Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Touchthereaper View Post
    Actually if you read the cloak it does not reduce sanity in the raid it specifically says reduces sanity loss within visions of n'zoth....so yea
    actually if you knew how n'zoth works you would know that you become mind controlled instantly if you are not wearing the cloak.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Apparently it's been hot fixed, can't que up for the wing with no cloak
    cant wait for next thread then

why we cant fill even a single raid for hours

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    To be able to meaningfully interact with the new gearing system of the patch? And also on the way to getting the cloak you unlock the new content of the patch. Without doing that quest chain you're basically just playing 8.2 but with higher ilevels.
    but that "content" is not something which interest me in slightest. and seemingly it doesnt interest most of playerbase thus such heavy nerfs in month 1 of patch.

i cant do nzoth ? who cares i cba with raiding anyway and there is no limited time mount from nzoth unless i missed something. and even then i would just buy a boost .

so again why should i care about it ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post

Honestly he just logs in every day to do the emissary quest, does LFR on Tuesday, and if there's a weekly thing like timewalking he'll do that. He's never finished all the quests in all the zones so I imagine it was fairly easy for him to miss the new quest NPC that would send him to Uldum. I myself just close the giant pop-up on patch days. I couldn't tell you what's in the launcher as I just open it, hit Play, and I'm off. So I can't really fault him for missing either of those. I imagine it's a common enough issue that Blizzard had to make a blue post last week or so telling people to go get their cloaks.

Average WoW players just don't seem to do most of the things that are intuitive to the rest of us.
    agreed and blizzard again and again fails to recognize it.

sad thing is that people on this forums geniuinly think that "Average joe" is even in slightest interested in farming stupid stuff like corruption , cloaks levels , itlv higher then 450 etc etc.

yep i also suffered this boss last night for around 20 pulls or more... best pull was maybe 80% before i had to give up. I suspect heavy nerfs and something to change to maybe a button even if you don't have a cloak....
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Omg I'm going to enjoy LFR tonight xD.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Well if you were expecting to just walk on in and clear it like BWL I guess you deserve to wipe 17 times. But I agree with that other random. You shouldn't be able to queue without a cloak.
    Ouf, thats a juicy one exile!

Id pay money to watch the average lfr pug walking into bwl
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

This is one of the worst alt-unfriendly expansion.

Essences, Neck, Cloak... wtf Blizz?

Im not sure why but it brings me immense joy to read about this. Could be that i a buried loathing for lfr to begin with xD

And its absolutely hillarious that blizz kept the instant mc without cloak mechanic.

Its hard finding a competent tank for a painless hc clear, i dont wanna immagine what horror awaits people in lfr in psychus phase
    Does he still shit on the floor?
    Last edited by Aphrel; 2020-03-11 at 12:09 PM.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

I doubt I'd bother anyway. I was doing it on my alt, until I noticed that emissary quests were giving me ilvl 445 items. If you can get that from doing four piss easy quests, why would you willingly subject yourself to LFR and not even get a guaranteed item from it?

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    I'm actually amazed they kept the cloak requirement in.

I can't tell if it's laziness, unwarranted optimism, or a sick satisfaction watching the ants cannibalize themselves that made that decision.
    First 2 probably, I would believe completely forgot before I would believe they would do this for pleasure considering the fallout they will get from their casuals who are like - "I thought LFR was for us?!?!?".

I know I queued for it last night and then something made me jump out of the queue after 10 minutes. I did not know it was this clusterfucky, but I just had a feeling it would be wipe city and didn't really need that last night.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    I doubt I'd bother anyway. I was doing it on my alt, until I noticed that emissary quests were giving me ilvl 445 items. If you can get that from doing four piss easy quests, why would you willingly subject yourself to LFR and not even get a guaranteed item from it?
    Probably the one quest we all have to kill N'Zoth once - that's why I was doing it (err was going to try to do it).

Saw a clip of 5 man 470 group unequip the cloak on purpose to go bat shit crazy on the rest of the lfr .. Its the second month of the patch, people are that bored already?

Quote Originally Posted by faithbane View Post
    Saw a clip of 5 man 470 group unequip the cloak on purpose to go bat shit crazy on the rest of the lfr .. Its the second month of the patch, people are that bored already?
    That's the same kind of retards who like to kill and camp leveling players in warmode, or camped people endlessly in pvp in Classic before the honor system introduction for the sake of griefing - assholes will be assholes, no matter the patch or the expansion.

Yeah, they should at least give the requirement to have the cloak to join the LFR N'zoth. I think they will add it later down the line. Otherwise yeah, it's the final fight of the expansion, nothing wrong with it being hard

Quote Originally Posted by Arakakao View Post
    It's a stupid design. Being the casual mode, LFR should not require it.
    The cloak IS casual. You get it through doing the PLOT quests. There should be no one who is playing 8.3 that does not have it on a character they do any current content at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Omedon View Post
    I'm actually far more interested in what this no-brainer call being missed (the cloak requirement) says for the farmability by alt armies when it's legacy content!

... Presuming the cloak quest still exists that is.
    It will probably get removed in SL.

Have to say, as a Mythic raider, it's always so bizarre to see people on the forums and even my own guildies be so out of touch with the average player of this game. One of my casual friends has been logging in and playing every day since 8.3 went live and he just yesterday found out about the legendary cloak.
    WoW has almost no story content as it is. That's the actual thing that casual players should be doing. The "can't be bothered with cloak" argument maybe works for alts, but not for casual mains.
    Last edited by Azerate; 2020-03-11 at 12:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    Its hard finding a competetnt tank for a painless hc clear, i dont wanna immagine what horror awaits people in lfr in psychus phase
    Does he still shit on the floor?
    Yeah people dpsing random tentacles or only psychus and then blaming the tank boss magically didn't stack all the debuffs by itself.

my suggestions:

1) everyone in LFR gets a sanity refresh button thus removing cloak requirement (i think this would be easier than coding the searching engine to check for cloaks)

2)nerf on pyschus' health 20% or so

3) reduce size of bad he spawns

4) double the time you have to get to your body before instant death

5) horror is shorter, or pulls slower

6) overall slower sanity drain
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

people who do this should get permaban for griefing.

this reminds me of kicking people from LFR because they bought a transmog helm.

Have to say, as a Mythic raider, it's always so bizarre to see people on the forums and even my own guildies be so out of touch with the average player of this game. One of my casual friends has been logging in and playing every day since 8.3 went live and he just yesterday found out about the legendary cloak.
    How... you literally get a pop up the first time you log onto a character for the first time this patching saying OMG get this new cloak!!!

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    Releasing an LFR of a raid that REQUIRES a certain item to allow people to queue it without said item is just.. Idk. If not worse than EA, just as bad. At this point this company is going to have a HELL of a time trying to recover.
    to be fair, the assumption that most people have done the content 8 weeks after release is more than a fair one. plus, this is hardly a new thing - there were people going and doing normal Carapace/N'Zoth week 1 and finding out that they got mc'd without the cloak. so this is all on the players. if people are going to be stupid enough to queue without the cloak then they are also the type to whinge and complain about not being able to queue which just creates more headaches for Blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    to be fair, the assumption that most people have done the content 8 weeks after release is more than a fair one.
    As a development studio Blizzard should not deal in assumptions, given that they have all the data available to them I'd say it is an oversight, but it's actually beyond me how so many people could have missed it. As a turbo-casual now, I'm ok with the last boss being harder, but the cloak situation is really hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    probably they are that desperate to push people into visions as playerbase seems to actively avoid doing it .

this shows inevitable failure and waste of resources that thorgast is gonna be - as they will put another cloak or ring and you will upgrade it there and people will just ignore that systems just like visions.

blizzard - players want just dungeons and raids - not stupid crap that you try to put into game and fail every single time like towers or visions

- - - Updated - - -

and this shows that catering content to top 5% will never become popular for majority of players.

i for example didnt unlock any cloaks - cause i see it was waste of time. by the end of expansion my alts will be 450+ from WF and dailies alone and thus will be ready for smooth leveling in shadowlands. why would i bother with cloak if i dont plan to raid/mythic + ? its one huge waste of time
    Are you doing the Uldum/vale invasions?