7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cidzor View Post
    You mean I can't make myself immune to the virus by shoving potatoes covered in peppermint oil up my ass?
    You'd be a fool to, at the least, not try it.

Quote Originally Posted by CommunismWillWin View Post
    You think putting Pence in charge is going to do any good?
    What the heck does Pence have to do with anything?

5+ Year Old Account
    I hope this will be the end for industrial hunts for tigers, sharks for sharkfin soup (though I don't like sharks, they are cunts) n othet exotic stuff for food n their crap nature "medicine"...

10+ Year Old Account
    where is kangodo i thought he would be here by now...
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CommunismWillWin View Post
    I'm sure his lack of response is not going to cause any problems, no sir.
    Situations like these aren't in the hands of the government..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Situations like these aren't in the hands of the government..
    Uh.........

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    I hope this will be the end for industrial hunts for tigers, sharks for sharkfin soup (though I don't like sharks, they are cunts) n othet exotic stuff for food n their crap nature "medicine"...
    Yeah I doubt that. Humanity has a tendency of not learning from its mistakes.

Interesting point made by Stan Collymore:

https://mobile.twitter.com/StanColly...95935652700160

Interesting that the two countries with a massive over reliance on financial markets ( UK/US) are the two countries dragging their heels in protecting the public.
    Cynical? Yes. Possibly correct though, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Drutt View Post
    Interesting point made by Stan Collymore:

https://mobile.twitter.com/StanColly...95935652700160

Cynical? Yes. Possibly correct though, unfortunately.
    Or maybe Stan needs to broaden his horizons.

Singapore also has a large financial sector and haven't dragged their heels.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspark View Post
    Yeah that makes NO SENSE. Why in the hell are people buying up toilet paper?
    Well, could be excessive preparation after reading https://www.who.int/news-room/q-a-de...-coronaviruses
    "Some patients may have aches and pains, nasal congestion, runny nose, sore throat or diarrhea."

But, no I don't think it make sense either.

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    Or maybe Stan needs to broaden his horizons.

Singapore also has a large financial sector and haven't dragged their heels.
    I think you might have misread his intent, perhaps. It's criticism of the response of the US/UK, not an excuse for it. He's not saying it's the right thing to do, simply that these two countries appear to be valuing the health of their markets over their citizens.

Trump is certainly fixated on the markets and doing everything he can to avoid spooking them further, even to the point of downplaying potential impact of the coronavirus and contradicting experts.

Quote Originally Posted by Drutt View Post
    I think you might have misread his intent, perhaps. It's criticism of the response of the US/UK, not an excuse for it. He's not saying it's the right thing to do, simply that these two countries appear to be valuing the health of their markets over their citizens.
    I have not misread it; I'm merely stating that another country with a large financial sector can still value the health of the citizens.

Maybe the problem isn't the financial sector, but a population that elects inept politicians?

10+ Year Old Account
    I have not misread it; I'm merely stating that another country with a large financial sector can still value the health of the citizens.

Maybe the problem isn't the financial sector, but a population that elects inept politicians?
    I think the point was actually more about the relative value that the people in those countries place upon the health of the financial sector, such that they might tend to elect politicians who focus more on it than the health of their constituents.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    I think the point was actually more about the relative value that the people in those countries place upon the health of the financial sector, such that they might tend to elect politicians who focus more on it than the health of their constituents.
    Question: And how does that explain Italy's problem and Singapore's fairly good handling?
    Answer: It doesn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Question: And how does that explain Italy's problem and Singapore's fairly good handling?
    Answer: It doesn't.
    It has nothing to do with either Italy or Singapore, really. I'm not sure why you're having trouble understanding this. Nobody said this was the only reason or excuse for how a country manages this situation. There are other factors in other countries.

But in other news, Italy just confirmed about 1000 new cases, and their death toll jumped up 168 from 463 to 631. That's a 36% jump in a single day.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

It has nothing to do with either Italy or Singapore, really. I'm not sure why you're having trouble understanding this.
    There is nothing to understand, as financial sector doesn't seem to predict anything.

Singapore does fine - even with strong financial sector.
    Italy has done worse, without a strong financial sector.
    Several other European countries seem to be about as badly prepared as the UK.

But in other news, Italy just confirmed about 1000 new cases, and their death toll jumped up 168 from 463 to 631. That's a 36% jump in a single day.
    That's what happens when the government doesn't work, and people don't trust it.
    Singapore with a strong financial sector had 12 new cases (yesterday) and still 0 deaths.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is nothing to understand, as financial sector doesn't seem to predict anything.
    I say this with all due respect, but maybe you should go re-read the original source, because sure as hell, you're not understanding this discussion.

There was no mention of it being a predictor. That's just something you made up in your head. Doggedly attacking a statement that never existed is a bad look.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Let me get this straight...

In a press conference with Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer Monday evening, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi told reporters that the House version of a new coronavirus bill could be released this week, although it is unlikely it will be able to pass until after the upcoming congressional recess.

After criticizing Trump for his lack of response to the virus they feel their recess is more important than passing this bill?

She's so fucking stupid.
    Meanwhile Trump has been golfing almost every fucking weekend during this pandemic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Maybe not get your information from Fox News? because in your article they never said that their statements, they need to wait for the cost estimates from the CBO. Even in your own article their statements says that they are willing to stay the recess if necessary to get the vote done. First stop getting your news from Fox second learn to read.
    Also, not surprising that Fox News was wrong, and why Zenkai was wrong. Meanwhile he doesn't care that Trump golfed twice this weekend.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    The failure of the education system in many places is to blame for people not understanding germ theory and conflating this whole issue.

- - - Updated - - -

The media fear mongering is what is doing it, Trump is retarded if he cannot see that media/social media is the single biggest problem with this whole situation.
    No, TRUMP is the biggest problem with this. He called it a hoax. He said you could go to work with it. He said to go about your daily lives with it. Now it is spiraling out of control thanks to his FAT ORANGE MOUTH.

....you actually think he was blaming the financial sector? Good grief.

Quote Originally Posted by D3thray View Post
    You think the administration has done nothing about the outbreak?
    Yes, the morons that Trump put in place for this, have already failed. He put a religious nutbag that doesn't believe in science in charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    No, TRUMP is the biggest problem with this. He called it a hoax. He said you could go to work with it. He said to go about your daily lives with it. Now it is spiraling out of control thanks to his FAT ORANGE MOUTH.
    Ya I agree he isn't helping in any way and no one is arguing that he is that I know, everyone thinks he is a fucking retard in the most literal sense and I would agree.

He doesn't care about people outside of his circle anyone with a brain can see that so he is a lost cause.

Complaining about it won't get people anywhere now, just gotta be cleaner as a society and be more aware, this is a wake up call because the next virus will be even worse.