Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Every so often? You are required to make 3 efforts (applications/employer contacts) a week if you live in the states... I WORK FOR UNEMPLOYMENT. You literally are admitting to committing fraud ... your state/country has to be lazy if they actually checked you.
    Poo Poo to you you!! By the books kind of guy, who waste every last dime chasing after pennies huh??

Technically by all measures, I met the requirements every week. Don't you worry your little pencil pushing govt panties. I was even "reviewed" several times during this tenure and passed with flying colors!! They even laughed when I asked them if they wanted to see my "log". The one adjudicator even said, "we don't really look at those because most of them are just made up".

I was making close to 6 figures with bonus and options, so there really was not a lot of work available even at rates 20-30% lower. Not to mention I was in health insurance that was basically losing 600,000 members/customers a month. Not exactly an industry that was hiring at any level.

Granted I did not apply or look as hard as I "should have" but in 2009 the states were in no real position to deny unemployment because you could not find a job, or really were not putting effort in doing so. Do you even remember what 2009-2010 was like?

in my state its even more vague than that and had no specific number of "efforts" you had to make.
    Right from the DOL.gov site on unemployment law. There is no specific law on the #, just a "guidance" from the courts.

The unemployment compensation law states that most unemployed workers must make reasonable efforts to find employment each week. While the law does not specify what number of efforts to find work you must make each week, courts have generally said that an unemployed person who makes at least three employer contacts on two different days in a week has made reasonable efforts to obtain work during that week. Repeat contacts are not considered to be reasonable unless there is a definite reason to believe returning to the same employer would increase your chances of being hired.

Be actively seeking work by making reasonable efforts to find employment each week;

and

To demonstrate that you are genuinely exposed to the labor market, you must be ready, willing and able to accept any suitable work.

• During the weeks immediately after you first become unemployed, you may limit your work search to employment that is equivalent to your highest previous wage and skill level. However, after a reasonable period, if you have not found new employment, you will be expected to broaden your availability to other types of work and to jobs which may pay less than your highest previous wage.

• You may be interviewed periodically by American Job Center staff who will advise you regarding your compliance with this requirement. You may also be selected for an UI Re-employment Services and Eligibility Assessment through the American Job Center. If you are selected, your participation is mandatory. See the UNEMPLOYMENT INSURANCE REEMPLOYMENT SERVICES AND ELIGIBILITY ASSESSMENT (UI RESEA) section of this document for more information.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Poo Poo to you you!! By the books kind of guy, who waste every last dime chasing after pennies huh??

Technically by all measures, I met the requirements every week. Don't you worry your little pencil pushing govt panties. I was even "reviewed" several times during this tenure and passed with flying colors!! They even laughed when I asked them if they wanted to see my "log". The one adjudicator even said, "we don't really look at those because most of them are just made up".

I was making close to 6 figures with bonus and options, so there really was not a lot of work available even at rates 20-30% lower. Not to mention I was in health insurance that was basically losing 600,000 members/customers a month. Not exactly an industry that was hiring at any level.

Granted I did not apply or look as hard as I "should have" but in 2009 the states were in no real position to deny unemployment because you could not find a job, or really were not putting effort in doing so. Do you even remember what 2009-2010 was like?

in my state its even more vague than that and had no specific number of "efforts" you had to make.
    Right from the DOL.gov site on unemployment law. There is no specific law on the #, just a "guidance" from the courts.

The unemployment compensation law states that most unemployed workers must make reasonable efforts to find employment each week. While the law does not specify what number of efforts to find work you must make each week, courts have generally said that an unemployed person who makes at least three employer contacts on two different days in a week has made reasonable efforts to obtain work during that week. Repeat contacts are not considered to be reasonable unless there is a definite reason to believe returning to the same employer would increase your chances of being hired.

Be actively seeking work by making reasonable efforts to find employment each week;

and

To demonstrate that you are genuinely exposed to the labor market, you must be ready, willing and able to accept any suitable work.

• During the weeks immediately after you first become unemployed, you may limit your work search to employment that is equivalent to your highest previous wage and skill level. However, after a reasonable period, if you have not found new employment, you will be expected to broaden your availability to other types of work and to jobs which may pay less than your highest previous wage.

• You may be interviewed periodically by American Job Center staff who will advise you regarding your compliance with this requirement. You may also be selected for an UI Re-employment Services and Eligibility Assessment through the American Job Center. If you are selected, your participation is mandatory. See the UNEMPLOYMENT INSURANCE REEMPLOYMENT SERVICES AND ELIGIBILITY ASSESSMENT (UI RESEA) section of this document for more information.
    I would have denied your lying ass.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

I would have denied your lying ass.
    of course you wouldn't have. You would have had no basis and you would not have risked your job performance over it once the appeal got done with you.

on what grounds would you have denied me? Arm chair QB logic after the fact??

don't be a phony
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

7+ Year Old Account
    of course you wouldn't have. You would have had no basis and you would not have risked your job performance over it once the appeal got done with you.

on what grounds would you have denied me? Arm chair QB logic after the fact??

don't be a phony
    I literally denied people for less and they have been upheld. So no, I am not being phony.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

I literally denied people for less and they have been upheld. So no, I am not being phony.
    So again on what grounds?
    You are avoiding the question and just responding with feelings and deflecting to other examples.

Sounds more like you abused your position instead of following the rules.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

7+ Year Old Account
    So again on what grounds?
    You are avoiding the question and just responding with feelings and deflecting to other examples.

Sounds more like you abused your position instead of following the rules.
    You literally admitted that you treated it as a vacation, you were literally not putting the effort required and your efforts can be assumed to be fallacious on that alone.
    Seriously, I don't need to "answer it" when you abused the system and admitted to it.
    –The Sith Code

You literally admitted that you treated it as a vacation, you were literally not putting the effort required and your efforts can be assumed to be fallacious on that alone.
    Seriously, I don't need to "answer it" when you abused the system and admitted to it.
    I put as much effort as was required under the law. I had a log. I had applied. bare minimum effort, maximum vacation feeling!!

like I said you would deny me because of "feelings" and "jealousy" it sure sounds like vs actual procedures/law. I didn't make the laws, I just followed what was required of me.

and once I went to appeal with my logs and my contacts, poof your little tantrum would go up in smoke.

Not like it wouldn't be the first time I had to deal with DOL, DSS and other govt appeal processes.

I guarantee if you pulled that shit during 2008-2009 economic shitstorm you would have your ass reprimanded to hell and back.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

7+ Year Old Account
    I put as much effort as was required under the law. I had a log. I had applied. bare minimum effort, maximum vacation feeling!!

like I said you would deny me because of "feelings" and "jealousy" it sure sounds like vs actual procedures/law. I didn't make the laws, I just followed what was required of me.

and once I went to appeal with my logs and my contacts, poof your little tantrum would go up in smoke.

Not like it wouldn't be the first time I had to deal with DOL, DSS and other govt appeal processes.

I guarantee if you pulled that shit during 2008-2009 economic shitstorm you would have your ass reprimanded to hell and back.
    Well, the laws and their application changed because of people like you abusing the system and FYI, the laws always permit a facially valid determination. Meaning if I don't think you genuinely were putting in effort, I can deny you and explain why and that won't result in a reprimand.

It isn't jealousy ... it is because of people like you that people have to jump through more hoops now to get benefits. You and your kinds actions HURT other people.

You have admitted that you committed fraud whether you accept that or not, you benefited from lazy people that were overwork and underpaid and likely temps.
    –The Sith Code

Well, the laws and their application changed because of people like you abusing the system and FYI, the laws always permit a facially valid determination. Meaning if I don't think you genuinely were putting in effort, I can deny you and explain why and that won't result in a reprimand.

It isn't jealousy ... it is because of people like you that people have to jump through more hoops now to get benefits. You and your kinds actions HURT other people.

You have admitted that you committed fraud whether you accept that or not, you benefited from lazy people that were overwork and underpaid and likely temps.

in my state the rules have not changed in the last 11 years since I last filed so I am not sure what you are talking about "more hoops".

btw if I got an offer for my job back, or a comparable job I would have taken it in a moment since I already got the full lump sum from my employer it would be like winning a huge scratch off.

not to mention better benefits, 401k matches and pension (at least back then when pensions existed)

so my vacation as I call it was not all positive.

and again, I did the bare min required under the law. no fraud was committed. You still have not specifically told me, other than you "feel" like I was not putting enough effort in. GG that holding up in appeal.

You still don't understand that 95% of the stuff you are even talking about you would have had no idea to even make that "feeling" decision. Again armchair QB'ing the decision with facts you know after the fact.

Also Shame on you for not following the law and making a decision based on your gut. Think of the hundreds and probably thousand of people you hurt!!

Also I did not benefit from anyone. I benefitted from myself in paying taxes on over 2.2 million dollars in taxable income from the tender age of 12 when I filed my first return because I exceeded the max as a newspaper delivery boy and my parents said I should file.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

7+ Year Old Account
    in my state the rules have not changed in the last 11 years since I last filed so I am not sure what you are talking about "more hoops".

btw if I got an offer for my job back, or a comparable job I would have taken it in a moment since I already got the full lump sum from my employer it would be like winning a huge scratch off.

not to mention better benefits, 401k matches and pension (at least back then when pensions existed)

so my vacation as I call it was not all positive.

and again, I did the bare min required under the law. no fraud was committed. You still have not specifically told me, other than you "feel" like I was not putting enough effort in. GG that holding up in appeal.

You still don't understand that 95% of the stuff you are even talking about you would have had no idea to even make that "feeling" decision. Again armchair QB'ing the decision with facts you know after the fact.

Also Shame on you for not following the law and making a decision based on your gut. Think of the hundreds and probably thousand of people you hurt!!

Also I did not benefit from anyone. I benefitted from myself in paying taxes on over 2.2 million dollars in taxable income from the tender age of 12 when I filed my first return because I exceeded the max as a newspaper delivery boy and my parents said I should file.
    *points to your post* That's alone to deny you.

Unless you worked in Penn, New Jersey or Alaska, none of your money pays for unemployment.
    –The Sith Code

Unless you worked in Penn, New Jersey or Alaska, none of your money pays for unemployment.
    I wouldn't really bother with people like that. They are already fine abusing a system that is in place to actually help struggling people.

Nothing to be argued with them.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravex View Post
    I wouldn't really bother with people like that. They are already fine abusing a system that is in place to actually help struggling people.

He is also unaware that because of actions like his, the Federal government put in measures that dictate the level of funding state's get to run their job seeking services as well as unemployment. They don't want a repeat of his actions, so he benefited from people letting things slide and doesn't realize things changed because of his actions (nor does he care to).
    –The Sith Code

Well if you slow down and read....it's 10 years ago...you wouldn't know any of that...and I had the min necessary information. So you wouldn't have.

As for whom pays unemployment... My overall compensation includes the amount they pay for all insurance including unemployment. So while technically you are right and I am wrong
    ..in the end like all taxes the employee and customers in the end pay it one way or another. For employees it's lower actual pay because they have to pay unemployment insurance

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ravex View Post

Oh cute you don't think I was suffering. I guess going from a few thousand a week to a lot less sure makes it easy to pay bills and mortgage....
    No health insurance.
    No retirement contribution..

Yup no suffering..no trade offs..nothing negative.

- - - Updated - - -

He is also unaware that because of actions like his, the Federal government put in measures that dictate the level of funding state's get to run their job seeking services as well as unemployment. They don't want a repeat of his actions, so he benefited from people letting things slide and doesn't realize things changed because of his actions (nor does he care to).
    Already told you the rules have not changed in my state. Only the amount of time after Obama extensions were sunset.

But glad you ignored that part.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

7+ Year Old Account
    Already told you the rules have not changed in my state. Only the amount of time after Obama extensions were sunset.

But glad you ignored that part.
    And I hate to tell you, that you are wrong. Why the law haven't changed, how they are enforced and interpreted have. The Federal government who controls funding to the states of the Federal Unemployment Tax has put measures on states based on how long people are on unemployment and the quality of their efforts. You would be classified then as well as now as "improperly paid" as in order to count as efforts, you being on unemployment for that long would be question.

And the first part of your reply is garbage on garbage ... by that logic, I paid your unemployment, not you. Again, you benefited from an overworked and overtaxed system at the time you filed ... you still abused it.
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2020-03-12 at 12:36 AM.
    –The Sith Code

Since I was 16, never honestly. I've lost and quit jobs but ive never been unemployed

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    5 months mostly by choice, since I started working at 14.

10+ Year Old Account
    As an adult like 4 or 5 months, in my teens maybe a year total from my 1st job ever at 15 to my second job at 16 or 17

15+ Year Old Account
    If you count the time for being in college, 4 years for me. If you don't count that time, its was 2 years between steady employment if you don't count a handful of temp jobs during those 2 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    When I first graduated from college it took about a year before I found my first 'real" job. since then I had a 1 week transition between employers.

Welp, I just got laid off today (Tier 1 automotive supplier). I guess maybe my answer will change.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!