10+ Year Old Account
    Monkeys going apeshit in Lopburi, Thailand, because there aren't any tourists to feed them. Is this how they take over?!

Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    Sanders only just had a heart attack. He'd be in a bad way if he got the virus.

The Australian government just announced that from Monday it is recommending all mass gatherings of more than 500 people be avoided or cancelled, though this doesn't count things like schools, shops, transport, only events were large numbers of people are in close, sustained contact.
    I'm very surprised at this number. Beijing limited meetings to a few people. Also excluding places like malls, shops etc.
    Australia should knock off a 0 from that number..but that's just my thinking.

- - - Updated - - -

Cases in SK are slowing down. Amen to drive-through testing!
    Sadly, the US won't follow whatever SK is doing..
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    I'm very surprised at this number. Beijing limited meetings to a few people. Also excluding places like malls, shops etc.
    Australia should knock off a 0 from that number..but that's just my thinking.
    This is what Australia's Chief Medical Officer had to say;

"Generally speaking we are talking about a static gathering where people are together for a period of perhaps up to two hours — that's generally where you have a high risk of exposure," the chief medical officer said.

"Casual exposure walking through a translation or airport is much lower risk, so we're talking about those constant periods of contact.

"Five-hundred is [from] the epidemic models around the world, which have suggested that, with the state we are at and other countries are at, that is a reasonable number. There is some arbitrariness about it, but other countries have chosen that number, based on the best available scientific modelling."

My guess is that they know we are all pretty much going to get it at some point, so the aim is to slow down the rate of transmission to something the hospitals can cope with while at the same time not crashing the economy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayirasi View Post
    Monkeys going apeshit in Lopburi, Thailand, because there aren't any tourists to feed them. Is this how they take over?!

Planet of the Apes real life monkaS
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    This is what Australia's Chief Medical Officer had to say;

"Generally speaking we are talking about a static gathering where people are together for a period of perhaps up to two hours — that's generally where you have a high risk of exposure," the chief medical officer said.

"Casual exposure walking through a translation or airport is much lower risk, so we're talking about those constant periods of contact.

"Five-hundred is [from] the epidemic models around the world, which have suggested that, with the state we are at and other countries are at, that is a reasonable number. There is some arbitrariness about it, but other countries have chosen that number, based on the best available scientific modelling."

My guess is that they know we are all pretty much going to get it at some point, so the aim is to slow down the rate of transmission to something the hospitals can cope with while at the same time not crashing the economy.
    Ahh Ok.
    I would assume social gatherings etc would be MUCH smaller. China made it a law that you can't have gatherings more than a few people. My friend in Tokyo said bbq events etc are illegal for the time being. T.T

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Poe View Post
    While the world is stopping due to CV..monkeys, being unaffected, are making plans for world domination!!

Trump looked really ill in his address... Hmm...

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    Trump looked really ill in his address... Hmm...
    He has met with 2 people known to have it, and hasn't been tested, so, he very well could have it.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/03/12/a...hnk/index.html Dam!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    He has met with 2 people known to have it, and hasn't been tested, so, he very well could have it.
    I'm pretty sure he's been tested and the public won't be given the result yet. How can a leader of a country NOT be tested in this situation.
    Knowing Trump's body..the virus will be pushed out and not ever wanting to come back. :P
    Last edited by Muajin76; 2020-03-13 at 05:33 AM.

I just went past the Trader Joes to get my weekly groceries. The shelves were literally bare. All of the freezers (there was some ice cream left in the one section), all of the meat, there were a couple of half gallon milks, all of the dry goods (pasta, etc.), vegetables, and sauces (ragu type of things) were all gone. There was alcohol, some cereals, a few packets of chips, the ice cream, and spices left. That was it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

10+ Year Old Account
    Important warning! Excessive worrying about COVID-19 *may* cause erectile dysfunction. Worrying about COVID-19 damaging your testicles could add to the problem further. >.>

PSA from shadowmouse doing his part to fight the coming population explosion that we can predict will follow lots of bored people stuck at home.

@Muajin76 Just did the weekly grocery run. Things were pretty calm out here in the wilds. Brush up on your zoom and have at least a couple of classes laid out, looks like my younger students will be starting online classes as early as next week. In other news, some universities are not letting foreign students return to China for now ... they might be infected. /facepalm
    Last edited by shadowmouse; 2020-03-13 at 06:22 AM.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Is it possible to have CV with no cough ?

(Not talking about 14 day incubation period )
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmouse View Post
    Important warning! Excessive worrying about COVID-19 *may* cause erectile dysfunction. Worrying about COVID-19 damaging your testicles could add to the problem further. >.>

PSA from shadowmouse doing his part to fight the coming population explosion that we can predict will follow lots of bored people stuck at home.

@Muajin76 Just did the weekly grocery run. Things were pretty calm out here in the wilds. Brush up on your zoom and have at least a couple of classes laid out, looks like my younger students will be starting online classes as early as next week. In other news, some universities are not letting foreign students return to China for now ... they might be infected. /facepalm
    Things are calm all over Beijing in general, the strict rules are in effect though, which i don't mind.
    I got asked by family back home if China is experiencing panic buying. So glad that Beijing didn't have that. The only thing my director wants is this lesson book that was due last fall *around mid 60ish* and plan the first 3 weeks of lessons. Next week? dang. Mine started a few days after classes were supposed to resume right after CNY break.

- - - Updated - - -

It's been confirmed that you could have cv and not show symptoms. T.T

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmouse View Post

Tack this on to the list of possible symptoms of having the virus?:P
    Maybe this is why many are buying TP, as it makes a good cushion for testicles.
    Last edited by Muajin76; 2020-03-13 at 06:48 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    China is the only country currently helping Italy out with the Coronavirus while the EU and America did little to nothing.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/a...virus-outbreak
    China is to blame for the whole thing! They should foot the bill for the entire world!

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    China is to blame for the whole thing! They should foot the bill for the entire world!
    Good luck with that. Good way to push the drop in the economy to a fucking depression.

10+ Year Old Account

Good immune system, weak strain. Huffing mucinex.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    There is a saying "Never kick a gift horse in the mouth".

Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    On the other hand, you should definitely thank me if I punched you for no reason but paid your medical fees afterwards.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    or *never date someone when you're married or already have a gf*

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    https://edition.cnn.com/2020/03/12/a...hnk/index.html Dam!

I'm pretty sure he's been tested and the public won't be given the result yet. How can a leader of a country NOT be tested in this situation.
    Knowing Trump's body..the virus will be pushed out and not ever wanting to come back. :P
    He's spent all this time telling his supporters that it's nothing so coming out and saying he got tested would show weakness, the man is all about his image.