Quote Originally Posted by Levelfive View Post
    Ok but that's just flatly wrong. It makes a huge difference if, for instance, deliberately cruel and malign policy gets made, challenged, then ultimately blessed at the SC. I agree completely that it's hugely important to interrupt the Heritage Foundation's unchecked installation of conservative judges in the lower courts, but the idea that it makes no difference if Biden's president and could appoint judges to the SC is shortsighted--we frankly don't know who's going to die or retire.
    Unless something happens I doubt the conservative judges on the supreme court will retire under a democratic president. As for the lower courts yes it will be better but we should have lower expectations Chuck Schummer is a puppy dog compared to Moscow Mitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    So we are already blaming Bernie for a Biden loss to Trump.... Well that didn't take long.
    Aren't you preemptively blaming Biden for his loss to Trump?

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Oh Bernie, never change lol. Never ever change.

Biden should refuse to debate him on Sunday. The primary is over. Don't indulge him or his half-baked non-movement.
    Why? If Joe Biden is the strongest nominee what do you have to be afraid of on the debate stage? It should be another opportunity for him to strengthen his base and get people to vote for him right? Bernie will get a chance to move the democratic party to the left and shift the debate by being on that stage and maybe force Biden to change his policy stances. Get him to nail down exactly what he will do as president so the voters can be more informed. What, do you not like informed voters that know what they are voting for? Are the neocons not confident that Joe Biden can handle himself and want him to stay hidden from public eye until November 3rd?
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2020-03-11 at 08:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So we are already blaming Bernie for a Biden loss to Trump.... Well that didn't take long.
    No, Biden will lose to Trump in Nov regardless of the bernie bros. At least thats what I think.

The Bernie Bros are just adding gasoline to the fire.

Biden should refuse to debate him on Sunday. The primary is over. Don't indulge him or his half-baked non-movement.
    As someone who would have much preferred Sanders, agreed actually, and Biden supporters need to just tune out the Sanders noise and get focused on the real enemy. By all means defend Biden, he'll need the support, but no point in wasting ammunition on a fallen foe, even if his people are still lobbing stones at you.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Unless something happens I doubt the conservative judges on the supreme court will retire under a democratic president. As for the lower courts yes it will be better but we should have lower expectations Chuck Schummer is a puppy dog compared to Moscow Mitch.
    I doubt a conservative one would retire, agreed, but Clarence Thomas is getting up there. If we manage to re-take the Senate (hey, it could happen) it would be pretty great if someone besides Schumer became majority leader, for sure.

Only if he loses.

I never bought Trump would be an easy victory, and that was the mistake of people in 2016. Biden is going to actually have to do something he has yet to do. Actually campaign, and show up in states he wants to win.
    So you are complaining about something you are proudly busy doing yourself, in real time. Politics aside, this is just profoundly stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка

He should, just so people even more excuses to not vote.

Or are just to scared it'll show how senile your favorite conservative is?

Quote Originally Posted by CommunismWillWin View Post
    He should, just so people even more excuses to not vote.

Or are just to scared it'll show how senile your favorite conservative is?
    What country are you from again?

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Levelfive View Post
    What country are you from again?
    From Russia.

Sorry that I attacked your conservative buddy.

I'm having a discussion on a political forum that reaches almost no one. If you think me pointing out the obvious facts hurts Biden, then Biden is a weak candidate. I hope he wins, but I have no faith he will.
    I receive your point of view very clearly, but you might want to take more time with your arguments if you ever hope to convince anyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I suppose if that was your feelers are telling you, but we hae actual data that says otherwise namely more PUMA voters went to McCain in 2008 than BernieBros voted for Trump 2016.
    There you go again, thinking an excel spreadsheet is all you need to claim victory, 9 months ahead of time.

Quote Originally Posted by CommunismWillWin View Post
    From Russia.
    Color me shocked. You know every time I catch you encouraging Americans not to participate in their own election, I'm going to be there, right?

No need to convince anyone here, as most people are readily engaged and made up their minds awhile ago. Only time will tell if Biden was the right choice, but we ran a milk toast centrist in 2016, but well see if being a male makes a difference.
    I mean, it already has.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    To be fair I don't think there are very many not willing to throw behind Biden. There's the one guy who isn't even an American and might be a little bit crazy, and then there's Theo who I'm still 93% positive is just concern trolling. I might have missed a few though.
    This is only the primaries and the whole MSM are on his side and covering for his political past and his "gaffes".

As soon as the light of day is shined on Bidens record AT ALL, then many people are going to find it harder going out to vote for him.

His support of repealing the Glass-Steagall Act, his support for Nafta, his support of the Iraq war, his championing BAPCPA, the "1994 Biden Crime Bill", him advocating social security cuts, his anti-busing crusade. He supported the Hyde Amendment and “states’ rights” to overturn Roe v. Wade. He's even stated he would veto Medicare For All if it managed to pass through the House and Senate.

I'm surprised how ANY progressives and Bernie supporters could vote for Biden. If anything, Biden had a HUGE hand in half the shit in peoples lives that led to them voting for Trump. "Vote Blue no matter who" is an establishment scam - Based on his political history, Biden is probably worse for their progressive agenda than Trump is.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Biden actually said this..
    “When I argued that we should freeze federal spending, I meant Social Security as well. I meant Medicare and Medicaid. I meant veterans’ benefits. I meant every single solitary thing in the government. And I not only tried it once, I tried it twice, I tried it a third time, and I tried it a fourth time.”
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Why? If Joe Biden is the strongest nominee what do you have to be afraid of on the debate stage? It should be another opportunity for him to strengthen his base and get people to vote for him right? Bernie will get a chance to move the democratic party to the left and shift the debate by being on that stage and maybe force Biden to change his policy stances. Get him to nail down exactly what he will do as president so the voters can be more informed. What, do you not like informed voters that know what they are voting for? Are the neocons not confident that Joe Biden can handle himself and want him to stay hidden from public eye until November 3rd?
    What's the point of having a debate with someone that you already beat? Should Trump debate Hillary again?

Biden will be the "right the ship" President. We know you don't like/agree/understand that. But that's how it will play out.

No need to convince anyone here, as most people are readily engaged and made up their minds awhile ago. Only time will tell if Biden was the right choice, but we ran a milk toast centrist in 2016, but well see if being a male makes a difference.

- - - Updated - - -

American's don't need convinced not to vote. It's the largest demographic come voting season.
    Oh I've called out Americans doing it, too, and will continue to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    He really can't, and won't. It would make no sense for him personally or the revolution, and everyone would lose their patience. It would be too humiliating and most of all too expensive. What he's doing now is the right thing to do.
    Now when you say "won't," it reads as one of Skroe's often-wrong predictions based on the logical politics of the 90s and early 2000s.

He shouldn't, but it is something he can do if he wants to. And it's not too far removed from what he did last time - he insisted all the way until the end that he'd send his delegates to the convention even if he had no path to victory. This time around, there's no way he can run another presidential; I would be shocked if he's even still physically able to hold office come 2024. I could see some fringe possibility that he pulls a political stunt as his swan song while insisting he's representing the people. He probably won't, but applying logical pragmatism to Bernie Sanders is a gamble.

On the contrary, every american should see Biden in a debate right about now. They need to know what they're voting for in november. Fuck off with the 'abandon policy talk' bullshit.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

Agreed. We can see the usual suspects coming out against this - it would be hysterical if it weren't so sad.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    On the contrary, every american should see Biden in a debate right about now. They need to know what they're voting for in november. Fuck off with the 'abandon policy talk' bullshit.
    Because 10 days ago was too far back?