Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    OP's line of "I doubt it will stop anyone from complaining or using it as the reason why x was late/bad/rushed, but there ya go. " is mostly an opinion, but likely a fact.

So what is your point?
    My point is simply that our community here will not let anything as insignificant as coronavirus get in the way of criticizing Blizzard.

Are you saying it was unnecessary editorializing? Perhaps. I violated the rules of journalism.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

5+ Year Old Account
    I won't be the one to complain if development is slowed down due to this. I'm glad for the workers
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Meanwhile in another thread: "I don't think Corona will affect Blizzard, no way"...
    Pretty clear it was going to, I'd be surprised if they don't end up having to release Shadowlands on the very last day of their stated timeframe. Alpha coming out in March feels dead too, but they could surprise us.

Quote Originally Posted by Rinnegan2 View Post
    I wonder how much this will postpone Shadowlands. I'm guessing mid december release instead of august/september
    Well, on the Blizzcon post on here I believe it says "Before Dec. 31 2020" so technically it can only be postponed if it comes in 2021

I know some of your countries (not addressing you Rinnegan) have laws in place that require companies to deliver on their promises but are there exceptions to this? If say something like a pandemic happens?
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

10+ Year Old Account
    The one thing that I can think of that might be some sort of actual problem is that I've heard a lot of the Blizzard coders etc. share apartments to reduce rents. Maybe that's a benefit, maybe not. As for myself when I'm working remote I tend to have a lot of stuff around--papers, notes, books, etc.-- that spreads out. I can see how that might be difficult in a living space that might be a bit close to begin with.

Generally, I'm much more productive at home than in an office though. So there's that.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

it's not like it'll drop the quality any, considering the state of bfa.

Working at home is cool but not in a long run. I've had a work at home for like a year and regret it deeply. Not meeting other people for a long time can be bad for you.

Right now I can work at home but also have office. Usually 2/5 per week im at home and 3/5 i work from office.

Ah, I guess it's good PR to let your workers work from home now.

Get your daily dose of panic everybody. Make sure to buy more toilet paper while you're at it.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I wonder if this will affect their games in some way.
    It can, as it will be harder to communicate problems when everyone isnt in the same building/room. Worst case though it just delays things, as communication is slowed down a bit.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    In before Felplague and Det..

I mean you were in before det.
    but you were behind me by like... 7 and a half hours.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by taishar68 View Post
    My point is simply that our community here will not let anything as insignificant as coronavirus get in the way of criticizing Blizzard.

Are you saying it was unnecessary editorializing? Perhaps. I violated the rules of journalism.
    already seen epople try to push that they are only doing this so that blizz can use it as an excuse for why shadowlands is horrid "They are getting themselves an alibi"
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Sithalos View Post

Get your daily dose of panic everybody. Make sure to buy more toilet paper while you're at it.
    I literally have a stack of toilet paper right next to my PC.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Meanwhile in another thread: "I don't think Corona will affect Blizzard, no way"...
    Pretty clear it was going to, I'd be surprised if they don't end up having to release Shadowlands on the very last day of their stated timeframe. Alpha coming out in March feels dead too, but they could surprise us.
    Working from home instead of the office will have minimal, if any impact on game release.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sithalos View Post
    Ah, I guess it's good PR to let your workers work from home now.

Pure ignorance. Do you even have any idea why they are having people work at home? It is to help stop spread of the virus. It's this "social distancing" that has allowed other countries to contain the virus already. Please educate yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    I won't be the one to complain if development is slowed down due to this. I'm glad for the workers
    Yes of course, their health comes first.

Social distancing isn't about containing the virus. That is impossible. It's about flattening the curve, spreading out when people get infected, so we don't overload hospital resources. For example, your local hospital might have 30 ventilator machines. If you're patient #31, you my friend are out of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Working from home instead of the office will have minimal, if any impact on game release.

Lol, allow me to doubt that.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Lol, allow me to doubt that.
    You can doubt it all you want. But it will have minimal impact at this point.

Is even Bobby Kotick heartless enough to lay people off in the middle of a pandemic? Lets watch...

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Is even Bobby Kotick heartless enough to lay people off in the middle of a pandemic? Lets watch...
    Happens freely with flight companies, he is definitely more than capable of doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Yes. But operations should still be able to go on as usual. Coders can code from home no problem, testers can test no problem, and designers can join video conferences to simulate being in the same room for discussions. Blizz isn't the only company with deadlines, everyone in anything tech-related is in the same boat and we're still managing to be productive.

Nobody is as productive at home, there's just nothing to be done about it.

Hopefully they don't lay people off in the middle of this ongoing catastrophe. But I agree, if anyone's gonna do it, Bobby K's your boi.