Page 1 of 33
... LastLast

Why are so many Alliance factions open to the Horde?

So what's the deal with making factions that were originally Alliance affiliated neutral? It's honestly insulting to Alliance players that iconic alliance factions are now open to the Horde. Examples of these factions include:

- The Kirin Tor. I know that they've always had strong ties with Silvermoon but it was originally a human kingdom. And we all know how the Horde betrayed them back in MoP.

- Argent Dawn (now Argent Crusade).

- Knights of the Silver Hand. Originally a human organisation of Paladins, now Paladins of every race are allowed in (including Blood Elves and Tauren).

- Cenarion Circle and Cenarion Expedition. I know this is technically a Night Elf organisation, but anyway. This one makes the least sense of them all. Not even Night Elf women were allowed in when it was first founded. Now every idiot that can grow a pumpkin gets a membership. It makes even less sense after the War of Thorns. Malfurion is the leader of the CC, why hasn't he kicked out all the Tauren and Trolls yet?

- The Wardens. Led by quite possible the most xenophobic Night Elf out there, yet they have no trouble working together with the Horde. Eventually bites them in the ass when Nathanos kills Sira and raises her as a forsaken.

Because Blizzard made it so.

Because outside from faction conflict expansions the Horde is utterly irrelevant for the story and Blizzard can't even be bothered to use or create proper factions for them.

That is why i have to constantly follow fucking Brann Bronzebeard from the Explorers League around with my Horde characters, instead of following Highwatcher Tae'thelan Bloodwatcher from the Reliquary. Or why i have to follow Khadgar through WoD as a Horde character, instead of some Horde mage/warlock/shaman whatever doing his job. As, again, Blizzard can't even be arsed to build up a proper Horde mage like Rommath for example.

Because the people of azeroth are not as Short sighted as you are, They can see the bigger picture and understand that Working together makes us stronger against the common enemy or goal.

You should have "Before the storm" a read, They explain plenty about the Netherlight temple and why priests of all races are allowed and accepted there.

The Ren'dorei too technically. They are an Alliance faction that accepts Horde members (see the Blood Elf scholars in Telogrus Rift).
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Because the people of azeroth are not as Short sighted as you are, They can see the bigger picture and understand that Working together makes us stronger against the common enemy or goal.

You should have "Before the storm" a read, They explain plenty about the Netherlight temple and why priests of all races are allowed and accepted there.
    Yeah I'm sure the Cenarion Circle and Kirin Tor are glad they accepted members of the Horde into their ranks. Especially after they were both betrayed by the Horde.

I also never mentioned Netherlight Temple, because I know that it's not an Alliance organisation.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonrage View Post
    So what's the deal with making factions that were originally Alliance affiliated neutral? It's honestly insulting to Alliance players that iconic alliance factions are now open to the Horde. Examples of these factions include:
    Not all of them were "Alliance affiliated".

- The Kirin Tor. I know that they've always had strong ties with Silvermoon but it was originally a human kingdom. And we all know how the Horde betrayed them back in MoP.
    Because the current leader (Khadgar) sympathizes with the Horde.

- Argent Dawn (now Argent Crusade).
    Just because it was founded by humans, it doesn't mean it's an Alliance faction. The Argent Dawn/Crusade's goal is to protect Azeroth, not to serve the Alliance.

- Cenarion Circle and Cenarion Expedition. I know this is technically a Night Elf organisation, but anyway. This one makes the least sense of them all. Not even Night Elf women were allowed in when it was first founded. Now every idiot that can grow a pumpkin gets a membership. It makes even less sense after the War of Thorns. Malfurion is the leader of the CC, why hasn't he kicked out all the Tauren and Trolls yet?
    The Cenarion Circle was never an Alliance faction. Female night elves and taurens as druid was more of a gameplay concession. The 'female' thing was because, from a gameplay standpoint, made no sense to restrict players from making male NE warriors and female NE druids. The 'tauren' thing was so the Alliance did not end up with two exclusive classes, together with paladin.

- The Wardens. Led by quite possible the most xenophobic Night Elf out there, yet they have no trouble working together with the Horde. Eventually bites them in the ass when Nathanos kills Sira and raises her as a forsaken.
    I think it was already pretty well-established, back in Legion, that that the Wardens will work with anyone, as long as it aligns with their goal. They even released the Demon Hunters, their "sworn enemy".

Yeah I'm sure the Cenarion Circle and Kirin Tor are glad they accepted members of the Horde into their ranks. Especially after they were both betrayed by the Horde.

I also never mentioned Netherlight Temple, because I know that it's not an Alliance organisation.
    Why i mentioned Netherlight temple, was because they know how to see past race, and see that you are your "Class" first and your race second.

There is a huge difference between "accepting members of a faction" and "condoning/aligning yourself" with said faction. The Cenarion Circle was never "betrayed" since I don't recall any horde race druid "betraying" the Cenarion Circle.

I do recall, though, a night elf druid betraying the Cenarion Circle: Fandral Staghelm

Blizzard is too lazy to design two mirrored factions for both Alliance and Horde. Also, half the horde hates the horde themes - mostly blood elf players who just pretend to be edgy zugzugz - remember the hate horde WoD garrison got? So it's easier to stuff everyone into Alliance buildings because they are not mudhuts. In turns this leads to Alliance lore and stuff from the original WarCraft strategy games being ruined and also to the fact that those factions will never have a horde character in their leadership and horde players can enjoy fetching things for a human, nelf, dwarf or draenei in neutral-themed expansions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinhart11 View Post
    Because outside from faction conflict expansions the Horde is utterly irrelevant for the story and Blizzard can't even be bothered to use or create proper factions for them.

That is why i have to constantly follow fucking Brann Bronzebeard from the Explorers League around with my Horde characters, instead of following Highwatcher Tae'thelan Bloodwatcher from the Reliquary. Or why i have to follow Khadgar through WoD as a Horde character, instead of some Horde mage/warlock/shaman whatever doing his job. As, again, Blizzard can't even be arsed to build up a proper Horde mage like Rommath for example.
    exactly for that reason
    because 'horde biased' blizz who turns our warchief as loot piniata doesn't give a single f8ck about making a horde character lead outside of Thrall, who probably only exist as leftover of wc3 and they 'fixed' that by turning him to a total wimp of a person after he was the amazing gladiator who freed the orcs
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

5+ Year Old Account
    Because if a capable warrior wants to help your cause and is a good enough person to dedicate themselves to it, why say no based on race?
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Just because it was founded by humans, it doesn't mean it's an Alliance faction. The Argent Dawn/Crusade's goal is to protect Azeroth, not to serve the Alliance.
    They completely failed to do anything against Sylvanas in Cataclysm when she was raising people everywhere with val'kyr and replaguing the cleansing Plaguelands. Will be even better in SL where she'll inevitably be presented as the biggest threat to Azeroth ever!!! like Iron Horde. Argents were always a joke.

Not all of them were "Alliance affiliated".

Because the current leader (Khadgar) sympathizes with the Horde.
    Then he is a fool. Especially because the Horde has already betrayed the Kirin Tor in the past. Him and Modera are two utter idiots.

I mean... being founded by humans kind of implies that it's an Alliance faction?

The Cenarion Circle was never an Alliance faction. Female night elves and taurens as druid was more of a gameplay concession. The 'female' thing was because, from a gameplay standpoint, made no sense to restrict players from making male NE warriors and female NE druids. The 'tauren' thing was so the Alliance did not end up with two exclusive classes, together with paladin.
    I know it was a Night Elf faction, I even pointed it out in the original post. To me it just makes no sense as to why they allowed Tauren and Trolls in. It makes even less sense that neither of those races were kicked out after the War of Thorns. My point just was that it took them 10 000 years to allow women in, yet they suddenly have no problem allowing other races in, even horde races.

I think it was already pretty well-established, back in Legion, that that the Wardens will work with anyone, as long as it aligns with their goal. They even released the Demon Hunters, their "sworn enemy".
    Fair enough I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why does the Alliance instantly forgive the atrocities the Horde caused while blindly following their murderous leader? Because the Devs...

There is a huge difference between "accepting members of a faction" and "condoning/aligning yourself" with said faction. The Cenarion Circle was never "betrayed" since I don't recall any horde race druid "betraying" the Cenarion Circle.

I do recall, though, a night elf druid betraying the Cenarion Circle: Fandral Staghelm
    The Horde raided the homeland of the Night Elves and Malfurion himself was nearly killed by a Horde general. That should be enough for him to kick out every Tauren and Troll druid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    Why does the Alliance instantly forgive the atrocities the Horde caused while blindly following their murderous leader? Because the Devs...
    This irks me even more tbh.

I mean... being founded by humans kind of implies that it's an Alliance faction?
    Argents are more like traitors to Lordaeron and by extension to the Alliance. They were a mistake.

Blizz is just too lazy to create proper horde counterparts and then write the story for both of them. It is just easier to to shove all players into a single narrative.

5+ Year Old Account
    I would say a few things:
    1. Not all of them are necessarily Alliance factions, but are biased to defend their homelands.
    2. Several were founded or were developed with both Horde and Alliance races, so it doesn't make sense to be exclusive.
    3. The Wardens don't care about factions. They will kill whoever they have to to secure their target.
    4. The Cenarion Circle and Kirin Tor were no more betrayed by the Horde than they were by the Alliance when NEs or humans went rogue.

This is a lot of generalizations built off of an already not true statement. It's less about being lazy and more about being true to what they were supposed to be. Legion is a good example of this. Faction bias is what made them weaker.
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-03-14 at 03:47 PM.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Then he is a fool. Especially because the Horde has already betrayed the Kirin Tor in the past. Him and Modera are two utter idiots.
    Khadgar is not a fool. He knows people in the Horde and know not all Horde are "evil maniacs". Also, notice how he removed the Kirin Tor from the conflict completely, in BfA, instead of just being a "neutral zone".

No, it doesn't.

I know it was a Night Elf faction, I even pointed it out in the original post. To me it just makes no sense as to why they allowed Tauren and Trolls in. It makes even less sense that neither of those races were kicked out after the War of Thorns. My point just was that it took them 10 000 years to allow women in, yet they suddenly have no problem allowing other races in, even horde races.
    Women weren't allowed "ten thousand years later". I'm pretty sure that's a retcon, not a "recent development". The acceptance of the Tauren into the Cenarion Circle are also another retcon and not something recent. And why should the Cenarion Circle kick out Horde races? That'd be like saying my company should fire all (for example) Chinese people from their employee list, because the Chinese government did something bad, regardless if the chinese employees agree or not with their country's government's decisions.
    Last edited by Ielenia; 2020-03-14 at 03:50 PM.