Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Well...I was gonna bring that up in a possible follow up post, so thanks for the opportunity.

Diablo 2 shifted 5 million copies. I was on forums back then, enjoying the game, making friends, posting our stories and stuff. Then LoD as an x-pac came out. Big excitement..and I continued to have fun.

Only years later did I check the box sales. And apparently LOD sold only 1 million boxes. Yet nobody fussed over it. If that would happen today - the forums would burn with "OMFG Blizzard fails and is so dead"..after all this is like a 75% drop?

Yet..here we are...all these years later. Diablo 2 is fondly remembered, Diablo 3 sold 20 million copies and people like you tell me how shit it is. And yeah..the game didn't grab me like Diablo 2 did....I still had fun, but I also play WoW, so there is not much room in my life for more than 1 game.

Thing is..at the end of the day (and this is not personal) I don't know who you are and why I should trust your opinion of "Thats a shit game". I liked it. Other ppl liked it. Liked it enough that there will be a D4. Going stone cold and without any attachment to anything into this: For the company, whoever designed the game to sell 20 million boxes deserves his pay and some extra.

...and that is how this shit works. At the end of the day, neither you or me have any clue what ppl want. I hate some of the top grossing movies and I like some. Just shows that there are enough ppl out there willing to shell out money for something that appeals to them, even if you or I hate it.
    People also love to say the game is dead. It's not dead, it's on life support but not dead. It still gets decent development (for free) and the seasons are still fun and bring people back in for a bit. It has quite a bit of youtube content created for it as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    didn't they literally just got a new COO last year when they fired 10% of staff with a big fat bonus paycheck? what the f8ck happened?
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    didn't they literally just got a new COO last year when they fired 10% of staff with a big fat bonus paycheck? what the f8ck happened?
    CFO, that was the CFO

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Actually, their mobile isn't doing so hot, King is on the downtrend as is hearthstone from blizzard. CoD mobile is the only one doing well and that was eclipsed by CoD:MW

- - - Updated - - -

Kings profit margins are the lowest at actiblizz
    Really? Because just a few weeks ago there were a lot articles like this one :
    https://www.gamespot.com/articles/mo.../1100-6473487/
    that sound quite different.

Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    Really? Because just a few weeks ago there were a lot articles like this one :
    https://www.gamespot.com/articles/mo.../1100-6473487/
    that sound quite different.
    CoD mobile must be doing pretty good then in the past 2.5 months, because their 2019 financials don't point to that. King only made like 197 mil in profit, Blizzard pulled in 260m but they mention a decline in Hearthstone and Activision comes in at 696 mil with emphasis on MW, though mobile is mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    Because this has nothing to do with games. That's why there isn't anything in here. If you really think this has effect on what Blizzard as a studio does than I would suggest you to take break from gaming and go outside of your basement for once in your life.
    Lol im a basement dweller because I find it interesting who steers the ship. Ok internet guy! 10 points for retarddor
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

Quote Originally Posted by Nynax View Post
    Certainly why I stopped, and stopped early. $25 two to three times a year, to keep up with expansions...for a game I mostly played on mobile when bored. Yeah, no.

indeed :P and more to get packs to keep up.

Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    indeed :P and more to get packs to keep up.
    I kinda got annoyed they started locking my favorite part (the solo adventures) behind paywalls again. Like look... I ain't paying the price of a new game every year for a mobile card game, don't you make enough damn money of f card packs?