Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    This is literally why you do not adapt content to the LFR community.

They are the ones saying sh*t like "the m+ timer is bad, I want more difficulty not a timer" and "raids are too easy" and when you see they never even did a normal boss they go "but its the same boss on every difficulty, so I killed it already".

They do not know what they want. They actually want the exact opposite. The moment you make them do difficult content they quit.
    Apparently now it is even too much to ask to do the intro quest of 8.3 that gives you the cloak (1 hour tops).

And anyone really thinks these people should have a say in how the game is designed? Nah fam.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Endgame long questchain taking you across the world in vanilla = "epic sweet gaming!"
    You forget that back then people were happy to have ANY quests in WOW because golden standard of MMOs were Asian mob grinders with next to no story whatsoever.

Somehow people focus on things like graphics and ask for character sliders to be added to customization, but storytelling can stay 15 years old with no improvement?

People have rose tinted glasses because I'd bet back in vanilla they were hating running through onyxia chain multiple times "to help a new guildie" or whatever. Also a lot of people were just mob grinding at the few last levels in vanilla completely ignoring the lvl 50+ quests that involved too much traveling.

Quote Originally Posted by Touchthereaper View Post
    Yes corruptions, you know that buff from gear. That doesn't make it "mandatory" for the fight. Great try though A for effort.
    Urm.. you get instantly mced by pulling carapace or nzoth without the cloak. The cloak levels doesn't matter, but rank 1 cloak or higher is 100% mandatory

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Have not encountered anyone without cloak but after 20 wipes and only seeing ph2 once I'm fairly certain LFR-groups still would be wiping even if the mechanics didn't do any dmg at all. Cycling through 100 players joining and leaving, repeating tactics over and over, noobs panic and forget about dodging/pressing their extra action button, initiating a slowrolling snowball of a chainreaction leading to wipes with half the raid mc'd and the other half smelling the floor. When they finally get it they'd rather take a break and leave making for an endless shitshow with the few sticking around eventually succumbing to waiting for nerfs to clear it at all in LFR thus leaving too.
    Determination has no effect on corruption mechanic hence it simply does not help with the fight as it is.
    Last edited by Tiwack; 2020-03-11 at 11:12 PM.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post

They are the ones saying sh*t like "the m+ timer is bad, I want more difficulty not a timer" and "raids are too easy" and when you see they never even did a normal boss they go "but its the same boss on every difficulty, so I killed it already".
    Adapting content to LFR is adapting it to lowest common denominator, because it's meant to be "everyone can join" content. Problem is Blizzard designs bosses for heroic and then adds / cuts stuff for other difficulties and we either end up with abominations like "desolate host with no host in it" or with bosses that cannot be translated into "story mode" because some mechanics are too binary to make them easier without completely removing them.

And not every lfr player is the same, some would want to see the boss just in less punishing version, while others would just rather afk and get loot in the mailbox, but since there's no division of them and all of them are thrown into the same queue it's hard to reconcile those 2 groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Sosuke Aizen View Post
    I maxed on stacks of determination so I feel you.
    Wait there is a cap!?! Holy hell. I feel for you. I haven’t tried it yet so I think I’ll just wait and run the normal or heroic when the guild does alt runs and I can be bothered.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbidaggy View Post
    Wait there is a cap!?! Holy hell. I feel for you. I haven’t tried it yet so I think I’ll just wait and run the normal or heroic when the guild does alt runs and I can be bothered.
    cap is 10 and you will get there fast lol

I joined another group today with 10 stacks.. and never got past P1 really best pull was 90%
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

the only sensible fix is to remove the instant mind control.
    requiring quest completion to queue is not restrictive enough => for whatever reasons the player may not be wearing it => instant mind control => more tears
    requiring to wear it may be too much of an annoyance => player is waiting for some time => accidentially unequips it => gets removed from the queue => more tears

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    It's how it should be

It still isn't hard whatsoever,but people have to actually try,instead of having 15+ AFK people and the rest half assing it,and still getting a win for it
    I would be with you if all of LFR was like that. But you can't have every other boss be killable by rolling your head on the keyboard and one that requires some kind of game sense. It just doesn't work that way. Either have no curve or an easy curve but N'Zoth is a step up that's too high for that mode.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Glad they left the cloak requirement in, jesus christ, it takes 1-2 hours to get, that's the bare minimum of effort.
    So just because you can only go LFR you should deal with lazy ppl and/or trolls who went in there without their cloak?
    Und wenn du das Spiel verlierst, ganz unten stehst, dann stehn wir hier und sing Borussia - Borussia BVB!

Quote Originally Posted by Smeller View Post
    So just because you can only go LFR you should deal with lazy ppl and/or trolls who went in there without their cloak?
    How is that different than any other wing? and you can't queue without your cloak anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Smeller View Post
    I would be with you if all of LFR was like that. But you can't have every other boss be killable by rolling your head on the keyboard and one that requires some kind of game sense. It just doesn't work that way. Either have no curve or an easy curve but N'Zoth is a step up that's too high for that mode.

- - - Updated - - -

....yall act like this wasnt a thing since LFR was a thing

Remember when people used to summon the raid to Mally during the cutscene before Hagara

Or the shenigans on Spine

I miss MoP LFR. It was a perfect balance of skill vs reward. You got really good rewards but the bosses were tough. I felt it was a perfect springboard into harder difficulties.

Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post

They do not know what they want. They actually want the exact opposite. The moment you make them do difficult content they quit.
    Apparently now it is even too much to ask to do the intro quest of 8.3 that gives you the cloak (1 hour tops).

And anyone really thinks these people should have a say in how the game is designed? Nah fam.
    That's probably just conflating groups of people, to be honest. I'm not into LFR'ing stuff, but I still prefer more difficult pulls in m+ to a timer, since I just don't like rushing through stuff. Most people playing LFR are probably not saying anything anywhere you could hear it to begin with, since most of them aren't on boards like this one.
    And even among the people here you will see posts from people that do not mind the encounter being more difficult in and of itself. Even people who do LFR only may enjoy a bit of a challenge now and then. Lots of those kind of people just aren't into organized raiding anymore. No, the problem isn't really that the encounter has difficult mechanics, but rather that it can't really be carried in its current stage. You can't really save people from their mistakes and you can't do it with a few better people if a lot of bad ones died. That is not necessarily the difficulty that people seek when they think something too easy, to be honest. The difficulty here comes through the means of groupfinding, rather than the encounter itself, if that makes sense. If someone was forced to create normal or HC pug but with the caveat they have to invite anyone with above bare minimum ilvl and the right role, it would be just as bad, tbh.
    Ironically, LFR can often be much harder than pugging exactly because of that. Pugs just filter so hard by experience and gear that failure is much less likely is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    As the title suggests, LFR N'zoth is the raid killer this time around. First you have to spend 5 minutes kicking everyone who doesn't have the cloak, since it's a REQUIREMENT for this part of the raid. Then you have to spend another 10 minutes kicking the new people who joined without cloaks and then explaining the mechanics of the various phases...then immediately wipe because people aren't clicking on their bodies at the end of p1, or aren't replenishing their sanity when they emerge.

The LFR I was just in wiped 17 times before I decided to call it quits, and they BARELY got N'zoth down to 90% the second time he was vulnerable. After that half the raid almost immediately died due to various mechanics that they weren't paying attention to.

4-5 people left after each wipe, which kicked off the whole "kick those without cloaks and explain the raid" thing every time. I spent 3 hours on that one boss that--while difficult--should not be so impossible for LFR.

I fully expect that Blizz will either block people from queueing if they don't have the cloak or reduce the sanity drain of various abilities as well as possibly reducing the health of N'zoth and/or Psychus by the time next week rolls around. It's simply nigh impossible to do with a random group as it stands.
    Hahaha I'm so glad I'm not playing this dumpster fire of a game right now.
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2020-03-12 at 05:56 AM. Reason: Infracted

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Hahaha I'm so glad I'm not playing this dumpster fire of a game right now.
    Just posting to mock/look smug. Very helpful to the thread.

I just popped into a group with 10 stacks that had wiped like 20 times. The best attempt was getting him to 70%. Seriously don't bother until they nerf it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pratt View Post
    I just popped into a group with 10 stacks that had wiped like 20 times. The best attempt was getting him to 70%. Seriously don't bother until they nerf it.
    Agreed. Been joinin' groups like that allll day.

Quote Originally Posted by Outofmana View Post
    The only time LFR was tuned properly was in Pandaria @ Throne of Thunder; it was perfect. After that, you had undertuned braindead WoD and now the retardedly overtuned N"Zoth.
    Image saying that and know that even normal mode is 3x harder I almost fall asleep of how boring the fight on our mythic reclear was with the cloak nerfing it every week
    I.O BFA Season 3

Well Blizzard are patching the game now to make it so if you don't have the cloak you can't get into the last wing.

Incoming QQ threads about it in 5. 4. 3. 2. 1

Blademaster
    3+ Year Old Account
    If you can't be arsed doing 1 hour quest chain that's the bread and butter of the patch that ties into all content, to be honest you don't deserve to do that content.