Page 34 of 77 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopsnacker View Post
    Lol, I am sorry, I thought I read Naxx.
    Yeah, I figured something was up when you said heroics weren't introduced til ToC, which predated ICC.

Still though, I can't believe a man blew up like that because somebody was WRONG ON THE INTERNET, the horror!

Quote Originally Posted by InflaterMouse View Post
    The only thing ever hard about classic was logistics and planning. Classic was an amazing game for the time. Folks that wanted it back so badly must not have really played it. LOL.
    I played vanilla retail and i wanted it back, but it all comes back to this for me: I leveled to 60 and cleared raids before patch 1.12, so classic is not an authentic vanilla experience imo.
    Everything would be to hard to recreate, but at least they should have kept the progressive itemization and held back on the nerfs.

Imagine blizzard recreating TBC based on 2.4.3 values. That will be the biggest joke ever...

Lol, I am sorry, I thought I read Naxx.
    No probs, it happens xD Nearly got an aneurism though :P I even remember the day I got my Bloodbathed Vanquisher, it was intense, I had a plane flight to catch 4h after the raid, I was tanking like a madman on a laptop with no mouse, only touchpad :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jzhbee View Post
    Yeah, I figured something was up when you said heroics weren't introduced til ToC, which predated ICC.

Still though, I can't believe a man blew up like that because somebody was WRONG ON THE INTERNET, the horror!
    Curious to see how you'll react when someone comes up to you and tells you the facts that are ingrained in your brain through a combination of experience, knowledge and memory, are all false and that those facts didn't exist :P

Quote Originally Posted by Dalinos View Post
    No probs, it happens xD Nearly got an aneurism though :P I even remember the day I got my Bloodbathed Vanquisher, it was intense, I had a plane flight to catch 4h after the raid, I was tanking like a madman :P

- - - Updated - - -

Curious to see how you'll react when someone comes up to you and tells you the facts that are ingrained in your brain through a combination of experience, knowledge and memory, are all false and that those facts didn't exist :P
    I'd react the same way that I always do, because people on the internet will always be wrong:
    I ignore it, because having an aneurysm over nothing will only cause people to mock me at my funeral.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It never was any hard. Everything was always about time and dedication back then, nothing else really. Today´s wow is far more difficult (yep, a lot of flaming coming I know, but it is true). This doesn´t mean that today´s is better, I´d take classic approach anyway over the current grind feast that it is to get a character performing on its full potential... at least back in the day you just needed luck with loots. Now you need loots, corruption RNG, essences, traits... Ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalinos View Post
    Excuse me? 1 month to clear Heroic? what? when I still played retail in Legion, people were selling Ahead of the Curve boosts on week 2.
    And why were they selling it? Because not everyone had gotten to the point where they could do it themselves yet. Heroic is a decent challenge for your AVERAGE guild and not something they stomp through week one. Heck most guilds don't even clear normal mode until the second reset.
    It's not about them being shit but the fights having actual mechanics that you need to learn how to deal with.
    Unlike Classic which almost doesn't have any mechanics. Most fights are exactly the same for me, stand still on the same spot and spam that one button. If things get really complex I may have to move to a different spot occasionally.

What did everyone expect? Its an old game and as many different things the gaming world has moved on. Classic was never really about difficult raids anyway.

Does it require more time while leveling? Yes.
    Does it require more prep before raids? Sure.
    But is it hard? Not really. When I lvld my characters in classic this time around I never found it difficult, just that it took more time. Heal/eat often++

BTW I know it requires alot of work to be ready for mythic raiding and HC raiding to some degree. But classic raids can easily be compared to LFR, cause thats where the difficulty lies.

Doesnt mean the game is bad though. It was never ment to be hard when Blizzard launched the game many years ago. They made a MMORPG that appealed to the masses - the good & the "bad" players.

If they only focued on really hard raids/dungeons(mechanics) it would never have been such a huge success.

Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    And why were they selling it? Because not everyone had gotten to the point where they could do it themselves yet. Heroic is a decent challenge for your AVERAGE guild and not something they stomp through week one. Heck most guilds don't even clear normal mode until the second reset.
    It's not about them being shit but the fights having actual mechanics that you need to learn how to deal with.
    Unlike Classic which almost doesn't have any mechanics. Most fights are exactly the same for me, stand still on the same spot and spam that one button. If things get really complex I may have to move to a different spot occasionally.
    The post I was referring to was talking about WOTLK lvl raids. Not Classic. WOTLK had just as many mechanics as today's WoW in its bossfights - obviously not all, but many did. Yogg+0 lights, LK25HC, Sarth+3 10man/25man, Malygos with 21 people for the achievement, any Ulduar hard-mode, the list goes on. Read my previous post about Vanilla mechanics being hard back then because it was the very first time we ever saw these mechanics, and most (if not all) the RPG's my generation was exposed to was Japanese in origin, which has a COMPLETELY different mentality than European RPG's (Breath of Fire, Pokemon, Final Fantasy series etc).

Quote Originally Posted by InflaterMouse View Post
    Your guildies represent a very small portion of the wow player population. Classic returning caused 2 things to happen: one a bunch of people who never experienced it getting to and people who thought it was the best game ever getting to go back and play it. It was an amazing game for the time as there was nothing else like it. The RPG elements of classic were weak and a case could be made that even BFA offers better (as bad as that sounds).

I VERY much enjoyed it when it was fresh and yes wow is completely different today as are the people playing it. That would happen with any game or game publisher if they want to survive. When you discuss "today's youth" you have to also consider that the people who were successful raideres/pvp'ers in vanilla have also grown up and most likely have had a lot change in their lives as well. When our guild was raiding in vanilla it required A LOT of time to be dedicated and a lot of folks aren't going to have that time today.

The farming requirements, getting things unlocked, attunements, and raid attendance from a RL/GM standpoint were 60%-70% of the challenge classic provided with it's raiding content. LOL I wasn't dissing anything or anyone with the post. Opinions vary. When we were raiding in classic I was dating my wife, had no kids and wasn't working 60hrs-70hrs per week. Now obviously that has all changed.

- - - Updated - - -

Guilds not completing a content tier in a quick time frame doesn't always have anything to do with the skill to progress the content. But if you think calling people bad makes you some how look better as a human or player of a game by all means. But it doesn't.
    It is an amazing game which is why servers are full of millions of players around the world, 15 years later.

Your opinion is shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post
    It is an amazing game which is why servers are full of millions of players around the world, 15 years later.

Your opinion is shit.
    I so very much wish that this was true. Both servers I play on are slowly dying, in fact we've been losing players since day one. I don't think it'll be long until Blizzard are forced to connect realms with low population just like they did with retail when it started dying.

Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    I so very much wish that this was true. Both servers I play on are slowly dying, in fact we've been losing players since day one. I don't think it'll be long until Blizzard are forced to connect realms with low population just like they did with retail when it started dying.
    Screen taken this Sunday
    Gandling -EU (some random ass server no one heard about)
    "Dead Game"

Go visit the other servers. Funny that it's a screenshot from one of the alive servers. My first server was dead after 2-3 weeks and never had this population in Orgrimmar, not even right after the start. You are forced to migrate to the dense server to play this game seriously. But Seeing your discussion about the difficulty, you are one of that playing on the handful of alive servers living in full denial. Sad life bro.

Also, people standing in Orgrimmar are not actually playing the game. Searching for groups maybe, yet they do literally nothing. But hey, as long as people like you love it and spend money on it...win-win.
    The fact you dont even know "why" there were many people in orgrimmar tells us everything.

We "all" are part of the Gandling server-discord and is posted there at what hours there will be a buff "pop".
    Its like this when someone is about to pop a buff.

Here in Europe there are more High Pop servers than medium. No idea for America.

EDIT: And I just checked, Gandling is the second biggest server worldwide...cmon. Of course this server is full.
    What a state of denial if you think that every server is like that. Holy crap.
    Had no idea, sorry.
    I thought i was part of some random ass server xDDD
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2020-03-11 at 11:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    The fact you dont even know "why" there were many people in orgrimmar tells us everything.

We "all" are part of the Gandling server-discord and is posted there at what hours there will be a buff "pop".
    Its like this when someone is about to pop a buff.
    So, you used the most convenient time possible (popping Onyxia buff) for your argument?

Quote Originally Posted by Barzotti View Post
    So, you used the most convenient time possible (popping Onyxia buff) for your argument?
    You want the servers to be high populated at all times?

Classic is classic, take it or leave it.

It's a good way to spend 2-3 hours a week chilling with mates killing old raid bosses and getting old purples

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    You want the servers to be high populated at all times?
    No. But using the most convenient time possible is not representative either, and frankly disingenuous.
    Last edited by Barzotti; 2020-03-11 at 12:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Barzotti View Post
    No. But using the most convenient time possible is not representative either, and franlky disingenuous.
    What you want me to tell you?

Everything is as expected.

Servers are quiet at off-hours and impossible to pug
    Server is alive at rush hour and you can pug anything you want
    That image is what happens when Guilds raid and a buff is about to pop.

Everything is normal...

Big servers are as you describe.
    Most of the servers are just like your described off-hours all the time. That is what we are trying to tell you and all the people that say classic has millions of players herpaderp. It is simply not true. Play on the big server or die trying to play the game and not feel like you are in a ghosttown.

Classic has its handful players, realistic numbers are 150k-200k, maybe slightly more.
    But even Bloomberg and other stock reports just reported back in January already that Classic in the end had no effect on the playerbase of World of Warcraft overall after the initial starting phase.

That's why the Activision Blizz stock is falling right now since these reports and already dropped ~20% already again after the Classic release boom. If you players don't see it, the stock market does.
    Those numbers man...

From Blizzard:

World of Warcraft Classic drove the biggest quarterly increase to subscription plans in franchise history, in both the West and East

AND (more importantly)

World of Warcraft® exited 2019 with an active player community more than twice the size of its Q2-ending level.

Its impossible for classic to only have 200k subs man...

Quote Originally Posted by Wermys View Post
    Starting to see some differentiation in BWL. Some guild are struggling with some bosses to the point where they aren't able to clear it. While others are just steamrolling it the first week. I think the main difference in BWL comes down to the competence of the healers dps and tanks to just not be dumb. If you do dumb stuff you will die. If you are patient know how to read a threat meter, and aren't a moron and can watch debuffs and timers its easy mode.
    Brutal honesty, some people are just dumb. I joined a random guild as a pug for onyxia the other day and they all had the attunement neck equipped during the fight.. I tried to explain you don't need to have it equipped to enter, much less to kill ony.

We wipped like 3 times and I left, I got a lot of insults over trying to explain their neck conundrum...

The Neanderthals started calling me toxic after my first polite tip while others insulted my mother. What can you do really