Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Posted this in the actual thread, but might also be worth posting here, too....

Brazilian Official Who Met With Trump Tests Positive
    is.... is trump a carrier?
    corona don?

Quote Originally Posted by starlord View Post
    anecdote, but a lot of the people who supported trump that i know soured on him pretty quickly. it was more of a "what the hell try something new" approach. those people will sit out or vote dem (hopefully).
    the hardest of hardcore were always going to vote (R) even if trump was an orange on a stick with a wig on.
    I've seen similar things, but the vast majority of people that I know that supported Trump then, still support him now.

The number of people that I have heard flipping on him is still not enough to give me hope that he'll absolutely get voted out.

The fact that we know it's going to be a battle to get him out, that there are still enough people fighting to keep him there to make it a real possibility that he could win again, is sickening to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    He has a competent CDC. Redfield and Fauci, I posted on each, they're both highly qualified. Pence ran out and grabbed everyone left like they were the last bottles of Purell on the shelves of Wal-Mart.

He has competent people. He's just contradicting them.

- - - Updated - - -

Isn't Ireland nearly on lockdown? Why would Trump stand next to him?
    Fauci and Redfield are already doing the same thing that every competent person who tries to work with Trump does - they try to work around him and not hurt his fee-fees and make him look bad. They're trying to serve the public, but not putting their immediate boss in difficult spots. So they say some questionable things. They compromise a little. To serve the greater good as they see it.

However we know by now, it never works out. No servant can serve two masters, and if you work for Trump, you are his servant first and foremost. They too will join the legion of Everything Trump Touches Dies victims, because eventually their compromises and comments will undermine them and their credibility. And they will attempt to reassert their independence. And that is when Trump will dispose of them, one way or another. Honorable men amidst a team of sycophants won't be able to blend in indefinitely.

Basically I thank god I live in Massachusetts. A functional state with a competent government. People living in many of the Red States are basically fucked. The Federal Government will not be coming to their rescue this time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by starlord View Post
    is.... is trump a carrier?
    corona don?
    Wouldn't it just be fitting if he croaked from it and we couldn't have a National Funeral in DC because of Coronavirus spreading concerns? If they just put him in a Hurst and dumped in in a hole in the ground somewhere with just his family members in attendance?

I'd call that some goddamn ironic punishment, and an appropriate end to a shambolic, illegitimate Presidency.

But alas, I truly hope he lives a long and healthy life so he can be brought to justice in the court of law for his many, many crimes. I despise the man, but the process must be what destroys him. That's the American Way.

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    oh my god, imagine if that was obama that did that tweet, how much republican and fox news head would be spinning
    You don't have to imagine it.

Just remember the shitstorm Chris Christie had gotten just for shaking Obama's hand after hurricane Sandy relief efforts.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

So...

Is there like a nice compilation of the complete and utter fucking shitshow since last night? I'm catching up on bits and pieces but there's just so bloody much it's difficult to find everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    I think the Democratic turnout this year and in 2018 is the seeds of something much larger. I think we will all have our revenge.
    I couldn’t help but to picture your old avatar when reading this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fauci and Redfield are already doing the same thing that every competent person who tries to work with Trump does - they try to work around him and not hurt his fee-fees and make him look bad. They're trying to serve the public, but not putting their immediate boss in difficult spots. So they say some questionable things. They compromise a little. To serve the greater good as they see it.
    Redfield got called up in front of the camera to say "Trump is the best bestiest best" on live TV.

Fauci has mostly gone to the House and Senate and said things like "for fuck's sake, people, wash your hands".

Guess which I respect more.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Is there like a nice compilation of the complete and utter fucking shitshow since last night? I'm catching up on bits and pieces but there's just so bloody much it's difficult to find everything.
    Just...look, just click on my profile, find my posts, and go back 12 hours. I gave up on summary posts a while ago when there was too much to summarize.

After the Trump administration went on the attack against NPR a few months ago because they truthfully reported Secretary of Idiocy's meltdown, they've been doing everything they can to keep conservatives from screaming "LIBERAL CUCK RADIO." So it was funny to hear today how hard they are having to work to cast Trump's coronavirus actions in anything but a negative light.

To paraphrase, "The market is starting to move past its reaction to Trump's speech. Some were concerned by the inaccuracies in his statement... especially since these were prepared remarks on a teleprompter..." You can hear them struggling not just to yell "HE LIED. TRUMP LIED. HE SAID STUPID THINGS AND IT FUCKED SHIT UP."

Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    I couldn’t help but to picture your old avatar when reading this.
    It's totally still my Discord avatar.

I, like most people am a conflicted and complicated person. Extremely rational but occasionally highly emotional (hell I couldn't stop crying when my brother's kid was born... kind of embarrassing really). Very patient and understand but periodically extremely vindictive. I'm very WASP anglo-saxon (per my education) in my disposition but the Colombian/Italian blood in me can run very hot.

When it comes to all things Trump, I'm very much of the "destroy their ship, then wipe out their escape pods one by one" mode. We're so far past forgiveness. There is only punishment left for the Trumphadis. Only punishment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    "especially since these were prepared remarks on a teleprompter"
    I'm starting to wonder if I'm in the wrong profession. I called that shit out, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    After the Trump administration went on the attack against NPR a few months ago because they truthfully reported Secretary of Idiocy's meltdown, they've been doing everything they can to keep conservatives from screaming "LIBERAL CUCK RADIO." So it was funny to hear today how hard they are having to work to cast Trump's coronavirus actions in anything but a negative light.

To paraphrase, "The market is starting to move past its reaction to Trump's speech. Some were concerned by the inaccuracies in his statement... especially since these were prepared remarks on a teleprompter..." You can hear them struggling not just to yell "HE LIED. TRUMP LIED. HE SAID STUPID THINGS AND IT FUCKED SHIT UP."
    I tried to use the word "cuck" in once in my life, like three or four years ago, and almost threw up in my mouth when I actually said it.

It's such a crude, low class, undignified word. I felt like gutter trash saying it just once. I know I'm better than that. I felt like I was descending to some Stygian abyss of ignorance. It's amazing people use it regularly and seriously.

I tried to use the word "cuck" in once in my life, like three or four years ago, and almost threw up in my mouth when I actually said it.

It's such a crude, low class, undignified word. I felt like gutter trash saying it just once. I know I'm better than that. I felt like I was descending to some Stygian abyss of ignorance. It's amazing people use it regularly and seriously.
    its nice way of filtering out people who shouldn't be taken seriously.

However we know by now, it never works out. No servant can serve two masters, and if you work for Trump, you are his servant first and foremost. They too will join the legion of Everything Trump Touches Dies victims, because eventually their compromises and comments will undermine them and their credibility. And they will attempt to reassert their independence. And that is when Trump will dispose of them, one way or another. Honorable men amidst a team of sycophants won't be able to blend in indefinitely.

Basically I thank god I live in Massachusetts. A functional state with a competent government. People living in many of the Red States are basically fucked. The Federal Government will not be coming to their rescue this time.
    Reason #40061 not to have this idiot as President. Well this might be rule #1, who knows.

When you are afraid of a President who will give you serious backlash for now reason and thus work in fear of him then this is not a competent administration. Yes, you and others on this forum know this but it seems not enough people have the common sense that this is not who should be leading our country.

After the first day when this idiot was elected I kept repeating; "I cant believe they elected this moron". I was so right, but I can't even gloat about at this time.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

So wait...

Trump, reading from a prepared speech, wasn't clear that the travel ban was only for non-US citizens/permanent residents and didn't make it clear that it didn't include a ban on goods from the EU?

And he said that he'd gotten health insurance companies to cover ALL coronavirus costs when in reality they agreed to waive copayments for tests?

And he didn't seem to bother informing EU nations of this move or the travel industry?

Man, the stock market tanking is pretty much literally his fault. It'd be down due to the virus regardless, but the extreme dips seem much more directly related to the complete lack of leadership and the markets lack of confidence in Trump's ability to be an effective leader.

Glad that Trump and Senate Republicans are taking the Four Stage Strategy to dealing with this crisis -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    So...

Yeah, caught up on it on YouTube.

Did you see his swollen right eye? I mean his whole face is swollen, but I could barely see his pupil on the right and left was slightly better. Plus that orange!! Such a beautiful color on a person.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Posted this in the actual thread, but might also be worth posting here, too....

Brazilian Official Who Met With Trump Tests Positive
    Is there any news that Trump has been tested yet? This is at least the 2nd person he has been in contact with that has tested positive or met with someone that met with other people that tested positive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Plus that orange!! Such a beautiful color on a person.

I'm sure it was the light bulbs #eyeroll #sarcasm #carrrierdon

Trump is already talking about the Olympics and other measures.

The president indicated to reporters that using an emergency declaration under the Stafford Act was under consideration, but would not say definitively whether he would sign it on Thursday.

"We have things that I can do. We have very strong emergency powers under the Stafford Act," he said during an Oval Office meeting with the Irish prime minister "I have it memorized practically as
    Yeah I'm calling bullshit on that one.

to the powers in that act, and if I need to do something I’ll do it. I have the right to do a lot of things that people don't even know about."

Asked if he planned to declare a national emergency on Thursday, Trump deflected.

"I don’t want to say that, but you know, at some point."
    1300 cases, 37 deaths.

10+ Year Old Account
    The DOW is currently going crazy.

Gained about +1500 in 15 minutes or so. Now to see if it tumbles again...

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils