Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Potential Post Shadowlands "Have to nerf so people can solo" raids

Ok..has happened to every expansion so far where a raid is impossible to solo so blizz had to nerf it so people CAN solo it....

Vanilla:
    BWL Razorgore
    AQ40: Twin Emps/C'thun

BC
    Black Temple: Reliquary
    SWP: Kalegos

Wrath
    Ulduar: Thorim

Cata
    Dragon Soul: Spine of Deathwing

Mists
    Siege of Org: Galakaras

Warlords:
    Hellfire Citadel: Hellfire Assault, Gorefiend

So what's next? Obvious one for Legion is Eonar and for BFA N'Zoth but...not sure what else might end up being problematic for soloing it when its trivial.

Everything where you have other realm/phase/second boss that cannot be tanked with main one so Oppulence, Council, Rastakhan and penultimate BFD boss come to mind from BFD, maybe Radiance p2 could become a block, council fight in EP, not sure about crucible (prolly no problems) from N'yalotha you already mentioned N'zoth but i think also Drestagath could be a problem isnce tentacles are stationary and boss enrages if no ones in melee (they could just nerf the dmg of the aoe and itll be fine), Il'gynoth - MCs need to be turned off if solo (and lowered amount if not solo - if theres 2 of you one shouldnt get MCd), football boss could be problematic (3 ppl for ritual and you can take it only once), Hivemind p2 where they need to be separated could be a slog.
    All that come to mind so potentially a lot of fights need "repairing" if youre solo

Eonar has been nerfed that only need at least 2 people to do it now for mythic. N'zoth well still too early to say.
    Last edited by AlmightyGerkin; 2020-03-11 at 08:22 AM.

Just remembered Skitra...you would need a shitton of dps (like amber shaper was) or the literal luck of the gods to solo him

lets see....

Emerald nightmare: possibly first boss with the MC stacks, but with SL gear and at max that'll be a none issue otherwise everything else is soloable.
    Trial: headache is the two mini bosses with their shield proximity to each other.
    Nighthold: nothing, all bosses are soloable
    Tomb of Sargeras: nothing, everything is soloable
    Antorus: '
    high command, bit of a headache with no one controlling the pods but that's a non-issue with SL gear.
    Eonar, needs a nerf to mythic so 1 person can do the switch,
    portal keeper = nuke before aoe takes you out,
    imonar would need to have sleep bomb disabled when you're in there alone.
    varimathras, 0% healing debuff might cause a problem but can easily out gear it.
    coven: the damage reduction debuff needs to go.

that's all i can think of really.

Quote Originally Posted by un_known View Post
    Emerald nightmare: possibly first boss with the MC stacks, but with SL gear and at max that'll be a none issue otherwise everything else is soloable.
    I was in Eternal Palace gear last time I tried mythic EN, and I was able to blow up Nythendra before her mind control went off. That may not even be an issue for anyone now with just base emissary gear and some decent-ish corruption.

Quote Originally Posted by un_known View Post
    Tomb of Sargeras: nothing, everything is soloable
    What about KJ? Unless you are demon hunter, this fight is still a headache

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Eonar is not hard to solo on normal and heroic (I do it already) but I have no idea how she'd be nerfed to be soloable on Mythic without completely destroying the encounter. Coven needs to lose their proximity buff to be soloable. Not sure if Aggramar can be solo'd or if he punts you off the stage with his knockback when solo. G'huun will definitely need some changes to be soloable
    Pause the mobs outside, while you do the ship?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nurmat View Post
    You just need to learn the fight, like with Spine.

Aggramar can't be soloed yet, no. If you can dps him fast you can skip his first knockback, but the second will get you and without anyone to share it with you will be knocked out. The only class where I could do it for now was on the BM hunter with the pet tanking the knockback away. I suppose with even more level difference and damage he will die fast enough probably

Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    Aggramar can't be soloed yet, no. If you can dps him fast you can skip his first knockback, but the second will get you and without anyone to share it with you will be knocked out. The only class where I could do it for now was on the BM hunter with the pet tanking the knockback away. I suppose with even more level difference and damage he will die fast enough probably
    Isn't it soloed then when you did it as BM hunter?

10+ Year Old Account
    Uldir:

Mythrax may be impossible for casters (depending on how the game decides if you are the tank or not) because of orbs spawning.
    Ghuun will be a pain / possibly impossible on higher difficulties because of orbs.

BoD:

Rastakhan might need to be tweaked with regards to totems and death phase. (If totems get cast when solo, or if he despawns when either him or Bwonsamdi aren't tanked during death phase)

Stormwall Blockade, depends entirely on how fast you can kill those two minibosses before he gets fully charged. Plus sirens: if they still happen when solo you'll have to be fast or you're dead.

Jaina will likely be impossible for most classes on Mythic without a change to Gathering Blizzard / Freezing Blood since you need people near you to stop being frozen.

TEP:

Shouldn't have many problems really until Queen's Court because of them taking 99% reduced damage when stacked.

Others will likely just depend on your individual survivability rather than boss abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Razorgore and Galakras are IMHO still also so annoying...I don't even go there
    Razorgore has been super easy for ages. There was a bug for a while where you couldn't control or it would instantly despawn him and kill you but that got fixed a while back.

Razorgore has been like this for a very long time:
    Kill pack at orb, click orb. Run around the room with razorgore and just cast the egg ability (it's instant cast these days even)
    It's possible that having a pet out causes problems, so pet classes should dismiss them, but Razorgore hasn't truly been unsoloable (outside of the aformentioned bugs) since before WotLK.

Galakras is still annoying though, I agree with that.
    Last edited by Lollis; 2020-03-12 at 08:14 AM.
    Speciation Is Gradual

i still dont unterstand the 11 level requirement for legacy content. so in blizzards mind antorus is still current content as i discovered yesterday trying to get past imonar and his unavoidable sleep canister

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Eonar is not hard to solo on normal and heroic (I do it already) but I have no idea how she'd be nerfed to be soloable on Mythic without completely destroying the encounter. Coven needs to lose their proximity buff to be soloable. Not sure if Aggramar can be solo'd or if he punts you off the stage with his knockback when solo. G'huun will definitely need some changes to be soloable

As unholy dk, I send my goul to attack the coven sister that is switched second, while taunting the other one from a far. Once the proximity buff is gone - nuke youe coven sister and done.

For aggramar, let goul tank, use army and gargoyle. You can contribute some occassional disease but NEVER catch aggro. When boss at 20% - nuke him from behind. If goul about to die - I heal it with gift of the naru (dreanei racial)

Both on heroic, hasn't tried soloing mythic yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dewd View Post
    i still dont unterstand the 11 level requirement for legacy content. so in blizzards mind antorus is still current content as i discovered yesterday trying to get past imonar and his unavoidable sleep canister
    Same, as unholy, I pop hero + army+ gargoyle, plus everything to nuke boss befor going to sleep. Pets should push boss to phase 2 and it's cake from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Turboblaat View Post
    Isn't it soloed then when you did it as BM hunter?
    Was also at most LFR or Normal difficulty

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Curious though: What nerf was done to Spine of Deathwing. I still loath that to hell. Razorgore and Galakras are IMHO still also so annoying...I don't even go there
    Increased the roll timer from like 5 seconds to 10....its slightly less annoying

Quote Originally Posted by Nurmat View Post
    I main a warrior so the leaps help a lot, with damage output as it is now it’s not that much of a headache. Besides, don’t all classes have a type of “speed enhancement in their talents?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Legion raids - basically anything that has a damage reduction/damage boost if they are close together. off the top of my head that includes Odyn from Trial of Valor, Hounds & Coven. Mythic Eonar needs a mechanic nerf but then it might just be easier to get a friend, run it 4 times then kill Imonar for skip quest. Aggramar will probably need to be dialed down a bit (or a lot) the stacking dot from the fire elementals can hurt still. Desolate Host solo might also be interesting considering you can't be in 2 realms at once

BfA raids - I don't think there are any damage reduction bosses, maybe the Queens Court in EP and Cabal in Crucible? mechanically lots will have to change - G'huun, Opulence, Rastakhan, Blockade, Skitra, Xanesh and N'Zoth to name a few

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post

BfA raids - I don't think there are any damage reduction bosses, maybe the Queens Court in EP and Cabal in Crucible? mechanically lots will have to change - G'huun, Opulence, Rastakhan, Blockade, Skitra, Xanesh and N'Zoth to name a few
    in shadowland gear you probably gonna kill xanesh before first footbal appers. xanesh is gonna be luck i guess and I think you can solo ghuun at least heroic/normal encounter dont restart if you take adds to the sides so at least with solo orb class you get one orb with the adds anoyin you, kill evrythin wait for second orb and then kill ghuun without the second beam

I just hope everything gets dropped to TBC-Cata difficulty and not MoP-WoD difficulty, that's all I ask.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Otrew View Post
    in shadowland gear you probably gonna kill xanesh before first footbal appers. xanesh is gonna be luck i guess and I think you can solo ghuun at least heroic/normal encounter dont restart if you take adds to the sides so at least with solo orb class you get one orb with the adds anoyin you, kill evrythin wait for second orb and then kill ghuun without the second beam
    BFA raids should be the same difficulty as Vanilla raids at 60, so it should all be doable.
    Last edited by DechCJC; 2020-03-22 at 09:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    Aggramar is completely soloable by a BM hunter and I assume warlock. Pet is immune to pretty much every attack Aggramar throws at you.