Poll: How much do you Trust Mainstream News Media?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

How much do you Trust Mainstream News Media?

I trust them as far as their motives which is ratings and feeding their bottom line $$$$$$$ However I only trust actual journalist whether they are biased or not.

Journalist make mistakes but they have a duty to the truth and not to outright make shit up.

Where do you get your news you rely on from and would you say Facebook,Twitter and YouTube are now part of the Mainstream Media News or Not?

Nowdays,

Bloomberg
    NPR
    CNN
    Twitter for the latest stuff.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

7+ Year Old Account
    None of them anymore, but occasionally ill take peak at CNN, MSNBC and Fox are a bit too wacky for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not much. 50% of the time they are right, every time.

I will trust them when they post facts. I never listen to opinion.

Exactly zero.

10+ Year Old Account
    Watch a smorgasbord of media, and that wipes away the bias with whatever facts tend to be shared.
    Putin khuliyo

It's a quick easy way to see what's going on. But you got to know every side has an agenda and angle but as long as you avoid thier cable networks at prime time you can usually see though the fog to what's going on. At prime time good luck. All you hear about is treason and death of the nation unless you join them.

I don't follow media that's not under strict rules to be objective, so... 99.9%, 0.1% reserved for when they've made a typing error, which they always report.

Not trusting the media aside from the one that serves those in power = exactly what despots want.

Not living in the US probably helps too.

Major ones are mostly editorial pages now. About 40-60% of the articles are facts then the rest is slanted opinion. Doesn't matter which outlet, they all do it.

Just have to look at the articles that come out when the BLS releases their employment report. About half thoughtful analysis, and then the rest is editorializing on a particular axe to grind.

Better to just read the report itself and ignore the media reports.
    The Right isn't universally bad. The Left isn't universally good. The Left isn't universally bad. The Right isn't universally good. Legal doesn't equal moral. Moral doesn't equal legal. Illegal doesn't equal immoral. Immoral doesn't equal illegal.

Have a nice day.

I only trust Fox news and russia today

First fox is not news they are entertainment...so ya...

2nd I don't trust them any less or anymore than I did in the 70s-80s-90s-00s.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Russian troll gotta be russian.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post

I trust them as far as their motives which is ratings and feeding their bottom line $$$$$$$ However I only trust actual journalist whether they are biased or not.

Journalist make mistakes but they have a duty to the truth and not to outright make shit up.

Where do you get your news you rely on from and would you say Facebook,Twitter and YouTube are now part of the Mainstream Media News or Not?

Nowdays,

Bloomberg
    NPR
    CNN
    Twitter for the latest stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    For facts? Sure. With reasonable allowances for human error and retractions.

For opinion? The idea that you would "trust" an opinion piece is inherently ridiculous. You're supposed to examine those for the merits (or lack thereof) in their arguments. People who "trust" opinion pieces are the same people who parrot obvious propaganda, because they've given up critical thinking. They don't want to think about issues, they want to be told what to believe and be patted on the head for being such a good, obedient puppy. The only "trust" is that the author's not being intentionally dishonest, which is a really low bar, and doesn't mean you have to agree with anything they're saying.

If you can't tell the difference between the two? You're an adorable puppy, but you've gotta do better if you want to be treated seriously.

It depends on what i am looking for to be honest with you.

Marketwatch, Barons, NPR, Axios, The Australian Financial Review, The Sydney Morning Herald and The Guardian. I also try to check for multiple sources with online based pieces just because its literally the wild west.

Depressing that no one seems to be aware that the media is controlled by the very rich and that their agenda is mostly not one that benefits ordinary people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    However I only trust actual journalist whether they are biased or not.

There's not really any such things as "actual journalism". Media exists to make money, not to serve their readership. This includes the "liberal" ones as well as the overtly crazy right-wing ones.

Most of the income of the media comes from financiers. This is why you might have differing opinions on TV or newspapers about,say , gay marriage, but you will read very little about the latest bankers scheme to swindle people.

First:

Simply I don't (It's all fake news, I only trust Trump)
    is a loaded answer. Do better.

Second, I trust them about as far as I can throw the Titanic with my bare hands. The list of lies printed by the Lamestream media is as long as it gets, and quite frankly, any idea that says they are fair or unbiased is hysterically funny.

Al Reuters comes to mind

Pallywood

Rolling Stone's absolute fuckup with a fake rape story, anyone one of a hundred media outlets that have lied, twisted the facts, sensationalised things or out and out FABRICATED a story cant be trusted at all.

We have a website, news.com.au, their "political reporter" is a sick joke.

Just a reminder, their job isnt to report the news..its to sell papers and make money.

So no they cant be trusted. At all.

- - - Updated - - -

For facts? Sure. With reasonable allowances for human error and retractions.
    Once a liar...always a liar.

Tawana Brawley ring a bell?

I don't which is why I get my news information from Big Money Salvia.

....aaaaand post.

For the past year Tucker Carlson assured me that Joe Biden would not be the Democratic nominee. It's not over yet, but I'm starting to think Fox News and expressing their feelings and calling it news may not be the best way to get reliable information. Clearly Trump is fucking botching the coronavirus response focusing on the economic impact rather than the human impact of the pandemic, but Fox News hosts all tell me if you think Trump is anything less than perfect you suffer from TDS. Well my stonks are suffering from negative 25% TDS. #TrumpSlump.

Also, not sure why the clip of High School drop out and resident moron Kennedy on Fox News from a month ago saying she wants more more Americans to get Coronavirus so her free market can have a profit incentive to cure it doesn't get more play, but I guess no one takes "libertarians" seriously especially not the dumbass hypocrite ones that live in NYC.

Recent poll showed Democrats are preparing and taking the pandemic twice as serious as Republicans, but please keep saying FAKE DEEP STATE HOAX and while the MAGATs are on their deathbeds their loved ones can tell them "Dad, you're going to god now just like grampa and gramma last week, but at least we owned the libs".

Quote Originally Posted by Break The Ice View Post
    I only trust Fox news and russia today
    Says a lot about you and your posting habits to be honest.

Ooops. Didn't mean to hit the top one.

My stance is I simply don't trust mainstream news by itself. But I sure as hell don't trust Trump either.