Quote Originally Posted by CommunismWillWin View Post
    Where do you even get these ridiculous idea?
    Are you familiar with the Spanish Flu? It's said to have infected around 27% of the worlds population and that's when the world wasn't connect like it is today. If that were to happen again, you're looking at possibly 37million+ people dying worldwide just by comparing it to the Spanish Flu.

Quote Originally Posted by crewskater View Post
    Are you familiar with the Spanish Flu? It's said to have infected around 27% of the worlds population and that's when the world wasn't connect like it is today. If that were to happen again, you're looking at possibly 37million+ people dying worldwide just by comparing it to the Spanish Flu.
    I don't think it's fair to compare CV to a disease outbreak that happened over a hundred years ago.
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

That is factually wrong. People who are obese are higher risk along those who smoke. I learned more watching this video than I have the last few weeks from the media.

He is factually correct, obese and smokers are not "healthy adults".

Quote Originally Posted by Poe View Post
    I don't think it's fair to compare CV to a disease outbreak that happened over a hundred years ago.
    Care to explain why?

10+ Year Old Account
    59 cases in Portugal, and neightbouring Spain it already goes over 2000 reported cases... This is not going well at all .

Quote Originally Posted by CommunismWillWin View Post
    Yet it handling way better than the US or Italy, but hey, how else are you gonna be hyperbolic?
    Handling it way better? you mean the half arsed attempts at trying to control the spread? I disagree with you there.

Care to explain why?
    I think the comparison has value. The biggest issue with spanish flu was swamping out the medical systems ability to keep up. That is still very very possible. We have better techniques for making vaccines now but those still take a year+ to deploy in a best case scenario. So even today if/when something like spanish flu kicks off you still are limited to pretty similar tools to try to keep as many people alive as long as possible to try to buy time for vaccines to come online.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuiking View Post
    Handling it way better? you mean the half arsed attempts at trying to control the spread? I disagree with you there.
    What else you expect without going full authoritarian? Its going far worse in a ton of countries.
    Or did you forget how densely populated this country is?

It won't be stopped, the most important part is to slow it down enough for the hospitals to be able to handle it.
    Last edited by JohnBrown1917; 2020-03-11 at 04:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Again. Below 60, 99% will he fine.
    Just for scope, there are about 7 billion people on this planet below the age of 60. 99% of those "being fine" means that "only" 40 million people under the age of 60 worldwide would die. And that doesn't count the 0.7 billion people who are over the age of 60 worldwide.

Just pointing out that "99% will be fine" is not quite the calming rhetoric some people might think it is.

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Can't say I know anyone worrying about this to much and life goes on as usual.
    Yes, very scientific rebuttal. If you surround yourself only with others who have their heads buried, your "worries" will naturally only be sand-related. That doesn't mean much to reality, however.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    I edited it for Clarification, The Virus is already close to a pandemic, however some people are already calling it.
    Now we should change it, WHO is calling it a pandemic - https://edition.cnn.com/world/live-n...hnk/index.html

10+ Year Old Account
    It is now official.

WHO labels coronavirus a pandemic.

This doesn't change what's happening, only the official label.

WHO has been assessing this outbreak around the clock and we are deeply concerned both by the alarming levels of spread and severity, and by the alarming levels of inaction
    EDIT: Oh damn, I got Foroninja'd!

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Just for scope, there are about 7 billion people on this planet below the age of 60. 99% of those "being fine" means that "only" 40 million people under the age of 60 worldwide would die. And that doesn't count the 0.7 billion people who are over the age of 60 worldwide.

Just pointing out that "99% will be fine" is not quite the calming rhetoric some people might think it is.

Yes, very scientific rebuttal. If you surround yourself only with others who have their heads buried, your "worries" will naturally only be sand-related. That doesn't mean much to reality, however.
    Or you know people arnt worried much, atleast not yet. The panic in some though.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2020-03-11 at 04:53 PM.
    Do you hear the voices too?

I am worried, but being overly dramatic saying Corona will destroy our civilization is ridiculous.

That is factually wrong. People who are obese are higher risk along those who smoke. I learned more watching this video than I have the last few weeks from the media.

Thank you for sharing this video. I learned quite a bit, and a lot of it confirmed things I read before.

Much appreciated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Or you know people arnt worried much, atleast not yet. The panic in some though.
    I'd say people should be worried, but not panicked. "Worried" hopefully implies caution, whereas panic does not, and what we need now is for everyone to be cautious.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    I am worried, but being overly dramatic saying Corona will destroy our civilization is ridiculous.
    Oh, absolutely. I wasn't my statement to support that position. This virus is going to be catastrophic on a global scale, but only in the short term. It might trigger an economic recession for a few years, but very likely nothing is going to change drastically in the long run.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

I'd say people should be worried, but not panicked. "Worried" hopefully implies caution, whereas panic does not, and what we need now is for everyone to be cautious.
    Yeah i agree. Still pretty mild here though but who knows how bad it will become, we just had our first death today of a elderly of some 400 cases so far.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Thanks to Chinese government for trying to cover this up on December.
    Thanks to Chinese government for jailing those 8 people who tried to warn the world about virus.
    I hope all those responsible live long enough to see their own children die.
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-03-11 at 08:10 PM. Reason: Trolling

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Lol bullshit, if I am ever proven wrong I admit being wrong because unlike a lot of people here I man up to my mistakes. If I stop repying to a thread it's because I already made my point and I am not going to argue in circles. That's some flat earther logic right there "oh look he stopped replying to me guess he finally realizes I am right the earth is flat"
    so again, what did I say that was wrong?
    Correction?
    Did you just conveniently forget to admit you were wrong...and man up?
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    so again, what did I say that was wrong?
    Correction?
    Did you just conveniently forget to admit you were wrong...and man up?
    Today alone I am teaching you the difference between laws and constitutional rights.

10+ Year Old Account
    Numbers are in for Italy today...

Number of cases up 2313 (+23%) and number of deaths up 196 (+31%)

That's 12,462 cases and 827 deaths.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils