Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Leave it - the community will adjust.

Quote Originally Posted by Sativex View Post
    Actually, if you had upgraded it enough it gives more abilities, like:

Use: Dispel any effects of N'Zoth's Corruption, and become immune to any further Corruption effects for 6 sec. (3Min. Cooldown)
    the on use effect does nothing for the mechanics of nzoth.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Touchthereaper View Post
    Yes corruptions, you know that buff from gear. That doesn't make it "mandatory" for the fight. Great try though A for effort.
    The cloak itself is a requirement though

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    I'm actually amazed they kept the cloak requirement in.

I can't tell if it's laziness, unwarranted optimism, or a sick satisfaction watching the ants cannibalize themselves that made that decision.

It's intentional lol. They put out the obtaining the cloak guide last week for a reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

This is the best designed LFR boss ever made

Please do not change.
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    I certainly hope those aren't mains that somehow don't have the cloak yet...
    ho boy, yes they are the "mains" of those people. Yes, they are that inept in the game. disgusting but it is the truth of casual wow. I don't have much time to play these days and I can't wait to get out of idiotic low io bracket (under 1300). the ineptitude of people failing a 9 key is mindblowing.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Like I said to the other person, if you can't take 1-2 hours to get the best item in the game, why you going to spend 1+ hours in LFR to most likely get nothing?
    If you are going to quote a post, at least read the bloody thing. My issue isnt with the suggestion that the cloak is quite simple to obtain, and extremely powerful, as well as being a core item for the patch. My issue is with people taking what is already a strong argument, and bullshitting and exaggerating for absolutely no reason. It takes 1-2 hours as most agree, not fucking 20 minutes.

Kinda like how you keep suggesting they will "most likely" get nothing - thats a stupid thing to say.

.....it will probably be nerfed..

around patch 10.5..

when people soloing Nyolytha can't do it cause they don't have the cloak anymore

I am NOT looking forward to carrying a cloak at level 60/130 JUST TO KILL 2 BOSSES FOR TRANSMOG

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    OP mentions that in one sentence, and then proceeds to complain about people not knowing the mechanics.
    I applied some hyperbole to my observation that some people expect other people in LFR to have experiences from Normal or higher already.
    Hi, OP here. No, I did not say that. So, stop lying, maybe?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arakakao View Post
    I have 5 120s, my main has the cloak, but only at rank 2. I don't have the cloak with any alter. So... I can't do LFR with any character?
    you can do the first 3 wings without the cloak

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    If you are going to quote a post, at least read the bloody thing. My issue isnt with the suggestion that the cloak is quite simple to obtain, and extremely powerful, as well as being a core item for the patch. My issue is with people taking what is already a strong argument, and bullshitting and exaggerating for absolutely no reason. It takes 1-2 hours as most agree, not fucking 20 minutes.

Kinda like how you keep suggesting they will "most likely" get nothing - thats a stupid thing to say.
    You have like a 20% chance to get an item per boss, increasing slightly each time you don't get an item, I usually manage about 2 items a week throughout the whole raid so in a 2 boss section you're most likely going to leave empty handed.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Well, people do whine that they want "attunements".

Apparently, an attunement of 1-2 hours of questing in an MMORPG is way too much effort...
    For the record, in case it wasn't apparent, I am 100% for the cloak being a requirement for the raid--especially since it's the whole reason you GET the cloak. I was (pleasantly) surprised that it was being actually actively used in the last wing. But the fact that people were allowed to queue without having the 100% necessary piece of equipment screwed us over for 3 very, very long hours.

...Which also is now making me wonder if some of them didn't even have the Heart of Azeroth--which is also a necessary piece of the final boss fight. Yeesh.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    For the record, in case it wasn't apparent, I am 100% for the cloak being a requirement for the raid--especially since it's the whole reason you GET the cloak. I was (pleasantly) surprised that it was being actually actively used in the last wing. But the fact that people were allowed to queue without having the 100% necessary piece of equipment screwed us over for 3 very, very long hours.

...Which also is now making me wonder if some of them didn't even have the Heart of Azeroth--which is also a necessary piece of the final boss fight. Yeesh.
    I don't think you can actually start BFA without it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinerd View Post
    Well this is gonna be fun tomorrow.
    I honestly wouldn't even try until it's hotfixed (or N'zoth is nerfed in LFR to compensate). The reason I run LFR is because I do not have a lot of spare time, so as much as I want to get into groups for Normal raids I usually can't spare more than 45 minutes to an hour at most. Today I was "lucky" in that an appointment I had cancelled so I was able to stick around for a longer attempt, but as I said it was absolutely all wasted.

You have like a 20% chance to get an item per boss, increasing slightly each time you don't get an item, I usually manage about 2 items a week throughout the whole raid so in a 2 boss section you're most likely going to leave empty handed.
    And for that to be true, they have to only be queuing for this section.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    And for that to be true, they have to only be queuing for this section.
    They can queue for the rest of the sections without needing the cloak. I'm only talking about THIS section. They're literally bitching because they don't want to get a cloak for 2 bosses out of the raid, it's super freaking lazy.

Not sure if true but i've heard rumblings that they require the cloak to queue now, can't test myself as I have no characters without it.

Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    Isnt lfr supposed to be storymode? You should only have a glorified dummy bosses in there that do some abilities that look like something, but arent really dangerous?
    Pretty much. There is no gear in LFR that will outgear what I have just from doing dailies and WQs. The only loot I'd like from there are the pets, really. I'm doing it purely for the story and to finish off a couple quests, that's it.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind wiping on LFR or for it being a bit of a challenge, but this cloak thing has made it far more trouble than it's worth--which defeats the purpose.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    That's actually possible? Oh my. Think the most I've ever gotten to the past 10 years is like 8 on Durumu back in ToT..
    As I mentioned in the first post, we wiped 17 times. That's 10 stacks plus 7 wipes at 10 stacks. It was a total shitshow.

Quote Originally Posted by Arakakao View Post
    It's a stupid design. Being the casual mode, LFR should not require it.
    Its from prime casual content: a story questline. That has been out for months. And can be sped up on alts(not enough, but a bit).
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

I don't think you can actually start BFA without it.
    It's been too long for me to remember. haha But I do know several people who level up and gear alts purely through dungeons, raids and PvP, so I wasn't sure if it was possible to completely miss the Heart questline if you're just queueing in Org.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    It's been too long for me to remember. haha But I do know several people who level up and gear alts purely through dungeons, raids and PvP, so I wasn't sure if it was possible to completely miss the Heart questline if you're just queueing in Org.
    True, but considering there is no neck drops in BFA you'd be hard pressed to hit the 410 ilvl req with no neck and no cloak :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Touchthereaper View Post
    Yes corruptions, you know that buff from gear. That doesn't make it "mandatory" for the fight. Great try though A for effort.
    No, it is mandatory for the fight. Blizz has code in that anyone attempting the N'Zoth fight without the cloak is instantly MCd at the start of the fight, no other questions asked. You can try it yourself - Go into Normal or whatnot N'Zoth and remove your cloak before pull on an attempt. You'll probs get kicked but eh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.