Page 1 of 21
... LastLast

Account-wide rank 3 Essences are happening!

https://www.wowhead.com/news=311625/...-wide-essences

Rejoice! They heard the feedback and actually made it happen in good time.

Edit: Haha, what a shocker. Mostly negativity from the usual suspects.
    Oh well, don't utilize the update then. For those of us still wanting to play, this is pretty sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Alternate take: try appreciating the fact that they listen to us.
    Why do that when they can just let their mind-authorities tell them what REALLY went down...?
    Seriously. If they don't listen, it's bad. If they do listen, it's bad anyway and they didn't really listen to feedback so "don't accept teh mediocrity!!"...

Utterly hopeless. At least they're happy on other forums.

From official channel: "Building on a great deal of feedback and discussion, we’re working on an update to the game."
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2020-03-13 at 12:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    When are they going to learn that this kind of thing needs to be implemented as soon as the feature launches?

First Legiondaries and now this. These systems leave a bitter taste when they could have been loved from start to finish.
    Woóds
    <Angered>
    Draenor EU
    Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    Now we just need to know how many Echoes of Ny’alotha we'll need to farm to buy one essence...

Hopefully it costs like 3-4 weeks of currency

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EllipsisW View Post
    When are they going to learn that this kind of thing needs to be implemented as soon as the feature launches?

First Legiondaries and now this. These systems leave a bitter taste when they could have been loved from start to finish.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=311625/...-wide-essences

Rejoice! They heard the feedback and actually made it happen in good time.
    I'm surprised, this seemed like one of the things they were sticking to their guns on. Good on them.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately it's not that straight forward. They've just added a grind for a new currency which is required to purchase each of the individual essences on an individual Alt which means it's more like Account Wide Vendor access. Granted we don't know cost or drop rate yet but it's amazing how much Blizzard doesn't want to concede to people's requests for Account Wide Essences and stubbornly trying to make it their "win" by still forcing a grind.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    Unfortunately it's not that straight forward. They've just added a grind for a new currency which is required to purchase each of the individual essences on an individual Alt which means it's more like Account Wide Vendor access. Granted we don't know cost or drop rate yet but it's amazing how much Blizzard doesn't want to concede to people's requests for Account Wide Essences and stubbornly trying to make it their "win" by still forcing a grind.
    you're gonna have to play your alt actively to get the currency
    which is no different than actually getting the rep in the first place
    love it.

This should be good news but blizzard has let me down so many times before... will wait till its live but a flicker of hope is ignited.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    you're gonna have to play your alt actively to get the currency
    which is no different than actually getting the rep in the first place
    love it.
    Beats getting strife the other way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Like when they listened to the mountains of feedback given to them during alphas and betas about how garbage their systems were going to turn out.

They don't listen. They placate.
    Woóds
    <Angered>
    Draenor EU
    Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Karl View Post
    This should be good news but blizzard has let me down so many times before... will wait till its live but a flicker of hope is ignited.

- - - Updated - - -

Beats getting strife the other way.
    kinda, sorta, but generally? not really.

You only had to pvp 1 week and just conquest cap through world content to get it. Got r3 c&s and r3 ripple at the same time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't played since early february and this is the exact type of thing that'll make me want to play again. What sucks is an I'm altaholic and it was unappealing to play alts knowing my dps is gimped due to lack of essences.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    They aren't listening. They are offering a shitty fix which in reality is just an alternate grinding path. Stop accepting this mediocrity.

But to be fair, even a full on free of charge account shared essence system wouldn't bring me back at this point, it's about a year too late to implement that.

They have to make sure to improve everything for Shadowlands at this point. BFA's appeal is gone, well and over a long time ago. Last chance.

Like when they listened to the mountains of feedback given to them during alphas and betas about how garbage their systems were going to turn out.

They don't listen. They placate.
    not everything you think is good is actually good

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    I haven't played since early february and this is the exact type of thing that'll make me want to play again. What sucks is an I'm altaholic and it was unappealing to play alts knowing my dps is gimped due to lack of essences.
    you'll still have to play your alts lol
    you have to do current content to get the currency

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Denso View Post
    They aren't listening. They are offering a shitty fix which in reality is just an alternate grinding path. Stop accepting this mediocrity.

But to be fair, even a full on free of charge account shared essence system wouldn't bring me back at this point, it's about a year too late to implement that.

They have to make sure to improve everything for Shadowlands at this point. BFA's appeal is gone, well and over a long time ago. Last chance.
    play the game if you want nice things

5+ Year Old Account
    I hope every clown that swore up and down that 'you need to put in the work on your alts!!' takes their L with grace.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

kinda, sorta, but generally? not really.

You only had to pvp 1 week and just conquest cap through world content to get it. Got r3 c&s and r3 ripple at the same time.
    To get rank three takes 3 weeks min if you are above I think 2100 rating... 4 if not.

not everything you think is good is actually good
    Apparently it is good, as it's getting implemented.

Let us not pretend it's because they listen, as opposed to it being because that now, after several time of the feature being active and consumed by a good portion of the playerbase, it's time to stretch it out a bit further by squeezing those who were waiting to focus on alts.

We are truly blessed for having a benevolent company like Blizzard looking after us.

10+ Year Old Account

Learn? You stated your own opinion here - are you somehow trying to argue that what you wrote is "correct", and not merely your opinion - thus Blizzard has to "learn" from that?

Interesting. Because it's just your opinion, after all. And I disagree with it.
    Hi

Ah yes, not even an hour after the announcement and the waves of revisionism have already begun.

"GREAT CHNG BLIZZ BUT Y U NO DO IT ALRDY HUH Y U NVR LISTEN HUHHHHHH?!???!!??/"

This community fucking sucks. It's an improvement. Please. Just leave it at that.

please please please please don't make me farm a whole week for 1 essence
    pleeeeeease

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Apparently it is good, as it's getting implemented.

Let us not pretend it's because they listen, as opposed to it being because that now, after several time of the feature being active and consumed by a good portion of the playerbase, it's time to stretch it out a bit further by squeezing those who were waiting to focus on alts.

We are truly blessed for having a benevolent company like Blizzard looking after us.
    No, what they do and I'm 100% sure you haven't noticed it because you're a forum complainer, is that they bottleneck.
    At the start of a patch, rerolling is harder, and it is intentional.
    They *always* relax requirements and nerf content as a patch goes on for a period of time. Granted I was hoping they stuck to their guns, making you have to do content to get currency rather than have everything automatically attainable is a compromise I'll accept.