Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelyron View Post
    Good. It's the only smart way to handle this. All public assembly should be postponed until we have a better grip on the situation.
    Washington just banned EVERY gathering of people over 250 heads.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I kinda get why are they doing it, but then again, i don't think many people in high risk groups would attend.
    It's not about attendees being in high-risk groups, it's them becoming vectors and killing their grandparents.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Peoples livelihoods were already ruined, anyone that relies on travel based markets to make money, including photography have been severely impacted, I know a few personally that have lost about 3-4 months wages already because of clients not willing to travel now.
    Yeah affects a ton of people.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    My company is one of the ones impacted by this. We're going to miss out on show charges (event organization, prep and planning, staffing etc.) that's a huge chunk of our revenue.
    That does indeed suck and it does affect alot more people then those attending this for fun. I take it this will be the norm for all big gaming shows and conventions in the near future.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2020-03-11 at 07:06 PM.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Seems a bit premature.
    i don't even...

10+ Year Old Account
    You just can't recover from that, yes, Corona is nasty, but it's temporary, people are getting lives permanently ruined from it.
    Yeah its not temporary for the people that die from it. If you've got loved ones over 65 the mortality rate is at 17%. That's pretty fucking scary compared to the flu.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Lol imagine thinking that the ESA is willingly giving away money.

This guy.
    More and more companies have been pulling out of it lately, eventually I figure there won't be enough at E3 to have E3. Cons in general are probably a relic of the past. Everything can just be streamed now for cheaper.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beet View Post
    Yeah its not temporary for the people that die from it. If you've got loved ones over 65 the mortality rate is at 17%. That's pretty fucking scary compared to the flu.
    Nothing I can do about that besides not visiting them if i'm sick. If I was working one of my previous jobs there's no way I could afford to not work.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Morgaith View Post
    i don't even...
    It's three months, any number of things could happen in three months.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    It's not about attendees being in high-risk groups, it's them becoming vectors and killing their grandparents.
    Yeah, but oldies gonna get themselves killed just fine. Like here in poland we are closing everything other than...churches. So oldies can all dip in same bowl of holy water and then smootch that cross all other oldies will smootch. Not to mention that while young people sit on their asses all those ripe 80+ are running all around city parks and such doing god knows what.

The way i see it we should quarantine those who are at risk and not cancel everything so people who don't care about their health wont get themselves killed.

I kinda get why are they doing it, but then again, i don't think many people in high risk groups would attend.
    High Risk people have to worry more about dying from coronovirus....but low risk people can still get it and spread it around. Cancelling large indoor public events is just the smart move for any pandemic.

Yes, it could have slowed down in 3 months which is exactly why you don't want large gatherings revitalizing it in 3 months. Either way it's a bad idea, you should basically come to grips that the world is basically halting itself for the near future. Maybe by late summer or fall things will start to normalize again.

The way i see it we should quarantine those who are at risk and not cancel everything so people who don't care about their health wont get themselves killed.
    It's a good thing you aren't making those decisions than.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    The kung flu panic gave them a good out. The event was heading in this direction already but now they have a legitimate excuse to cancel without admitting it. Which is a shame, E3 always had the best train wrecks. I'll miss getting together with friends to play bingo and wondering what stupid nonsense they'll do on stage this time. Pre-recorded videos are just not the same.
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

"If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Yes, it could have slowed down in 3 months which is exactly why you don't want large gatherings revitalizing it in 3 months. Either way it's a bad idea, you should basically come to grips that the world is basically halting itself for the near future. Maybe by late summer or fall things will start to normalize again.
    I just worry about what it does to the economy, E3 isn't really that big of a deal, honestly it's been suffering lately anyway. But some other big meetings could affect more.

Stupid large parties for no reason though (huge weddings, etc) should definitely be shut the shit down, you're not going to have your life ruined because you can't invite the entire state of Tennessee to your wedding.

I just worry about what it does to the economy, E3 isn't really that big of a deal, honestly it's been suffering lately anyway. But some other big meetings could affect more.

Stupid large parties for no reason though (huge weddings, etc) should definitely be shut the shit down, you're not going to have your life ruined because you can't invite the entire state of Tennessee to your wedding.
    Well march madness and spring football games in US these are gatherings of 20-90k people coming up and most have not been closed to public yet either lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Lol imagine thinking that the ESA is willingly giving away money.

This guy.
    imagine thinking that's what I'm thinking.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Letting coronavirus run amok will have a much worse effect on the economy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Well march madness and spring football games in US these are gatherings of 20-90k people coming up and most have not been closed to public yet either lol.
    Isn't football over? Thought basically everything ended after the Superbowl (i know my high school and college teams only played in the fall/winter)

Like spending more money to prep for an event that might get cancelled?

Quote Originally Posted by Hyral View Post
    The kung flu panic gave them a good out. The event was heading in this direction already but now they have a legitimate excuse to cancel without admitting it. Which is a shame, E3 always had the best train wrecks. I'll miss getting together with friends to play bingo and wondering what stupid nonsense they'll do on stage this time. Pre-recorded videos are just not the same.
    I already miss the Sony flute guy.

15+ Year Old Account
    People can say good, but mmo champ e3 threads are my favorite

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Letting coronavirus run amok will have a much worse effect on the economy.
    We'll see how it plays out, be losing an event that brings millions upon millions of dollars into an area can be devastating to the area (i've seen it first hand)