View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    For heaven's sake, this is not a zombie apocalypse.

The virus will continue to spread through North America and there is absolutely nothing Trump or anyone else can do about it. All that this arrogant, unilateral action will achieve is to worsen further the economic cost of the crisis.

I'm not sure what remainers have to do with it on account of the fact that the government are all leavers. Actually, credit to them, they are taking a damn sight more sensible approach than others and giving experts a prominent platform, accepting that the virus will progress through the population and that the goal should be to delay it’s progress rather than give false hope that it can be halted.

Even after all these years, there are still times when I'm genuinely not sure if you are a troll or not.
    Remainers like Theresa May in collusion with the EU kept us in far too long along with a minority of others, against the will of the people dreaming of some glorious EU superstate. If we had Brexited a couple of years ago as the people democratically instructed, our borders would be far more robust than they are as of today. We could more easily have mirrored what Trump did yesterday for the US. Even now the EU infected can waltz through the Channel Tunnel with minimal intervention risking the health of British people. It should be closed with immediate effect for uncertified free of Corona EU people.

Alternatively the EU could have had some common sense a few weeks back to slow the spread and addressed the issue of containment by suspending Schengen. Too much to expect they have their citizens best interests at heart though isn't it?

Still it is nice to see the US treating the UK as an independent nation, now we have left, not suffering the flight restrictions caused by the EU stupidity that will be its downfall.

Even the blindest of blind remainers should see that.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Remainers like Theresa May in collusion with the EU kept us in far too long along with a minority of others, against the will of the people dreaming of some glorious EU superstate. If we had Brexited a couple of years ago as the people democratically instructed, our borders would be far more robust than they are as of today. We could more easily have mirrored what Trump did yesterday for the US. Even now the EU infected can waltz through the Channel Tunnel with minimal intervention risking the health of British people. It should be closed with immediate effect for uncertified free of Corona EU people.

Alternatively the EU could have had some common sense a few weeks back to slow the spread and addressed the issue of containment by suspending Schengen. Too much to expect they have their citizens best interests at heart though isn't it?

Still it is nice to see the US treating the UK as an independent nation, now we have left, not suffering the flight restrictions caused by the EU stupidity that will be its downfall.

Many memberstates have reintroduced border controls during the refugee crisis to curb human trafficking, several member states have introduced border controls because of coronavirus. What makes you think suspending schengen would make it easier or harder? The UK is not part of schengen and handles the coronavirus as poorly as anybody else.
    What is your point?

Quote Originally Posted by Demolitia View Post
    Many memberstates have reintroduced border controls during the refugee crisis to curb human trafficking, several member states have introduced border controls because of coronavirus. What makes you think suspending schengen would make it easier or harder? The UK is not part of schengen and handles the coronavirus as poorly as anybody else.
    What is your point?
    You can't expect Dribbles to know that countries can already re-instate border control whenever they want for emergencies, like a viral epidemic. /s

He has to blame the EU. Despite constantly insisting that the UK has already left.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account

Yeah, the border control between China, South Korea, Japan, and the EU really stopped the spread, didn't it?

Next week's negotiation's meetings have been postponed due to COVID-19.

https://twitter.com/BBCVickiYoung/st...971206/photo/1

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Yeah, the border control between China, South Korea, Japan, and the EU really stopped the spread, didn't it?
    Had the eu shut down borders (if it even could), he would have blamed it for cancelling his disneyland holiday

Had the eu shut down borders (if it even could), he would have blamed it for cancelling his disneyland holiday
    He's just trying to find nails on low water by now. His insults to the EU are extremely childish and pathetic and serve no purpose other then to bait and troll us into responding to his cries of attention. I still read his replies, and still sometimes react to them when they require moderation (NO! not moderation as in what mods do, but moderation as in showing he misunderstands his lovely sources - I could ignore it, but as Slant or Nymrod said ages ago if we let him get away with his lies/misinformation, he might get what he wants). Mostly however I treat them as something as bad amusement. I'm not 100% sure if he's british at all, mostly I think he's just a trollbaiter, I mean, everytime he links an article, in his favor, he fails to read it properly, go deeper into said articles and it isnt white or black, but greyish. I think he on purpose links this kind of conciet, and misinformation.

To our mods, I'm sorry. If you feel this should be a minor infraction, go ahead, I accept such consenquences, but know this: I strongly feel like this is how Dribbles operates/thinks . However I have no hard feelings towards you guys if you do infract me.
    Last edited by Fuiking; 2020-03-12 at 08:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuiking View Post
    He's just trying to find nails on low water by now. His insults to the EU are extremely childish and pathetic and serve no purpose other then to bait and troll us into responding to his cries of attention. I still read his replies, and still sometimes react to them when they require moderation (NO! not moderation as in what mods do, but moderation as in showing he misunderstands his lovely sources - I could ignore it, but as Slant or Nymrod said ages ago if we let him get away with his lies/misinformation, he might get what he wants). Mostly however I treat them as something as bad amusement. I'm not 100% sure if he's british at all, mostly I think he's just a trollbaiter, I mean, everytime he links an article, in his favor, he fails to read it properly, go deeper into said articles and it isnt white or black, but greyish. I think he on purpose links this kind of conciet, and misinformation.

To our mods, I'm sorry. If you feel this should be a minor infraction, go ahead, I accept such consenquences, but know this: I strongly feel like this is how Dribbles operates/thinks . However I have no hard feelings towards you guys if you do infract me.
    I don't think you need to apologize. I know what dribbles is, and I respond to him only with the same intent as Slant, Nymrod and you.
    The problem is not him misreading his sources. He just quotes "newspapers" who misquote and cherry pick stuff out of context every fucking time. And he picks them for this very reason, and then spins them some more. It's despicable.
    I have no doubt he is trolling, but there are people out there who take whatever they read at face value, and his kind deserve strong rebuking, if not solid shit thrown at them. Next time you apologize to the mods for calling his despicable shit out I'll crush your proverbial balls between two not so proverbial bricks.

I don't think you need to apologize. I know what dribbles is, and I respond to him only with the same intent as Slant, Nymrod and you.
    The problem is not him misreading his sources. He just quotes "newspapers" who misquote and cherry pick stuff out of context every fucking time. And he picks them for this very reason, and then spins them some more. It's despicable.
    I have no doubt he is trolling, but there are people out there who take whatever they read at face value, and his kind deserve strong rebuking, if not solid shit thrown at them. Next time you apologize to the mods for calling his despicable shit out I'll crush your proverbial balls between two not so proverbial bricks.
    yessir! *loves his balls too much to lose them to two bricks* .. *makes mental note not to apologize to mods for calling out Dribbs misinformation and lies*

yessir! *loves his balls too much to lose them to two bricks* .. *makes mental note not to apologize to mods for calling out Dribbs misinformation and lies*
    Or next time please add /s after your apology The mods have their shortcomings but we can still call him out freely, as long as it's in a civilized manner. Until Trump's re-election we're off the hook

whats the /s thing btw? Im old and dont know everything.

a mark for sarcasm

essentially a lot of people can't read sarcasm in written form (because it's hard to write unless super obvious) so you put /s at the end to show it is sarcasm. Only issue is that it takes the sting out of the sarcasm

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    essentially a lot of people can't read sarcasm in written form (because it's hard to write unless super obvious) so you put /s at the end to show it is sarcasm. Only issue is that it takes the sting out of the sarcasm
    /s is for people who cannot do tongue in cheek

Well done to Trump for suspending all flights from the EU today for a month and keeping Americans safe from the infected.

We in the UK should already have done the same, and would have if not for remainers keeping us in the godforsaken organisation, days ago. Hopefully my Easter trip to Florida and Disney World is still on.
    This aged well, you will have to stay at home with your 12536 toilet rolls and blame the EU for ruining your holiday.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gtempest View Post
    This aged well, you will have to stay at home with your 12536 toilet rolls and blame the EU for ruining your holiday.
    Nope another failure by the EU they couldn't even ruin my holiday with their infection, Disneyworld Florida plans to re-open on April 1st - the day I arrive. And the British owned airline is allowing a change of date/destination if Disney decide to extend the closure.

The EU really are useless aren't they? Mickey Mouse organisation that can't control their borders to reduce spread of infection and can't ruin my holidays.

EUseless.
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-03-14 at 12:39 PM. Reason: Minor Trolling
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Nope another failure by the EU they couldn't even ruin my holiday with their infection, Disneyworld Florida plans to re-open on April 1st - the day I arrive. And the British owned airline is allowing a change of date/destination if Disney decide to extend the closure.

The EU really are useless aren't they? Mickey Mouse organisation that can't control their borders to reduce spread of infection and can't ruin my holidays.

EUseless.
    I assure you that you are FAR to insignificant for the EU to notice much less bothering to ruin your holiday.

Well done to Trump for suspending all flights from the EU today for a month and keeping Americans safe from the infected.

We in the UK should already have done the same, and would have if not for remainers keeping us in the godforsaken organisation, days ago. Hopefully my Easter trip to Florida and Disney World is still on.
    Donald Trump has announced he will ban flights from the UK in the latest efforts to stop the spread of coronavirus. The US president said the UK exemption had been made on the recommendation of 'a group of professionals' - but the rising number of British cases could result in a volte-face. 'We are looking at it based on the new numbers that are coming out - and we may have to include them in the list of countries that we will, you could say ban or whatever it is, during this period of time,' Mr Trump told reporters. He said Britain's 'numbers have gone up fairly precipitously over the last 24 hours'.

Hahahahahaha….ha.
    The irony between your post and this fresh news article is 100% pure gold xD

But I bet you will still blame the EU for Trump banning your UK flights, I guess you hate the EU so much that in your blind rage you cannot comprehend that Corona could have easily gotten to your country without it being a EU or Schengen or whatever EU based issue.

Like a Chinese/whatever nationality person with Corona symptoms getting off a flight from outside the EU right onto British soil ? Must be the EU their fault for letting that plane land in the UK amarite ? xD
    Last edited by FluFF; 2020-03-13 at 09:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    The only reason that really became a thing is because the world has become so bizarr, sarcasm is the new normal state of mind.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by FluFF View Post
    Donald Trump has announced he will ban flights from the UK in the latest efforts to stop the spread of coronavirus. The US president said the UK exemption had been made on the recommendation of 'a group of professionals' - but the rising number of British cases could result in a volte-face. 'We are looking at it based on the new numbers that are coming out - and we may have to include them in the list of countries that we will, you could say ban or whatever it is, during this period of time,' Mr Trump told reporters. He said Britain's 'numbers have gone up fairly precipitously over the last 24 hours'.

Hahahahahaha….ha.
    The irony between your post and this fresh news article is 100% pure gold xD

But I bet you will still blame the EU for Trump banning your UK flights, I guess you hate the EU so much that in your blind rage you cannot comprehend that Corona could have easily gotten to your country without it being a EU or Schengen or whatever EU based issue.

Like a Chinese/whatever nationality person with Corona symptoms getting off a flight from outside the EU right onto British soil ? Must be the EU their fault for letting that plane land in the UK amarite ? xD
    Trump hasn't announced the US will ban UK flights at all. He announced that the UK may be included in the travel ban - I mean it even says this in the text you've highlighted in bold.
    Last edited by Pann; 2020-03-13 at 09:52 PM.