Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I didn't expect isle of thunder to be honest.
    Did you not do the Thunder King quest line in Kun-Lai? IIRC there were also preliminary versions of it on the alpha/blizzcon maps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Did you not do the Thunder King quest line in Kun-Lai? IIRC there were also preliminary versions of it on the alpha/blizzcon maps.
    I wasn't as big into datamining back then. Maybe I'm misremembering.

bnet client update! was excited for a second then realized it was just some downloader thingy nothing special, pretty neat though lets you update all ur games with 1 button

Maybe they had to update the Bnet launcher to support SL Alpha? Maybe Alpha is next?

10+ Year Old Account
    I distinctly remember something being datamined for the first time at nighttime for me and I'm four hours ahead of Blizz time, but I don't remember if it was a beta/alpha/ptr patch. It was somewhere around the Legion end/BfA beginning... It woulda been around 6pm or later in California time though, because I remember being shocked at how late in the evening it was for them to be putting something up. Anyone remember what time of the day BfA alpha was first datamined?
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    bnet client update! was excited for a second then realized it was just some downloader thingy nothing special, pretty neat though lets you update all ur games with 1 button
    CoD Changes Nothing SL Related

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetdeal View Post
    CoD Changes Nothing SL Related
    Oh yeah that game we all dear and love
    I AM MY SCARS!
    -Illidan, Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    I distinctly remember something being datamined for the first time at nighttime for me and I'm four hours ahead of Blizz time, but I don't remember if it was a beta/alpha/ptr patch. It was somewhere around the Legion end/BfA beginning... It woulda been around 6pm or later in California time though, because I remember being shocked at how late in the evening it was for them to be putting something up. Anyone remember what time of the day BfA alpha was first datamined?
    There have been outliers in the "first build" category. I remember some first build of a major patch coming out while I was biking home which is like 7:00 in the morning for Blizz but on the other hand there's been stuff when I woke up which would have been hitting midnight their time. They can be all over the place, which is why I tell people to not go "it's not happening today" at any time, really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    There have been outliers in the "first build" category. I remember some first build of a major patch coming out while I was biking home which is like 7:00 in the morning for Blizz but on the other hand there's been stuff when I woke up which would have been hitting midnight their time. They can be all over the place, which is why I tell people to not go "it's not happening today" at any time, really.
    Yeah I could swear one hit at around 1am for me which would be 9pm for them, I just don't remember what it was except it was during Legion-BfA timeframe!
    give up dat booty
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    Yeah I could swear one hit at around 1am for me which would be 9pm for them, I just don't remember what it was except it was during Legion-BfA timeframe!
    Oh, me neither. I forget stuff like that.

I wonder what the other three covenant mounts will be, and if they'll only have one mount model each.

10+ Year Old Account
    So from what I've been able to dig up, the first build of BfA went up in the evening. I found a wowhead post for 8pm my time, and the MMOC post was for 11pm my time.

"Battle for Azeroth Datamining - 8.01 Beta Build 25902
    posted 2018/01/25 at 8:36 PM by Squishei
    The first 8.01 beta build is now live on Blizzard's servers. Check back for updates."

"2018-01-25, 11:15 PM Battle for Azeroth Alpha - Build 25902
    Here we go!"

So that's ranging between 4-7pm California time that those were posted.
    Last edited by Izalla; 2020-03-10 at 09:54 PM.
    give up dat booty
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm guessing its already programmed to go up whenever the time is set, like its automatic instead of manually doing it.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post
    Towelliee knows stuff relating to the alpha servers coming up, he doesnt know when the first dataminable comes out. But its gonna be this week.

I say no later than Thursday

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    I wonder what the other three covenant mounts will be, and if they'll only have one mount model each.
    I remember them saying you could upgrade the appearance of each mount, like it starts off unarmored and you can change its color and appearance

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand why they launched the unencrypted build so early.

I actually don't think they are behind. I think this is their marketing strategy for SL. Wait until the absolute last possible moment for anything - public build/alpha/beta/release, to just make people want this more and more with each coming week, until their mouths start salivating at the thought of playing something better than BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or they're just playing with us

Quote Originally Posted by Clickbait Mick View Post
    I actually don't think they are behind. I think this is their marketing strategy for SL. Wait until the absolute last possible moment for anything - public build/alpha/beta/release, to just make people want this more and more with each coming week, until their mouths start salivating at the thought of playing something better than BfA.
    It will only turn people off from the hype, considering the state the live game is in. The alpha and datamining play a pretty big part of the hype and advertising of expansions these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    It will only turn people off from the hype, considering the state the live game is in. The alpha and datamining play a pretty big part of the hype and advertising of expansions these days.
    Tbf, they've got actual numbers on player engagement.

If they ain't sounding the alarm, neither should we. The "state" of the game has always been used as an argument, I've seen it said in so many posts over so many expansions that it's mindboggling.

And not even in WoD did they rush, we got a 16-month drought and they put out Legion.