Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Well if you ever have done a hard mode raid from Wrath you know it is pretty challenging, that being said I get what you are saying.
    oh dear I rly wish they would bring back hardmodes,dont care how,togglable or naturaly activated somehow,but they didnt like the nature of it in ulduar with you needing to find it out...but that was part of the charm

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dazie View Post
    I mean personally I did not play the last 2 expansions but found WOTLK too be the most challenging raid wise expansion, spent a long time on firefighter and no lights yogg and hard mode Lich, while I much preferred TBC I found myself much more engaged doing the hard mode versions of raids
    yeah wrath for its time had some REALLY hard figths,but the issue in wrath was that,it made up only like 3-4 figths at best,everything else was a cake walk,i played all of wrath,raids like sarth,maly,naxx,trial,and most of icc once the buff started roling in were cakewalks,by comparison legion and wod had a far better overall quality and difficulty(emerland nightmare being the exeption mostly cause they underestimated the early power boosts),but figths like helya,avatar,kill jaeden,guldan were pretty brual pre nerf,kj even after nerfs was a monster,had some annoying ones as well like star augur and maiden where one person can insta wipe you

People wanted Classic, they got Classic.

Retention over time will decide far more over the possibility of TBC/WOTLK servers than what went down during Classic's release.

Also: How far does the pandering to people wanting to be stuck in a certain iteration go...? Do they release Legacy servers up until the final expansion? Just Classic/TBC/WOTLK? At some point, maybe it's time for people choosing to play an MMORPG to realize that change comes with the territory for as long as the game stays out of maintenance mode.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    As much as I prefer Classic over Live/Retail for the MMORPG aspect, it's always been obvious that Classic lives upon burrowed time. Content that used to keep people surprised, confused and lost nowadays has a thousand and one guides exactly how to progress.
    WoW classic raid content is being cleared near-ridiculously quickly, and people in Orgrimmar look like they've all been in Nihilum for half a year, gathering gear.

So what do you think Blizzards wants to do with Classic once Naxxramas is cleared? Will they keep players running naxx until people are decked in t3, or will they prefer resets?
    I have to be honest, I'd prefer Blizzard doing server resets rather than people getting absolutely decked in T3.
    WoW Classic will either need "resets" or Blizzard making BC/LK releases for Classic going forward.

Unless they're doing BC servers, I'd rather see them resetting everything 1-3 months after Kel'Thuzad is down, instead of watching everyone getting completely BiSed for all eternity :-P
    Why do they need to do anything?

The devs literally stated day 1. This is a museum piece plain and simple. It is notba project for them to work on.

They only built it as a gift to the older players. And straight uo stated in interviews that they have no intention on ever adding reseting or doing anything with it. They have a small crew working on the servers to maintain. However that is it.

They very blatently stated that they do not care if only 10 people play classic. Once the last phase hits. That is it. Servers stay like that for ever.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nak88 View Post
    That Classic+ nonsense isn't going anywhere with this Activision Blizzard, stop it guys. And no, you are just a very small but vocal minority. Most people actually prefer TBC and then WotLK, just check previous polls in this forum, Reddit and official forums.
    I...hate tbc..like physically loathe and detest that feces ridden garbage. I rank tbc worst than bfa.

My hatred for the single worst piece of trash blizz has ever done is so great that if im asked to go to outlands for any reason. Ill straight up lie to people about why im not going. Even listening to thr music is painful.

There are a few options for Classic endgame. None of them involve Classic+ so this idea needs to be jettisoned from the community vernacular and nuked in orbit. It will never happen. Ever.

So let's talk Pro's and Con's of the options that will happen:

Scenario A: Nothing

Blizzard lets Classic realms stay on the Naxx patch forever. No new content other than updates about Holidays and shit like that.

Pros: By far the easiest and least maintenance solution for Blizzard.

"Real" Classic fans will love it.

Cons: This is also the least sustainable solution. After awhile, servers will begin to die out. At some point they'll either need to merge/shut down servers.

There really won't be a very good path to endgame for new 60s. You will either join an established guild and get your ass carried or you'll try to muddle your way through lower endgame content with the 3 or 4 other unlucky souls who don't yet have a Naxx raiding guild.

"Real" Classic fans will hate it.

Scenario B: Nothing, but with Seasonal servers

Blizzard introduces "Seasonal" servers which give players a chance to experience the many Phases of Classic again with all the sweet knowledge they've already obtained.

Pros: Keeps the game interesting for people who like Classic but don't like the idea of staying on the same dead/dying realm slaying the same internet dragons until the end of time.

Cons: There's no guarantee people will roll on Seasonal realms. It also could potentially majorly fuck with guilds if their players are split on whether to reroll.

Scenario C: TBC because fuck you

Blizzard announces TBC Classic and says fuck you, you're upgrading to it whether you like it or not.

Pros: Easiest and least maintenance intensive way forward for Blizzard to "continue" Classic. It doesn't risk splitting the community because fuck you, you've got TBC whether you like it or not.

Cons: While this doesn't risk splitting the playerbase, it does risk alienating the few weirdos who would prefer Scenario A. It also kind of puts Blizzard back in the weird position where there's no longer a legal way to replicate the aMaZiNg ClAsSiC eXpErIeNcE.

Scenario D: Classic realms AND TBC realms

Blizzard decides to pull a Dora the Explorer and says fuck it, why not both? Blizzard adds a metric fuckton of TBC servers and you character copy your happy ass over to it or reroll and deal with it.

Pros: Satisfies both the Classic fans and the TBC fans.

Cons: Splits the playerbase. Some Classic realms will definitely die. And dear God, the character creation process will be a fucking nightmare as faction balance is totally skewed and everybody rolls on PvP servers despite hating everything about world PvP "because that's what my friends like."

"Real" Classic fans hate it.

Scenario E: Seasonal realms, TBC realms AND Classic realms

Blizzard goes full madman and does it all.

Pros: If you can't find a version of Classic to play, you're either too picky or you frequently post on this subforum.

Cons: Logistical nightmare for Blizzard and will definitely fracture the playerbase, leading to inevitable server mergers/closures. It also runs the risk of trying to accomplish too many things and ultimately appeasing nobody.

Phew. That ended up being longer than I expected. If I were a betting man, I'd say only Scenario A and C are probable. But who knows. Only time will tell. Oh, and no matter what Blizzard does or doesn't do, "real" fans will either love or hate them for it.
    Last edited by Relapses; 2020-03-11 at 05:41 AM. Reason: on mobile

Quote Originally Posted by Pohut View Post
    WoW Classic is superior to anything and everything that came afterwards. I can easily see it lasting 10 more years without any unnecessary updates some people on this forum insist on. Why fix something that's already perfect?
    hue hue hue

Hate to break it to you, but it's already pretty much dead at this point

Launching BC servers will require much less work from Blizzard this time around, compared to the job with getting Classic up.

Launching BC servers will gain ALOT of subs for 6+ months, so alot of easy money for Blizzard.

Its not a point of if, but when.

They can just leave a few servers left for classic. With the layer tech its easy enough if Classic suddenly gets alot of players again.

Would be nice if they could roll out BC on too the classic servers as it happened before, had so much fun with hundreds of people waiting at the Dark portal to go through

Would it be an idea to like have BC as it was and create like 5% Hp increase on bosses would that defer the issues classic had with people flying through the content with the knowledge they have now? I know and remember boss's like Muru and KJ being a ridiculous dps check as they were but would be cool if something could change to increase longevity of the expansion

"Pretty much dead"

Still has double or even triple the playerbase that bfa has.

Yes..dead.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    "Pretty much dead"

Yes..dead.

Move along.
    Yeah, it seems like these Classic haters really want it to fail and don't want to acknowledge how successful it is. I reckon millions are playing it right now.

"Pretty much dead"

Yes..dead.

Move along.
    ah yes, triple the playerbase of noted runaway success bfa

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    People wanted Classic, they got Classic.

Retention over time will decide far more over the possibility of TBC/WOTLK servers than what went down during Classic's release.

Also: How far does the pandering to people wanting to be stuck in a certain iteration go...? Do they release Legacy servers up until the final expansion? Just Classic/TBC/WOTLK? At some point, maybe it's time for people choosing to play an MMORPG to realize that change comes with the territory for as long as the game stays out of maintenance mode.
    Plenty of older MMOs have made releasing old content through progression servers part of their business model. At this point, your whole “this is how MMOs work” nonsense is completely backward. Everquest has had progression servers for a decade now. You are the one behind the times, not everyone else.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Plenty of older MMOs have made releasing old content through progression servers part of their business model. At this point, your whole “this is how MMOs work” nonsense is completely backward. Everquest has had progression servers for a decade now. You are the one behind the times, not everyone else.
    And do those older MMOs have a Live version that receives new development updates on the regular?

And do those older MMOs have a Live version that receives new development updates on the regular?
    Yes. Everquest still gets expansions quite often.
    -ynnady

Zero evidence provided, just throw it out in desperate hope that it's true.

But to balance, Classic is clearly not dead. Now if only Classic fans could calm their toxicity and stop screeching that exact sentiment about Live any chance they get.

Zero evidence provided, just throw it out in desperate hope that it's true.

But to balance, Classic is clearly not dead. Now if only Classic fans could calm their toxicity and stop screeching that exact sentiment about Live any chance they get.
    Classic is a good game. Retail is a really shockingly bad game. This makes classic fans defensive, and retail fans even more defensive.
    -ynnady

10+ Year Old Account
    Easiest option is to do nothing, but the next easiest is TBC. Though i can't see them opening a new slew of servers for it. They could easily open a handful, have players have to go through Classic first to 60 before being able to copy to a TBC server. You wouldn't be seeing a player surge similar to the Classic launch because of the levelling gate, as i am sure just like back in Vanilla a good chunk of the players never even made it to 60 yet.

Classic is a good game. Retail is a really shockingly bad game. This makes classic fans defensive, and retail fans even more defensive.
    Such factual statements you have made, it would be foolish for anyone to disagree with your obviously non-biased opinion. I quit Classic at 30, and have played retail way more and enjoy my time there a lot more. Retail and Classic are different games, different times, your statements are both subjective as shit.
    Last edited by Redroniksre; 2020-03-12 at 01:33 AM.

I love how you proved the poster completely right in your reply. Perfection.

Yes. Everquest still gets expansions quite often.
    Having looked at the latest one, I'd say it's not even close to the effort of development poured into WoW.

And my stance on people choosing MMORPGs only to then want stagnation remains. That's not "behind the times" or backwards, it's a personal opinion. I've known just fine about progression servers since first hearing of Private ones 11 years ago.

One thing that's out of the question in terms of long-term goals, would be "rollbacks".

There's a handful of ideas floating around:

• Reset
      • Given X number of months after Naxxramas launches, reset the servers and start again.
      • I would imagine this is somewhat likely. They would have all the technology ready and bugs fixed to do this easily. People would probably enjoy starting fresh every 2-3 years as well.
    • Rolling Servers
      • Similar to Reset, but instead of deleting old progress they release new servers that start in Phase 1
      • This might divide the Classic playerbase too much as there'd be a conflict between starting fresh or continuing on your current character. I'd say less likely than resets
    • Museum
      • Once the final patch is out, leave classic alone and do nothing
      • I'd say this is pretty unlikely. Classic is obviously a cash cow and letting it die would skip out on some serious revenue
    • TBC/Wrath
      • Simply continue Classic into the TBC realms then into WotLK realms
      • Instead of forcing people to continue, they could leave Classic realms in a Museum state and let people transfer their Classic toons to the TBC/LK realms. I'd say this is the most likely out of all the options
    • Classic+
      • Create new and original content with the Classic ideology in place (40 man raids, hardcore grinds, attunements, slow travel, etc)
      • I'd say this is less likely that TBC/Wrath, but more likely that Resets/Rolling servers. I think they will do something to keep the idea fresh

Now they can mix or match these ideas. They could make Classic+ and also create TBC realms for people to try while also making rolling servers for Classic fans.

No matter what they do, "Classic" will always be accessible, or else they will simply be back where they started with people crying for authentic realms.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

I rest my case, the Classic fans are simply incapable of logic across the gaming lines.