Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    The campaign has already refuted it.
    Oh sweet, so the past few pages have been people arguing over nothing then.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    You're not new here... You know how this works.

Quote Originally Posted by Levelfive View Post
    I am delighted to hear that and glad I trusted my instincts.
    So far, this is the only article I can find:

https://www.politicususa.com/2020/03...laughable.html

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    So far, this is the only article I can find:

https://www.politicususa.com/2020/03...laughable.html
    Nice. Thank you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought that was obvious from the onset.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I'll answer your question with someone else who responded to my inquiries:
    In other words, you've already drawn your own conclusions and have no actual interest hearing otherwise so I wasted my time on you. Got it.

My question to you is: are you going to get behind Biden as the nominee if he wins?
    I just realized why this question keeps coming up. Because the only apparent selling point Biden offers is that he'll beat Trump. Not like any of the Dem candidates can claim this with certainty mind you, but that's literally all Biden is selling. So if people won't get behind him, he's going to have a problem.

And the thing is (most) people here will vote for him if he gets the nomination, so its kind of a pointless question to ask. Anyway, I've been down this road before in this thread because I'm pretty confident expectations flip if Bernie wins the nomination.

But the relevant point right now is that there are likely plenty of people that will not get excited about Biden because he is just a male Hillary and will not vote for him. And while I don't want Biden to win the nomination, if he gets it I sure as hell want to see him win the general, but I have a bad feeling we'll just see a repeat of 2016.

I feel like people are keen to remember the part where people that voted for Trump are racist assholes but forget the part where some people voted for Trump because they're sick and tired of the way the government works (read: doesn't work). So maybe he'll win the popular vote, but Trump will win through the EC. I want to be wrong, but I sadly don't think I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    It's amusing people pretend that these list are grabbed out of thin air and not something that is being reported on by inside staff, much like how we get to learn about the inner working of the Trump Administration. So long as everyone stays consistent, and if it's bad for my person then it must be fake.
    They've refuted it, and even the original Axios story indicates that these are early brainstormed ideas from advisers and not an actual list that Biden has even looked at - https://www.axios.com/joe-biden-cabi...3c8dcda57.html

So even if it's a fully legit leak it's basically a "first draft" that hasn't been reviewed, and far from what a final list would be.

Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    Telling a liar they're full of shit.

Goddamn I wish more Democrats could say that. It'd end this bullshit a lot faster.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

The fact some of those names even made it on the first draft or even discussed as potential positions speaks volumes.
    That they're well known names that some advisers are discussing, when you open the field up wide as a starting point and narrow it down from there?

But sure, I guess this is just terrible or something. Dimon is garbage, but his name popping up for a Treasury position given his job isn't remotely surprising.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    In other words, you've already drawn your own conclusions and have no actual interest hearing otherwise so I wasted my time on you. Got it.
    No, but thanks for shit posting I guess? I love that you didn't even read it, or can't seem to comprehend the simple point that was being made. It was someone else making the same point I've already made in this thread re media bias.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    I just realized why this question keeps coming up. Because the only apparent selling point Biden offers is that he'll beat Trump. Not like any of the Dem candidates can claim this with certainty mind you, but that's literally all Biden is selling. So if people won't get behind him, he's going to have a problem.
    Holy shit - what a total fucking swing and a miss. That is NOT why. The reason the question keeps coming up is because Bernie Bros are continuing to shit all over Biden despite what seems to be conclusive data that Biden will be the nominee.

Can you think of another reason why we're asking if you'll back another candidate other than your first choice. I'll give you a hint...rhymes with Dump.

Your prior posts have been far more open minded. I get that you're pissed about Sanders losing. I'm not joking or being sarcastic. I'd be pissed too if my candidate lost (ironically, in just writing that, I'm not sure I had a particular candidate - I mean, when Sanders looked like he was going to win the nomination with his win in NV, I was gearing up for Team Bernie).

So get it out of your system and get back on board the (D) Train. We HAVE to defeat Trump - that is our #1 priority and responsibility to the American people and the world.

Side question - do you think Sanders would accept a cabinet post? HHS or Ed?
    Last edited by cubby; 2020-03-10 at 07:25 PM.

No, but thanks for shit posting I guess? I love that you didn't even read it, or can't seem to comprehend the simple point that was being made.

Holy shit - what a total fucking swing and a miss. That is NOT why. The reason the question keeps coming up is because Bernie Bros are continuing to shit all over Biden despite what seems to be conclusive data that Biden will be the nominee.

Can you think of another reason why we're asking if you'll back another candidate other than your first choice. I'll give you a hint...rhymes with Dump.
    Is it Moderate Chump?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Is it Moderate Chump?
    I mean, all sarcasm aside, can't we all get around defeating Trump, regardless of who wins the (D) nomination from the current candidate pool?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's amusing people pretend that these list are grabbed out of thin air and not something that is being reported on by inside staff, much like how we get to learn about the inner working of the Trump Administration. So long as everyone stays consistent, and if it's bad for my person then it must be fake.
    You misunderstand me I didn't mean whether the list was nothing, the argument was very much nothing.
    /s

I mean, all sarcasm aside, can't we all get around defeating Trump, regardless of who wins the (D) nomination from the current candidate pool?
    Blah blah Trump. He's shit but the country will survive another 4 years when Biden loses and further cements the need to end being a moderate party.

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    It's pretty funny seeing that some of the same people who are so upset about online harassment from Bernie supporters are the first to jump to Biden's defense.

Apparently that's not all Biden said.

"This is not OK, alright?" the man said, to which Biden replied, "Don't tell me that, pal, or I'm going to go out and slap you in the face."

"You're working for me, man!" the worker said.

"I'm not working for you," Biden said. "Don't be such a horse's ass."
    So in the context of a single conversation, Biden calls someone a liar, threatens to hit them and then calls them a horse's ass when they suggest that, as a politician, he's supposed to work for the people.

I could potentially understand the belligerence if the guy was being rude, but as near as I can tell from clips it was merely someone expressing their opinion about Biden's perceived stance on second amendment rights (if anyone has a good quality video showing the exchange in a different light, feel free to post; most of the stuff I've seen is low quality).

Disappointing.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Blah blah Trump. He's shit but the country will survive another 4 years when Biden loses and further cements the need to end being a moderate party.
    It actually might not. But you just keep on shit posting and not caring. It's pretty disappointing you've just given up, despite all the data telling you you're wrong.

How far do you think your 2024 "moderate" candidates policies will get when the SCOTUS is 7-2 conservative and Donald Trump Jr is running for a first term.
    Last edited by cubby; 2020-03-10 at 07:42 PM.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...p-jab-at-biden

Cool, so Sanders campaign manager is just signal boosting GOP attacks on Biden now.

That's pretty cool indeed.

It actually might not. But you just keep on shit posting and not caring. It's pretty disappointing you've just given up, despite all the data telling you you're wrong.

How far do you think your 2024 "moderate" candidates policies will get when the SCOTUS is 7-2 conservative and Donald Trump Jr is running for a first term.
    Hey. Cubby.

I'm still waiting to be put to death for not being white. I'm still waiting for all the bullshit I was promised to happen if Trump won. So far, it's a worse Bush administration. And everyone swears up and down Bush wasn't that bad.

Hell. What happened to all that Hand Maiden's Take stuff? Women haven't been legally transformed into broodmothers?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...p-jab-at-biden

Cool, so Sanders campaign manager is just signal boosting GOP attacks on Biden now.

That's pretty cool indeed.
    I have no words.... What in the holy fuck was that idiot thinking?