The maximum Sanity reduced by 50% mask is only the 2nd easiest mask. The 1st one is the Sanity damage done increased by 400%.

I have yet to do a 5 mask clear though. I'm sure the other mask effects working at the same time with the ones I listed above makes it hella hella hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you grab the handynotes plugin it gives you the list too aswell as the location of the npc.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    Once you get the research that gives 200 Sanity back when killing elites, it really doesn't matter. That research will carry you through the Horrific Vision. Then once the final research trait is picked up it becomes even more easy.

The maximum Sanity reduced by 50% mask is only the 2nd easiest mask. The 1st one is the Sanity damage done increased by 400%.

I have yet to do a 5 mask clear though. I'm sure the other mask effects working at the same time with the ones I listed above makes it hella hella hard.
    Are you a DH or something?

the 3 non-sanity masks are completely ignorable if you ask me, but the combination of 400% increase and 50% sanity can actually put you at serious risk if you make a mistake on bosses such as rexxar.

even with a dh the +400% sanity dam mask is the hardest of all because there are so many sources to lost sanity (rexxar pets, shaw's eye)

even with a dh the +400% sanity dam mask is the hardest of all because there are so many sources to lost sanity (rexxar pets, shaw's eye)
    that's why you fight those bosses inside an orb. (or immediately after killing some mobs that proc gift)

the orb duration is not long enough for shaw because of this vanish ability. agains rexxar it works very well but shaw and umbric are terrible even with a orb.

This might sound dumb, but that one is a pure pace check. If you have elite exterminator, which you probably have if you have full cleared and have obtained a mask, then it's all about regularly killing elites.

First time i did -50% sanity mask i didn't use a single orb or my cheat death, because i would just kill the elites in a good regular interval to keep getting all my sanity back.