Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaade View Post
    ...extremely Monkey Paw style.
    I was about to make a Wishmaster analogy, but Monkey Paw works.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    seems like it, but we will have to see come tuesday.
    Wowhead says that it will eliminate us having to grind out ranks 1 and 2.

The confusion comes from the fact that you can't purchase rank 3 without already having learned 1 and 2. So we wouldnt know if it's usable without ranks 1 and 2.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Depends on how much the essences are. If it's a couple of runs per essence I honestly think it's fair enough. If it's like, 10 runs required then it's a bit much.

I don't have rank three of everything unlocked on my main

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    >People asked for account wide essences

>We heard you!!!

>Introduced another kind of currency and changed focus grind from 8.2+8.3 to just 8.3.

>People now clapping

Quote Originally Posted by Quaade View Post
    Right and wrong. They gave players what they asked for and they gave it in a way that no one asked for. That's the reason people complain. If it was just "you have r3 on one toon and now you have it on all toons," few people would complain.

It's nice that there's an alternative way to get an Essence on an alt, as some of them are behind grinds that are soul-crushingly numb, however, this way of giving people what they want is extremely Monkey Paw style.

"I want to stop smoking," *poof* "Wish granted, you now have no mouth to smoke with.* They got what they wanted though differently from what they intended.
    You don't seem to grasp the difference between asking for something and demanding something. When you ask, the answer might be no, or it might be yes but with some conditions as in this case. It is fine if people make suggestions and ask for changes with the game, it's the whole insulting the devs and having a hissy fit like bold children when they don't get exactly what they wanted aspect that people find distasteful.

Personally I really like this solution, I do the stuff I am doing on my alts anyway and eventually I'll have whatever essences I need. It lets me take that time I was spending farming essences and instead use it doing some M+ or raiding on arenas on that alt. Who knows, I might even finally work up the enthusiasm to finish grinding Blood of the Enemy rank 3 since now that effort is much more highly rewarded.

Also there is a reason why they don`t say the actual price to buy them. Now they gather feedback about this update and release price info later. I suspect more complaints Tue/Wed after reset.

Still, good update

Timing here is essential. Blizzard held off for too long. I'm still extremely unsatisfied with Blizzard on this matter. Its just too late.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    The PvP chest can contain Azerite.

Getting corruption is one thing - getting the RIGHT corruption is quite another. I got tons of corruption pieces. I just got 0 Infinite Stars and one rank 1 Twilight Devastation on an unusable piece.

I don't need RNG of that magnitude in my life.
    If you think that IS and TD are the only good corruptions, you probably shouldn't be doing content that needs essences.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    I don't care about appealing to you fanboys anymore.

I. hope. They. All. Lose. Their. Jobs. They are simply not capable of redemption.

- - - Updated - - -

Patch 8.2 comes out: No account wide essences, which people have been asking for since PTR.

Almost an entire year later: LOOK GUYS THEY LISTENED! WHY AREN'T YOU ENTITLED GAMERS EVER HAPPY GOSH?!

Holy shit imagine being in this bubble. Again, beyond redemption. I'm going all in on WoW team hate. They don't deserve the benefit of the doubt anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

If you can't I bet you will be right here defending it.

"Wow who cares that you have to get rank 1 and 2, they listened! YOU'RE ALL SO ENTITLED!!! WAHHH!"
    Its mind-boggling how people like you can care so little about the wellbeing of others, to the point that you blame them for shit they have no actual control over.

10+ Year Old Account
    Too late. Does not help, since people stopped months ago and are far behind with their cloak now if they resub.

10+ Year Old Account
    good i hate these dumb essences they suck

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    Blizzard these days... Cheesus. Its really time to carry that game and that hilarious company to the grave.

The worst thing at all of this topic (everything else is said 100 times in this thread) is that they even at this stage sound like they feel like the great daysaver: „We are so cool, we are so nice, we come to rescue: Essences are now Accountwide. Yeaaah, cheer us!“

And THEN they wonder when ppl are pissed and go like „omg, we can not do it right to this community. all cried for account wide essences. and now we bring em, and all go „buuuh“. horrible community“.

W T F ?

What did they expect when a million ppl tell them stuff for 1 year ? And then they bring that shit at the end of the fukin xpac and wonder why nobody cheers them for their great investment.

W T F

And all of this within the mindset of doing that calculated to make them more money. How stupid they think we are ? Is their data saying that every second WoW player is 12 years old, or what ? Jesus Christ. After 15 years of subbed playing this game without interruption, i will no longer feed any cent into this fucked money makin machine greed company for SL. Show me you are interested in your customers and make a great game without all that cash grab shit, i am instantly there. Do that same shit again and i will never come back. Fucked up greed. And a nice fuck to Bobby Kottick and every share holder of Activi$$ion Blizzgreed. May the death be with you.

Too little. Too late.
    And wayyyyy too stupid.

They deserve every negativity they get.
    This is an incredibly long post that highlights internal made up narrative to fuel the personal fire of hate towards a game a person no longer enjoys.
    We get it, if you’re not happy then quit. Leave valid criticism. Continue to play and hope it gets better. Just quit making shit up to feel good. Actually use valid complaints instead of this nonsensical drivel.

So they want your ALTS to have visited said circumstance that would start your grind to these essences to get the catchup mechanic.

Sounds about right. I have to talk to some dude to open world quests on every toon. I have to do a small run to get my neck piece to get it instantly to 35.

All things they've done before. They want people to visit the content, even if it's just for once on your alt.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopsnacker View Post
    You literally get the ressources from everything you can do in 8.3. You will get it from playng your alt.
    No matter how much it takes, it is far better than any daily grind.

This forum is the dumbest shitpile I have seen in a long long time.
    That's their issue though. They don't want to have to play the other character. They want everything to just be handed out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    So you're just lazy. Hardly Blizzard's problem is it - and it's far, far, far easier to gear up in BFA versus other expansions due to the sheer quantity of items you can get - so time to actually gear is less, making extraneous efforts less of a big deal. I know it's a pain having to actually play the game to progress but you know, that's video games for you
    Lazy... yeah sure. But you keep being you enjoying all the hoops Blizz puts in front of you to jump, but I ain't biting to inflate their fucking MUA.

Quote Originally Posted by Sulika View Post
    You don't seem to grasp the difference between asking for something and demanding something. When you ask, the answer might be no, or it might be yes but with some conditions as in this case. It is fine if people make suggestions and ask for changes with the game, it's the whole insulting the devs and having a hissy fit like bold children when they don't get exactly what they wanted aspect that people find distasteful.

Personally I really like this solution, I do the stuff I am doing on my alts anyway and eventually I'll have whatever essences I need. It lets me take that time I was spending farming essences and instead use it doing some M+ or raiding on arenas on that alt. Who knows, I might even finally work up the enthusiasm to finish grinding Blood of the Enemy rank 3 since now that effort is much more highly rewarded.
    Whether you demand or ask anything the answer can still be "no", so that analogy is flawed.

This is a case of people being unprecise in their wording and the designers interpretating the feedback as they themselves see fit. This is another grind on top of the numerous grinds that there already are in BfA.

Titan Residue grind
    Azerite grind
    Coalescing Visions grind
    Zin'anthid grind

When it was relevant:
    Mana-pearl grind
    Anchor Weed grind.

And now this. There are more grinds in BfA than there was in Vanilla and that's extreme since Vanilla was seen as a grind-fest.

Is this less of a grind than currently? Yes.
    Is this still a grind on top of the other grinds? Yes.

BfA needs fewer grinds instead of more or the same number of them. This system is far from what people needed instead it's what the devs thought that we wanted.

I have got a lot of alts as well and I've no desire to play them since there's so much work involved getting them even half-way decently geared. So now I'm down to one alt out of about 12, How is this desirable?

Quote Originally Posted by Miross View Post
    Come on dude you are smarter than that. you know that was not what we asked for, they just changed one grind for another

Account bound essences would be i unlock a rank 3 essence with my main and ALL my alts would automatically receive them as all
    stop acting like you don't know essences system is locked behind a quest chain. this isn't gear appearances we're talking about, or BOAs.

this is like saying, well since i unlocked world quests that all my other toons are good to go.... They are, but I still have to do one thing to unlock them on my alts. If I don't do that, it's not unlocked.

Account wide essenses sounded great at first, but until we have actual numbers on that dumb currency this is just another ridicoulous attempt to fix the game.

And people still think Shadowlands will do any better :P

Quote Originally Posted by javierdsv View Post
    Account wide essenses sounded great at first, but until we have actual numbers on that dumb currency this is just another ridicoulous attempt to fix the game.

And people still think Shadowlands will do any better :P
    This game does not need saveing your reaching here.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hehe, Sometimes I dont understand Blizzard at all to be honest.

They dont want to make account wide essences, yet they decide to make it account wide. They've got so much experience during all expansions.... and with all this delay I start to think they've got zero experience. every time. every time the same mistake. Eh.

Quote Originally Posted by EyeOculus View Post
    What the fuck am I even reading.

It's the vicious cycle of demanding players that never are happy.
    Blizzard gives the ability for twinks to have essences without weeks of different grinds. Which is a huge change and simplification of character progression!

And now many complain about how acquiring them.
    Are you joking, trolling or simply so damn entitled?
    Be grateful for one fucking thing blizzard delivers based on community response. The ever complaining type is the reason why blizzard makes rare changes like these.

God that attitude makes me sick.
    Because Blizzard is a “let’s complicate simple things” office.

Why a new currency? Go to vendor X, say “hello I’m an alt”, buy the essence you want (and can), gg.