Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    But for a new player, just dinged 120, where do they start and what should they do daily for power progression?
    DUde.... its so straightforward if that people dont get AT LEAST A WEAPON 375 AND THE CLOAK its means they dont want to play the game.
    You 120, you get nathanos/alliance equivalent questline to Nazjatar (if you are a fresh player you need to get WQs unlocked i believe too) then you need to do ESSENCE QUESTLINE ON HIGHMOUNTAIN, THEN The Nzoth Questline appears. Its so easy it baffles me how people are so.... ugh.
    Last edited by Kemsa; 2020-03-11 at 05:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    it was also made into an article.
    I am of the opinion that most players don't seek out information online.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

I don't think it goes higher than 10. After 10, I stayed for 5 or 6 more wipes and it didn't go higher. We also had many people instant MC since they didn't even have the cloak.
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't..

I am of the opinion that most players don't seek out information online.
    Which brings about the first part of my post "Ignorance isn't an Excuse".

Try telling a cop you "didn't read the law" or fighting with blizzard cause they banned you for breaking ToS because you "didn't read it"

Read the blizzard article that was on the launcher? They're trying to get everything out there without you having to go to a third party.
    Not good enough for a new player as it assumes you have done all the prerequisites to start unlocking the cloak. I mean an addon for a new new players. This is their first time capping a character, don't know what Nazjatar is, what's a legendary? How do some players fly? Where can I get bigger bags?

Quote Originally Posted by Kemsa View Post
    DUde.... its so straightforward if that people dont get AT LEAST A WEAPON 375 AND THE CLOAK its means they dont want to play the game.
    You 120, you get nathanos/alliance equivalent questline to Nazjatar (if you are a fresh player you need to get WQs unlocked i believe too) then you need to do ESSENCE QUESTLINE ON HIGHMOUNTAIN, THEN The Nzoth Questline appears. Its so easy it baffles me how people are so.... ugh.
    Yeah that, that's what the addon would tell them.

Oh shit son you're 120! Congrats, see you don't have WQs unlocked, here's what you do big dog.

When I first started I didn't know shit and I didn't know where to go to even find out what I wanted to know. The addon would checklist them through everything they should do to be powerful in the World of Warcraft and unlock all the relevant content.
    Last edited by Drusin; 2020-03-11 at 05:27 PM.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    didnt know that. good that i have couple of mln gold laying around so just gonna buy boost .dont need cloak for that.
    Just tell the group that's boosting you that you don't have cloak, they should let you pull the boss so you're loot eligible.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    I hate that mentality. To me one of the most fun things in the game is encountering new content and figuring it out.

One of the least fun things is reading a 1000 word wowhead guide before you walk in.
    Don't you think there's a small difference between reading a 1000 word guide and just reading the adventurer's journal available in game? To have at least some grasp about the fight? You're not the only player in the group, other people don't have to deal with your laziness because "yolo".

Read the blizzard article that was on the launcher? They're trying to get everything out there without you having to go to a third party.
    Too much effort bro, and the big pop up at 8.3 launch wasn't enough. How much hand holding Blizzard has to do nowadays?
    Last edited by Barzotti; 2020-03-11 at 06:12 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Not good enough for a new player as it assumes you have done all the prerequisites to start unlocking the cloak. I mean an addon for a new new players. This is their first time capping a character, don't know what Nazjatar is, what's a legendary? How do some players fly? Where can I get bigger bags?

Yeah that, that's what the addon would tell them.

Oh shit son you're 120! Congrats, see you don't have WQs unlocked, here's what you do big dog.

When I first started I didn't know shit and I didn't know where to go to even find out what I wanted to know. The addon would checklist them through everything they should do to be powerful in the World of Warcraft and unlock all the relevant content.
    Its impossible, 15 years that this game tells you what to do, thats why mmorpgs mock WoW saying its a theme park game. I have a friend that told me he saw a 120 with legion artifact with no cloak in the Nzoth fight.... seriusly? ITS ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE unless he just runned Heroics with no luck for a weapon then meet the ILVL for Nzoth. WICH STILL MAKES NO SENSE BECAUSE THE INTRODUCTORY QUESTLINE OF THIS TRASH EXPANSION GIVES YOU A BETTER WEAPON ON ILVL

WTF DUDE. Even that when you reach 120 YOU HAVE A FRICKING NPC IN THE MIDDLE OF YOUR SCREEN SAYING SHAMPIOM GO THIS WAY, OR THAT WAY, SEE THIS EPIC CINEMATIC DO THIS DO THAT.

Your argument comes from somone that got carried by its guildies and therefore those friends are duchebags by not telling you, hey you need Nazjatar, hey you need essences, hey you need your fucking cloak.

Hm... how didnt every clown got cloak by now?! I mean im a clown this expansion (i dont raid), i didnt even do single LFR (i think), my gear is assaults/visions (~450ilvl) and i have rank14 cloak, with neck lvl82 or 83 (dont remember)... it takes like no effort at all... I was considering to do nzoth lfr just for corrupted weapon, but reading this i guess im gonna skip it for a while

Quote Originally Posted by Kemsa View Post
    Its impossible, 15 years that this game tells you what to do, thats why mmorpgs mock WoW saying its a theme park game. I have a friend that told me he saw a 120 with legion artifact with no cloak in the Nzoth fight.... seriusly? ITS ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE unless he just runned Heroics with no luck for a weapon then meet the ILVL for Nzoth. WICH STILL MAKES NO SENSE BECAUSE THE INTRODUCTORY QUESTLINE OF THIS TRASH EXPANSION GIVES YOU A BETTER WEAPON ON ILVL
    Ask your friend if he was from a Brazilian realm lol

WTF DUDE. Even that when you reach 120 YOU HAVE A FRICKING NPC IN THE MIDDLE OF YOUR SCREEN SAYING SHAMPIOM GO THIS WAY, OR THAT WAY, SEE THIS EPIC CINEMATIC DO THIS DO THAT.

Your argument comes from somone that got carried by its guildies and therefore those friends are duchebags by not telling you, hey you need Nazjatar, hey you need essences, hey you need your fucking cloak.
    I mean, I don't need it but some people might though you can't help everyone

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SoLoR1 View Post
    Hm... how didnt every clown got cloak by now?!
    Maybe it's an alt and they don't want to do it on them

I mean im a clown this expansion (i dont raid), i didnt even do single LFR (i think), my gear is assaults/visions (~450ilvl) and i have rank14 cloak, with neck lvl82 or 83 (dont remember)... it takes like no effort at all
    Ease of content isn't the only factor, there's time as well and I've seen plenty of people say they aren't going to bother with the cloak on alts.
    My Collection

7+ Year Old Account
    I tried giving LFR a go just to see if this was true
    I got 23 wipes in 20 minutes
    I seriously never experienced something similar

I zoned in at 10 stacks of Determination already. And then I saw:
    -People without the legendary cape
    -People throwing themselves at the boss even before the group being full
    -People not going back to their body during Phase 1

I know it's LFR but holy shit, this is a new kind of disease
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post

Corona has invaded WoW. Quick, everyone buy Augment runes for 700g each off the AH, better stock pile 'em!
    Blizzard has announced the hotfix, should make it to a bluepost soon. However, even with 25 cloaks this fight looks like a headache on LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post

Pretty sure at that point there must have been active trolls. Less than a minute per wipe and reset seems like it would take more of a concerted effort than just doing things correctly. :P

Maybe it's an alt and they don't want to do it on them

Ease of content isn't the only factor, there's time as well and I've seen plenty of people say they aren't going to bother with the cloak on alts.
    I understand they cant be arsed to level it, since doing daily crap in uldum/vale becomes shitty and boring VERY fast and those dailys wont see me ever again after next week (technically i could stop now since i have ~50k of visions saved)... but getting base cloak is what? like ~2h of questing? and if i remember correctly base level is 470... so you get cloak you will never replace in ~2h... i mean i see no reason not geting cloak for 2h of "work" and wasting time in LFR trying to gear char at same time for 430-440 items... this is what i dont understand.... cloak is guaranteed 470 item for finishing quest line, while LFR is lottery for 430-440 items....

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Pretty sure at that point there must have been active trolls. Less than a minute per wipe and reset seems like it would take more of a concerted effort than just doing things correctly. :P
    Exactly my thoughts, its nearly impossible that people on LFR do that because they actually want to die at the boss. Its just people trolling the LFR players. I know some are bad, but we are not giving enough credits to the "spergarmy". The only we can hope for the LFR dilema its blizzard making the cloak a must before entering the LFR and a higher Item Lvl beyond 415. Maybe 420 or 425.

Quote Originally Posted by f4ncybear View Post
    I wonder what were Blizzard thinking was gonna happen letting people queue without the cloak.
    They were thinking "that guy is going to get MCed". What do you think they were thinking?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    You are missing the flipside though - that players who have done everything right are punished. And as usual, you grossly downplay how long it takes - considering it legitimately can take 1-2 hours if you know what you are doing - there was no need to make such a false and silly claim like "20 mins"
    It took me 30 mins to do the quest with a mage friend porting me around, because 80% of the cloak quest is travel. Don't tell me it takes 2 hours "if you know what you're doing" because I clearly do know what I'm doing, and you clearly do not.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

Why are they doing this? LFR is for afking clowning not raiding

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Well if you were expecting to just walk on in and clear it like BWL I guess you deserve to wipe 17 times. But I agree with that other random. You shouldn't be able to queue without a cloak.
    Hahaha. Okay now that is hilarious. I'm not one to argue that BWL is hard, but it's 100% been harder than anything in LFR since Siege of Orgrimmar. Also this is LFR. You are actually expected to walk in and clear it. Blizzard have said this since they introduced LFR. Nice one though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sithalos View Post
    It took me 30 mins to do the quest with a mage friend porting me around, because 80% of the cloak quest is travel. Don't tell me it takes 2 hours "if you know what you're doing" because I clearly do know what I'm doing, and you clearly do not.
    This is absolutely unrealistic and "silly". Imagine a LFR raider without cloak by now who has a mage friend who ports him everywhere so he can blast through the scenarios and invasions in 30 minutes. AHAHAHHAHAH That surely happened. 100%.

Nice try tho.