Poll: I prefer being

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry Lemon View Post
    that's normal weight for my height...
    It is a little underweight according to this chart put out by the US government for a male. Of course a person's build structure makes a difference also.

Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2020-03-11 at 01:52 PM.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

10+ Year Old Account
    I would like to be in the middle. Fit but not a scrawny wimp or a lumpy musclehead. Just enough to look good shirtless on a beach.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry Lemon View Post
    i can't even look muscular... i'm 190 cm and weigh 78 kg...
    Yes you can, simply need to know how, put in a whole lot of effort, change up how you live, what you eat and prepare to feel uncomfortable pushing yourself on each exercise.

Great source of info is https://www.youtube.com/user/JDCav24/featured

OP: Prefer muscular and working towards that, rather look 40 when i am 50 than 60. However i do find too lean unhealthy i find if you have a fat percentage of 20-25% you are more than fine.

And as for choice in women, i think like most men i don't like too skinny, too muscular or too fat, don't mind chubby women at all prefer that over skinny even.

10+ Year Old Account
    How about a third option for "healthy"?

Could you make the question/poll more vague please?

I've noticed over my time here there are an awful lot of people on here who claim to be tall and muscular... and yet most of the people I saw buying wow and TBC (back when we bought games at stores) plus the majority at Blizzcon are not tall muscular people....

Anyway, if as a man I'd rather be muscular than thin. Women imo look good with some muscle tone but not huge. I'm above average shape but certainly not muscular, I just dont have the discipline.

7+ Year Old Account
    As far as my body goes, I don't really care. Not going to go out of my way for the sake of people I most likely won't want to be around any longer than it takes me to finish. Healthy is good enough. I will say, however, that in spite of current trends, excessive muscle tone is inherently masculine and looks horrible on women.

Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    How is this even a question for guys... Unless you're a marathon runner or something like that big muscles are better.
    Not all women prefer big muscles and not all men are straight.

Quote Originally Posted by smityx View Post
    Your forget it's <CURRENT YEAR>. Male emasculation is a thing being pushed right now.
    Not everyone's into jacked cavemen. Some people have taste and practice hygiene.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    As far as my body goes, I don't really care. Not going to go out of my way for the sake of people I most likely won't want to be around any longer than it takes me to finish. Healthy is good enough. I will say, however, that in spite of current trends, excessive muscle tone is inherently masculine and looks horrible on women.

Not all women prefer big muscles and not all men are straight.

Not everyone's into jacked cavemen. Some people have taste and practice hygiene.
    I guess then all men who are not trying to look like a gender fluid anime male, kpop boy band stars or James Charles don't practice hygiene.
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-03-13 at 12:23 AM. Reason: Minor Trolling

I know all men who are not trying to look like a gender fluid anime male, kpop boy band star or James Charles don't practice hygiene.
    Wait, only hairless manlets are allowed to practice hygiene? Guess I'll stop all my hygiene then :P

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    It is a little underweight according to this chart put out by the US government for a male. Of course a person's build structure makes a difference also.

I've seen that chart before and I dont understand who made it. Too light for men too heavy for women. 5'11" 164lb is a string bean. In the army I was 5'11" 189 and we had a guy who was 5'11" 220 could do the run and was very strong, 100 score on pushups and situps.

5+ Year Old Account
    Let please not get into gender derail over muscles.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

7+ Year Old Account
    I guess then all men who are not trying to look like a gender fluid anime male, kpop boy band stars or James Charles don't practice hygiene.
    I simply met your idiotic non-argument with one of my own.

I'm around 'high' for my height, but I still got some pretty good ab definition. Finding tops that fit right though =/

7+ Year Old Account
    Slim or muscular is all well and good, but I target waist to shoulder ratio more when going for my own goals.
    I'm and on and off gym goer, but I work outside every day, grew up on a farm and was active in track and field until my mid 20's.
    I was much more skinny and defined when I was an active runner, but now being in my mid thirties, my body wants to gain more of the good stuff.

People can underestimate strength on someone simply because he does not look like a meatball of muscles.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    I've seen that chart before and I dont understand who made it. Too light for men too heavy for women. 5'11" 164lb is a string bean. In the army I was 5'11" 189 and we had a guy who was 5'11" 220 could do the run and was very strong, 100 score on pushups and situps.
    Yeah. It is a base standard and does not apply to everyone. Like I also posted with my reply, it depends on the person's build type. But 5' 11" at 164 is not a string bean in all cases. lol! Once again, depends on the person's bone structure. The chart comes from the U.S. government health agency.

If you are a male and your chest is bigger than your waist, you are in decent shape generally. Of course that also depends on if your blood pressure, blood tests, lung, liver and kidney functions, etc. are all good.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    I'm around 'high' for my height, but I still got some pretty good ab definition. Finding tops that fit right though =/
    Yep. When I was working out a lot with weights, I was high also according to that chart. It is not a fits all one.

Thought this was interesting....."According to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the average male in the U.S. is 5 foot, 9 inches tall and weighs 196 pounds. However, research also shows that many Americans are overweight."

Good grief! If I weighed that much, I would be fat. No other way to say it. When I exercised a lot, I also ate like a pig and peaked out at 174 lbs.
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2020-03-13 at 12:53 PM.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Yep. When I was working out a lot with weights, I was high also according to that chart. It is not a fits all one.
    BMI is notoriously bad for analyzing people with a lot of muscle. It's just a general guideline as you say. Any gym-fit bro will be way outside of "healthy" bmi. That's why I prefer body fat %.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    However i do find too lean unhealthy i find if you have a fat percentage of 20-25% you are more than fine.
    Do you mean for women? For men those body fats result in people looking pretty doughy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Do you mean for women? For men those body fats result in people looking pretty doughy.
    I find 20% to be okay and realistic, i know the desired one is 15%. Take note i said fine looking what 20% is really, you still look lean enough for someone who does not dedicate their life to sports.

Yes for women it looks better due to where they store their fat.

For more info on those percentages, here's the full webpage link: https://athleanx.com/articles/body-f...hats-your-goal
    Last edited by Acidbaron; 2020-03-13 at 07:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a very stereotypical rugby player, wide boy, frame so I benefit from being muscular otherwise I just get fat, the problem with me is I struggle with my weight anyway and have to keep my fitness up because I let go pretty fast

I have never been thin or skinny like I always wanted to, I look at some guys and think wish I looked that good, instead I am stuck with what I got lol.
    Last edited by Orby; 2020-03-14 at 04:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I work out...I like being strong.