Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Is that a bug? Damn. I think I have the same thing. I see the side quest, but I've done the combat shrine already too. It won't come off my list tho. I thought maybe it was that I had to talk to an NPC or something.

We'll see what happens when I start over on hard.
    I assume it is until further notice. Haven't Google though which I probably should.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Completed it 100% yesterday... or almost.

The most annoying bug however is that I can't do a 100% completion because one quest is bugged. There is one where you are supposed to investigate a rumour about a shrine. I found that shrine before I got the quest and did the combat thing and now I can't complete the quest. Even if I go there and beat it countless of times I will never succeed in investigating the area. Maybe I'm missing something but eh... Only bug that's gamebreaking for me atm because I wanted to 100% it.
    What's stopping me from 100%ing is this:

Done literally everything else in the game. Every zone is 100%, except that one... Google says it's supposed to reveal after you buy one of the other ones, but it didn't for me..

Also unrelated to that, but finished the speedrun and no corrupted water achievements:

Will probably use that savefile for the rest of the achievements that won't require a separate run (like no dying etc).
    Having gotten a bit more used to it, combat is pretty nice. Not looking forward to the wolf on hard though, that's going to be a bitch, just x spamming until he dies since I'm not sure how you'd stagger him

Geez, they really took a lot of inspiration from Hollow Knight. Well, I guess if you are gonna borrow ideas take from the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    I assume it is until further notice. Haven't Google though which I probably should.
    I just reached that point on hard difficulty. If you get the quest then go there, it removes from the log as completed. So I'm assuming it's some kind of bug if you go there first before getting the quest.

Annoying oversight for completion, but the game is good enough you'll want to play it on hard anyway, right? ;D

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    (like no dying etc).
    The fact that anyone has that one completed at all is ridiculous. I suspect save scumming was involved. I fail to believe there are people who have gained that level of mastery over the game so soon after release.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    Geez, they really took a lot of inspiration from Hollow Knight. Well, I guess if you are gonna borrow ideas take from the best.
    It makes me hope that Silksong will be even greater than both.

I just reached that point on hard difficulty. If you get the quest then go there, it removes from the log as completed. So I'm assuming it's some kind of bug if you go there first before getting the quest.

Annoying oversight for completion, but the game is good enough you'll want to play it on hard anyway, right? ;D
    Yah... just playing through doom 2016 100% nightmare in preparation for Eternal, then I do some Ori WotW Hard...hopefully.

(like no dying etc).
    So I did a little google searching. Turns out people are save-scumming to get this achievement done. Way to miss the point of the achievement, guys. Filthy cheaters ruining things for themselves just so they can brag about an achievement that means nothing because of the cheating.

10+ Year Old Account

How'd you beat the wolf on hard? Bit curious, because I just mashed X and died over and over again.

So I did a little google searching. Turns out people are save-scumming to get this achievement done. Way to miss the point of the achievement, guys. Filthy cheaters ruining things for themselves just so they can brag about an achievement that means nothing because of the cheating.
    I managed to get to the desert area without dying with no save scumming (Thanks sand worm)

If I'd known save scumming worked I'd have the no death achievement.

How'd you beat the wolf on hard? Bit curious, because I just mashed X and died over and over again.
    It's just a matter of timing. The wolf doesn't do anything fancy, just swipes with his claw, and bites. So you just back up and move in to hit once or twice. It's patience.

I managed to get to the desert area without dying with no save scumming (Thanks sand worm)

If I'd known save scumming worked I'd have the no death achievement.
    Would you want a no death achievement if you know you actually didn't get it legit, though?

7+ Year Old Account
    Well, to be honest, Hollow Knight in turn took a lot of inspiration from both Super Metroid and Symphony of the Night.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspark View Post
    Well, to be honest, Hollow Knight in turn took a lot of inspiration from both Super Metroid and Symphony of the Night.
    Well yeah but I'm talking more with game mechanics, such as buying maps from an npc in each area (though the ones in Ori are a lot more useful) as well as the shards being exactly like the Pins in Hollow Knight and things like an ability that lets you heal at the cost of energy. Even Combat is pretty similar although Ori is a lot more forgiving.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well yeah but I'm talking more with game mechanics, such as buying maps from an npc in each area (though the ones in Ori are a lot more useful) as well as the shards being exactly like the Pins in Hollow Knight and things like an ability that lets you heal at the cost of energy. Even Combat is pretty similar although Ori is a lot more forgiving.
    Healing at the cost of energy was in the first Ori too. Not saying there isn't inspiration from Hollow Knight (and it's a great game)...but all good Metroidvanias tend to take inspiration from each other, it's the nature of the genre. Ori 2 takes a lot of inspiration from Zelda too.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's just a matter of timing. The wolf doesn't do anything fancy, just swipes with his claw, and bites. So you just back up and move in to hit once or twice. It's patience.
    Ah okay.. Might give it another shot then

Would you want a no death achievement if you know you actually didn't get it legit, though?
    True.. Prolly not. Oh well. Just suuuuper frustrating getting so far in the run and then dying to an instakill mechanic

I just completed it! It's a masterpiece.

Highly recommend
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

I just wish it was longer, but I supposed I've just been spoiled by Hollow Knight. I keep expecting every game to offer up the same amount and quality of content which just isn't gonna happen.

I don't know what you've done, I haven't finished the game yet and I have that option available already. I've done a lot of exploring so maybe it's due to that, or maybe some sidequest? But you've completed the game already so I'm unsure.

Personally, I love the game, but there are certainly some bugs and mechanics I'm not exactly a fan of.

Bugs: in several cases, I've managed to walljump into walls and gotten stuck. This was before I knew that you can port out from whereever. I also had a bug where after getting Bash, my game didn't crash, but I had a black screen everywhere. Even going to main screen, the black remained. Restarting the game fixed that.

Mechanics: not rly a fan of grapple and the burrow mechanics. While in water the sprint ability is fine and navigation is better too, it's horribly clumsy and clunky in sand. Sometimes, it doesn't register possible locations to burrow into either, which is annoying when the platforming bits are designed around that.

However, I am a massive fan of the boss fights. I'm playing on Normal, so perhaps that's why they're a bit easier for me, but I've enjoyed all of them. I just kinda wish the regeneration ability did not exist - it made so many boss fights too easy. In general, I've found the regeneration ability to be easy, or the damage output of mobs is too low?

I've watched a few gameplay vids of Blind Forest to refresh my memory a bit, and there each mob did a lot of damage. In Will of the Wisps, after getting several orbs, the damage seems almost unnoticeable.

Oh well - those are mostly minor complaints for me, the game itself is breathtaking and I LOVE how alive the game feels. Personally, give me a Moki plush right the fuck now, I don't care about Ori or Naru or whoever, give me Moki!!

Quote Originally Posted by Illusions View Post
    I don't know what you've done, I haven't finished the game yet and I have that option available already. I've done a lot of exploring so maybe it's due to that, or maybe some sidequest? But you've completed the game already so I'm unsure.

Personally, I love the game, but there are certainly some bugs and mechanics I'm not exactly a fan of.

Bugs: in several cases, I've managed to walljump into walls and gotten stuck. This was before I knew that you can port out from whereever. I also had a bug where after getting Bash, my game didn't crash, but I had a black screen everywhere. Even going to main screen, the black remained. Restarting the game fixed that.

Mechanics: not rly a fan of grapple and the burrow mechanics. While in water the sprint ability is fine and navigation is better too, it's horribly clumsy and clunky in sand. Sometimes, it doesn't register possible locations to burrow into either, which is annoying when the platforming bits are designed around that.

However, I am a massive fan of the boss fights. I'm playing on Normal, so perhaps that's why they're a bit easier for me, but I've enjoyed all of them. I just kinda wish the regeneration ability did not exist - it made so many boss fights too easy. In general, I've found the regeneration ability to be easy, or the damage output of mobs is too low?

I've watched a few gameplay vids of Blind Forest to refresh my memory a bit, and there each mob did a lot of damage. In Will of the Wisps, after getting several orbs, the damage seems almost unnoticeable.

Oh well - those are mostly minor complaints for me, the game itself is breathtaking and I LOVE how alive the game feels. Personally, give me a Moki plush right the fuck now, I don't care about Ori or Naru or whoever, give me Moki!!
    Play on hard. Use Bounty and Reckless. Mobs will hurt when they hit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Illusions View Post
    Yeah exactly.. I've done literally everything else in the game and it still didn't pop up. super frustrating bug

10+ Year Old Account

Done literally everything else in the game. Every zone is 100%, except that one... Google says it's supposed to reveal after you buy one of the other ones, but it didn't for me..

Also unrelated to that, but finished the speedrun and no corrupted water achievements:

Will probably use that savefile for the rest of the achievements that won't require a separate run (like no dying etc).
    Having gotten a bit more used to it, combat is pretty nice. Not looking forward to the wolf on hard though, that's going to be a bitch, just x spamming until he dies since I'm not sure how you'd stagger him
    You gotta talk to one of the moki that tells you they want more decoration in town.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

I just wish it was longer, but I supposed I've just been spoiled by Hollow Knight. I keep expecting every game to offer up the same amount and quality of content which just isn't gonna happen.
    Hollow Knight were kickstarted and they had goals for making more areas afaik... so it's not really spoiled when people payed for it to be as big as it was, even then Ori is big for 30 bucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    You gotta talk to one of the moki that tells you they want more decoration in town.
    Yeah, I talked to all the Moki in town. And out of town. Nothing.