Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    If I'm tired of anything (other than the layers of RNG in the game), it's the reliance on players to need to use resources/knowledge not in the game to actually play the game effectively.
    Tbh the same can be said about the lack of UI customization, because they just expect you to use addons to "fix it".

And the fact every new alt has to go through Nazjatar intro to start 8.3 questline instead of just letting people skip it is also annoying. The usual argument is "it just takes 15 mins" but the whole game is "15 mins here 15 mins there" and suddenly you have no time to play your alts because all the random chores keep piling up.

Also the cloak questline is annoying with all the excessive travelling, even with the scenario skip you have to travel to halls of origination and only then press "skip", why can't we skip it as we pick the quest? Nobody knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    I joined in at 10 determination. About 4/5 wipes later we got it easy. Fight is simple the only thing is maybe Blizzard needs to force split half the raid into the other zone as opposed to letting them choose. Also had people saying not to focus Psychus and just do tenticles and cleave him. But after about 5 stacks if you dont focus him you will hit the wipe in LFR, since there usually isnt enough cleave.

Right so they should cater to the 5% so the rest quit and the game shuts down? I mean then its the hardest boss of all, the login screen. Big galaxy brain moment there.
    You're right. Its 100% better to blame blizzard because players cant be bothered to follow mechanics then cry for nerfs so they don't have to follow mechanics.

If someone cant figure out how to read the dungeon journal, they have no business being a raid. Stick to world quests and pet battles.

This reminds me of LFR Maiden from ToS

Learn the fight before you queue.
    But I agree, if you don't have the cloak you should not be able to queue.
    The cloak should unlock the raid period.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Hey There Guys its Metro View Post
    Learn the fight before you queue.
    But I agree, if you don't have the cloak you should not be able to queue.
    The cloak should unlock the raid period.
    Going in blind is half the fun. At least in the first week or two when a lot of people don't know the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    Not it is most certainly not what it should be. Why should people who just want to do LFR be forced to get stuck with a bunch of plebs who are literally never going to understand a fight like N'zoth? Half the people joining don't even have cloaks...

If they want people to have to pay attention, that's normal mode. Either make LFR the faceroll tourist shit it was supposed to be or remove it altogether, it literally doesn't have ANY target audience right now. It's too hard for pleb casuals, and the people it's ok for are far better off just running normal - less time investment and better loot.
    the LFR retards are that way because they were never,ever asked to actually try in raids.If LFR hadn't been dumbed down that hard for so long,even the lowest common denominator in the game would figure out how to handle LFR N'zoth

Hot Take:

People wanting to fight LFR N'Zoth don't need gear from him. If you've gotten your character to the point where you have the cloak, you're getting 445 rewards from Emissary.

People wanting to fight LFR N'Zoth don't want a challenge. If they did, they could go fight him on Normal, Heroic, or Mythic.

So don't bitch about people wanting free loot to people who want to see the story. Don't bitch about people being crappy players to people who just want to see the damn story.

If you're a progression raider try-hard, stay in your lane and stfu about LFR.

And pro-tip, even for the people who just want the story, none of them complain about wiping once. Only the Heroic raiders who dip their toes into LFR and bail after one attempt do that.

Wiping 2 to 3, even 4 times as people get the hang of the fight is fine to the vast majority of people.

It's wiping 15+ times on a boss to get him to 90% when ALL other bosses at the same raiding level can be cleared without nearly as much hassle that's the problem.

No one wants free loot. No one wants anything handed to them, they just want it to actually be possible to do.

Quote Originally Posted by f4ncybear View Post
    Here's some perspective for you, you get the quest to kill Nzoth after you get the cloak.
    Getting the cloak is still a tiny part in the whole process (according to this topic, people wiping at 90% with max determination buffs)

Quote Originally Posted by Sungamnori View Post
    People wanting to fight LFR N'Zoth don't need gear from him. If you've gotten your character to the point where you have the cloak, you're getting 445 rewards from Emissary.
    Hate this argument, emissaries are entirely RNG, in if you get one that gives gear and in the gear you get. You can get lucky and get 445 items every day and get geared out in a week, or you can barely get any and every piece you get is a piece you already have.

Also, no, just because you have the cloak doesn't mean you are getting 445 gear, the cloak isn't some magic item that bumps up your ilvl insanely high. I had plenty of characters that were still getting 400-415 emissaries after i got the cloak because the rest of their gear was poop.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinaul View Post
    This reminds me of LFR Maiden from ToS
    i still have nightmares from LFR Archimonde

Quote Originally Posted by Sungamnori View Post
    Hot Take:

People wanting to fight LFR N'Zoth don't want a challenge. If they did, they could go fight him on Normal, Heroic, or Mythic.

So don't bitch about people wanting free loot to people who want to see the story. Don't bitch about people being crappy players to people who just want to see the damn story.

If you're a progression raider try-hard, stay in your lane and stfu about LFR.

And pro-tip, even for the people who just want the story, none of them complain about wiping once. Only the Heroic raiders who dip their toes into LFR and bail after one attempt do that.

Wiping 2 to 3, even 4 times as people get the hang of the fight is fine to the vast majority of people.

It's wiping 15+ times on a boss to get him to 90% when ALL other bosses at the same raiding level can be cleared without nearly as much hassle that's the problem.

No one wants free loot. No one wants anything handed to them, they just want it to actually be possible to do.
    This, the scale went from 1-2 shots bosses to omg 15, 20 or more wipes and barely making progress. That is not an LFR balanced fight.... and no most people that are LFR only don't pre-read strats or watch videos nor should it be assumed or expected that they do/would.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Imagine not having the cloak omegalul

No seriously, this is the most RPG thing in a while, much like with Frost Resistence gear for Sapphiron, just get the damn cape. I'd imagine is a marginal group, but there are people that do not want to get the cape as a form of protest against 8.3, but want to kill Nzoth.
    LFR is already braindead.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    I fully expect that Blizz will either block people from queueing if they don't have the cloak
    This is the right way to go.
    Or, as soon as you enter, if you don't have the cape, you get insta killed and get a 5 second timer, Then, autobooted, wasting 30 minutes of queue.
    Last edited by Garretdejiko; 2020-03-11 at 03:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    I hate that mentality. To me one of the most fun things in the game is encountering new content and figuring it out.

One of the least fun things is reading a 1000 word wowhead guide before you walk in.

Was my issue with m+ at the start of the expansion too - there was literally an add on that told you the exact path to take, how boring is that?

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed - one of my favorite moments in early Legion was a m+ where we screwed up and ended up without 100% on adds in a dungeon, then all desperately hearthed and flew back to barely beat the timer.

That’s the type of random shit that makes the game fun. With the amount of online resources and the level of community expectation today, those experiences are harder to come by these days.
    One of my favorite things about doing the raids in FFXIV is people actively support going in blind unlike here were people expect you to have in depth knowledge of every mechanic.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fayolynn View Post
    How... you literally get a pop up the first time you log onto a character for the first time this patching saying OMG get this new cloak!!!
    This assumes that people actually read that pop up. I don't, so why would I ever assume that the casuals would?
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    there is, from heroic.
    didnt know that. good that i have couple of mln gold laying around so just gonna buy boost .dont need cloak for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    As the title suggests, LFR N'zoth is the raid killer this time around. First you have to spend 5 minutes kicking everyone who doesn't have the cloak, since it's a REQUIREMENT for this part of the raid. Then you have to spend another 10 minutes kicking the new people who joined without cloaks and then explaining the mechanics of the various phases...then immediately wipe because people aren't clicking on their bodies at the end of p1, or aren't replenishing their sanity when they emerge.

The LFR I was just in wiped 17 times before I decided to call it quits, and they BARELY got N'zoth down to 90% the second time he was vulnerable. After that half the raid almost immediately died due to various mechanics that they weren't paying attention to.

4-5 people left after each wipe, which kicked off the whole "kick those without cloaks and explain the raid" thing every time. I spent 3 hours on that one boss that--while difficult--should not be so impossible for LFR.

I fully expect that Blizz will either block people from queueing if they don't have the cloak or reduce the sanity drain of various abilities as well as possibly reducing the health of N'zoth and/or Psychus by the time next week rolls around. It's simply nigh impossible to do with a random group as it stands.
    If I ever do lfr for any reason I give it a 4 wipe max. Last tier I couldnt get lucky enough for a razor coral and the lfr was better than what I had so I did that every week. Besides that i tend to avoid lfr.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    didnt know that. good that i have couple of mln gold laying around so just gonna buy boost .dont need cloak for that.
    you should probably get it, just to make it slightly easier for the group carrying you

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    This assumes that people actually read that pop up. I don't, so why would I ever assume that the casuals would?
    Ignorance generally isn't accepted as a valid excuse though. Not only is it posted when you log in, it was also made into an article.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    I mean, they do a decent job telling you what questline to do in patches with a big "START THIS QUEST" window when you first log in.
    But for a new player, just dinged 120, where do they start and what should they do daily for power progression?
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    But for a new player, just dinged 120, where do they start and what should they do daily for power progression?
    Read the blizzard article that was on the launcher? They're trying to get everything out there without you having to go to a third party.