Page 1 of 29
... LastLast

LFR N'zoth--Don't bother until the inevitable nerf

As the title suggests, LFR N'zoth is the raid killer this time around. First you have to spend 5 minutes kicking everyone who doesn't have the cloak, since it's a REQUIREMENT for this part of the raid. Then you have to spend another 10 minutes kicking the new people who joined without cloaks and then explaining the mechanics of the various phases...then immediately wipe because people aren't clicking on their bodies at the end of p1, or aren't replenishing their sanity when they emerge.

The LFR I was just in wiped 17 times before I decided to call it quits, and they BARELY got N'zoth down to 90% the second time he was vulnerable. After that half the raid almost immediately died due to various mechanics that they weren't paying attention to.

4-5 people left after each wipe, which kicked off the whole "kick those without cloaks and explain the raid" thing every time. I spent 3 hours on that one boss that--while difficult--should not be so impossible for LFR.

I fully expect that Blizz will either block people from queueing if they don't have the cloak or reduce the sanity drain of various abilities as well as possibly reducing the health of N'zoth and/or Psychus by the time next week rolls around. It's simply nigh impossible to do with a random group as it stands.

I'm actually amazed they kept the cloak requirement in.

I can't tell if it's laziness, unwarranted optimism, or a sick satisfaction watching the ants cannibalize themselves that made that decision.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

I wonder how much they will have to tone down the corruption decay untill it's actually killable for a typical LFR pug!

15+ Year Old Account
    I hope they don't nerf it, let LFR suffer for a bit

It's how it should be

It still isn't hard whatsoever,but people have to actually try,instead of having 15+ AFK people and the rest half assing it,and still getting a win for it

Actually if you read the cloak it does not reduce sanity in the raid it specifically says reduces sanity loss within visions of n'zoth....so yea

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    As the title suggests, LFR N'zoth is the raid killer this time around. First you have to spend 5 minutes kicking everyone who doesn't have the cloak, since it's a REQUIREMENT for this part of the raid. Then you have to spend another 10 minutes kicking the new people who joined without cloaks and then explaining the mechanics of the various phases...then immediately wipe because people aren't clicking on their bodies at the end of p1, or aren't replenishing their sanity when they emerge.

The LFR I was just in wiped 17 times before I decided to call it quits, and they BARELY got N'zoth down to 90% the second time he was vulnerable. After that half the raid almost immediately died due to various mechanics that they weren't paying attention to.

4-5 people left after each wipe, which kicked off the whole "kick those without cloaks and explain the raid" thing every time. I spent 3 hours on that one boss that--while difficult--should not be so impossible for LFR.

I fully expect that Blizz will either block people from queueing if they don't have the cloak or reduce the sanity drain of various abilities as well as possibly reducing the health of N'zoth and/or Psychus by the time next week rolls around. It's simply nigh impossible to do with a random group as it stands.
    Well if you were expecting to just walk on in and clear it like BWL I guess you deserve to wipe 17 times. But I agree with that other random. You shouldn't be able to queue without a cloak.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Touchthereaper View Post
    Actually if you read the cloak it does not reduce sanity in the raid it specifically says reduces sanity loss within visions of n'zoth....so yea
    Actually, if you had upgraded it enough it gives more abilities, like:

Use: Dispel any effects of N'Zoth's Corruption, and become immune to any further Corruption effects for 6 sec. (3Min. Cooldown)
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinnersGrin View Post
    If Tinkers aren't the next class in WoW I'll shit in my hands and clap then eat my shoe.

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    I'm actually amazed they kept the cloak requirement in.

I can't tell if it's laziness, unwarranted optimism, or a sick satisfaction watching the ants cannibalize themselves that made that decision.
    It's "content". Blizzard knows that casual players will ever go back once they complete it.

The cloak is a requirement because you go insane INSTANTLY if you don't wear it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sativex View Post
    Actually, if you had upgraded it enough it gives more abilities, like:

Use: Dispel any effects of N'Zoth's Corruption, and become immune to any further Corruption effects for 6 sec. (3Min. Cooldown)
    Yes corruptions, you know that buff from gear. That doesn't make it "mandatory" for the fight. Great try though A for effort.

If you pull Carapace or N'Zoth with no cloak equipped you get instantly MCed and also no longer qualify for loot unless you pulled the boss yourself.
    We were carrying a fresh reroll to get gear in heroic and had a laugh when we hit these bosses and learned this.

I guess this explains why Blizz put the whole "Get your cloak!" thing into the launcher.
    We laughed then, we crai now.

Quote Originally Posted by lollerlaban View Post
    The cloak is a requirement because you go insane INSTANTLY if you don't wear it.
    Well maybe its something not shown that would be interesting i guess, cant say that i have personally seen it as ive not seen anyone raid without it lol my bad if that is the case.

You instantly go insane without it, so yes, it's a requirement. You also need it for the Carapace to restore your sanity or else you don't make it through the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Well if you were expecting to just walk on in and clear it like BWL I guess you deserve to wipe 17 times. But I agree with that other random. You shouldn't be able to queue without a cloak.
    What kind of comment is this, deserves to wipe because he expected to clear the boss? You're just a cunt.

I wouldnt expect blizzard to test anything before releasing content anyways. Itll definately get nerfed, what's the ilvl requirement for it?
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2020-03-11 at 07:21 AM. Reason: Infracted

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Wasn't expecting to faceroll it, but it is definitely overtuned for LFR. LFR by design is for PUGs and it takes a LOT more coordination than the average WoW PUG has to get things done with N'zoth at its current level of difficulty. It'll be nerfed, for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post

I maxed on stacks of determination so I feel you.
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't..

So they actually left that in while allowing que without cloak? That's absolutely hilarious In sad and incompetent way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

I certainly hope those aren't mains that somehow don't have the cloak yet...