Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zillbert View Post
    Regarding your M+ point, the dungeons in Legion were 100x better.
    Dungeons in legion were boring meatgrinder. I cannot comprehend why would anyone think legion dungeons were even remotely close to being good, not to mention being better than BfA ones lol.

no gcd changes and classes were more fun.

Last time I truly had fun was back in WoD.

To me Legion and BFA are exactly the same: BAD. But...since I have nothing to play in the long run, I always have to return to WoW after a week or two, when I'm done with the rare single player game that's actually good.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    Since Wrath every single current expansion has been the worst thing ever created in the history of Blizzard. As soon as said expansion is no longer current, it becomes super amazing and some of the best game play players have ever seen.
    Nice strawman, but I don't think you'll find a lot of folks defending e.g. WoD, even today. If anything, BfA being compared with it gives you a measure of what those people think about this xpac.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Why the fuck is wings on the GCD?
    Because MUH STRETUGIK THOGHTZ or something Btw, I agree with the rest of your post as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Both are garbage... WoD is garbage and i rank it above those two. Mists and BC was the best expac in terms of endgame. Wrath is best theme. vanilla best in general. and cata just floats in the void.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Nice strawman, but I don't think you'll find a lot of folks defending e.g. WoD, even today. If anything, BfA being compared with it gives you a measure of what those people think about this xpac.

- - - Updated - - -

Because MUH STRETUGIK THOGHTZ or something Btw, I agree with the rest of your post as well.
    WoD is trash... but i rank it higher then BfA and legion. i have my reasons. but just because its better then the other two doesnt make it a good expac. lol

Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    To me, BfA is almost exactly the same as Legion.

It's the same focus on world quests. One daily quest with bigger reward etc.

It's the same focus on M+. The same key system, and endless scaling of dungeons in a "modern" GOGOGO AoE fashion.

It's the same Raiding system. 4 difficulties. LFR, Normal, Heroic and Mythic.

It's the same questing system.

It's the same AP grind.

It's the same Titanforging system.

It's actually a bit BETTER system than the "no gear should matter in PvP", "100% random garbage ilvl PvP gear" PvP system we had in Legion.

To me, it seems like the only reason people liked Legion was because of the transmogs on your cool weapons. And people seem salty that BfA don't have Class sets (another transmog argument). Is it really this easy to make you enjoy an expansion? Cool transmogs = good expansion?
    Legion had a lot of new features (artifacts, artifact power progression, world quests, pvp honor system revamp, a lot of spec reworks that were cool, Mythic +, mage tower, classes felt fresh fun and powerful, class halls, legendaries, etc.) BFA didnt have any new features that people will look back and be like yes that system was good, at least in my opinion. Also the systems that they took from legion were marginally worse in BFA with exception of maybe M+ which added seasonal affixes to spice things up. Also to me personally the theme and vibe of legion and its zones were more appealing to me than those of BFA and of corse classes felt much better across the board.

15+ Year Old Account
    Speaking for myself, the content in Legion was just better, and there was more of it, or at least it felt that way.

Plus in Legion it felt like everything we were doing was to beat the Legion. Even in areas with innocuous quests, they usually had us facing things that were directly affected by the Legion’s invasion. Right when you jump into Aszuna you’re thrown into it. And where that wasn’t the case (Stormheim), the story was good and worth doing. There was also a natural path to mini quest hubs, like the pirates in Stormheim, that added some flavor to the game. You’re at max? Ok here’s an entire city full of quests.

I can’t say if BfA has the same quantity of content overall, maybe it does, but it felt better and more rewarding to do Legion’s content.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chromeshellking View Post
    And chars could all research your AK with catch ups and didnt punish you for playing more than one char.
    I remember "being punished for playing more than one char" actually being a reason for people quitting from 7.0 to 7.1.5.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mightytasty View Post
    Legion didn’t have essences
    Essences aren't the issue. It's having to farm them on every character that is the issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Corruption though might have worked if we didn't have the rng on rng on rng on rng system we do in BFA: Azerite gear level/rarity/stats/wahetever> bonuses for that gear in the form of slots > essences having lots of proc checks > now you need to get gear that has good azerite slots and good corruption and good stats for your spec and a good item level and go with your build and all other things, which really lowers your chances of actually getting an upgrade. As is, I don't like the system. Vendors would be nice.

- - - Updated - - -

I also don't like that a former minor glyph has been turned into a fucking talent in BFA.

- - - Updated - - -

While I didn't mind Void Elf/LFD farming in the prepatch, farming for exalted in areas that have flying is a pain especially because There's few people in several zones where it's more efficient to group up, making it harder to do so.

Both were shit.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by kyo wolfsfang View Post
    Both are garbage... WoD is garbage and i rank it above those two. Mists and BC was the best expac in terms of endgame. Wrath is best theme. vanilla best in general. and cata just floats in the void.

- - - Updated - - -

WoD is trash... but i rank it higher then BfA and legion. i have my reasons. but just because its better then the other two doesnt make it a good expac. lol
    Even with BFA's poor storytelling and overall focus on RNG, it's still better than the lack of content that was WOD. Only slightly better, but still.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Dungeons in legion were boring meatgrinder. I cannot comprehend why would anyone think legion dungeons were even remotely close to being good, not to mention being better than BfA ones lol.
    I'd rather slog through TOV a thousand times than any BFA dungeon.

Because they were actually visually interesting and they weren't 99% trash pulls.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    Even with BFA's poor storytelling and overall focus on RNG, it's still better than the lack of content that was WOD. Only slightly better, but still.

- - - Updated - - -

Legion had more rng in legiondaries than BfA features combined. Story was mediocre as well.

As for dungeons I'd rather drag my butt thru a mile of broken glass than do any of legion dungeons, BfA is miles ahead.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zillbert View Post
    Because they were actually visually interesting and they weren't 99% trash pulls.
    They weren't visually interesting at all, the only one that stood out was court of stars, rest were mediocre. And because of lack of any mechanics on trash they were boring meatgrinders.

The story was terrible. The Faction conflict is terrible and needs to end as it makes the rest of the story garbage as they have to work it around the conflict. The Alliance got a better city but everything else was worse like the 300 horses. The Horde capital should have just been on the docks its annoying as hell to fly back and forth and it would be completely retarded for a king to let a bunch of people he was recently at war with sleep and set up portals next to his treasury and the only two access points to him.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Because if you compare them, then Legion was good and BFA wasn't as good.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I had fun in wod untill 6.2 where i quit for the first time ever in wow.... BFA i lasted 1 month. came back for the patches and left after a few days. legion i was all over cause nothing kept my attention ingame. i stayed for RP with my friends. i found legion to be one of the worse expacs with horrible story and character development. BFA is.. EH with character development. but alot is trash... WoD is irrelevant with story lmao.

but i kinda feel bad cause WoD had so much potential that was wasted. legion i was just uninterested in cause i dont give a fuck about the legion story line at all. and they completely retconed and fucked up the demon hunter lore after ive been rping one since Wrath so all of my character development i had to friggen headcannon shit to get around the retcons. BFA had an interesting start... i am not considering this the "south seas" expac because its just not.. you look at every south seas expac speculation video. this is nothing what we asked for.. as for "horde vs alliance" theme. up untill the bullshit 8.2 -8.3 stuff, it was... ok. story wise.. with a few things that make me rage like how a fucking few rogues demolish the strongest navy. etc.. BUt the biggest kicker, is that all of the HvA content.. was PVE!!! we needed pvp warfronts.. world based PVP events or wintergrasps (not tol barad or ashran fuck those zones) ... we got none of that.

Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    To me, BfA is almost exactly the same as Legion.

It's the same focus on world quests. One daily quest with bigger reward etc.

It's the same focus on M+. The same key system, and endless scaling of dungeons in a "modern" GOGOGO AoE fashion.

It's the same Raiding system. 4 difficulties. LFR, Normal, Heroic and Mythic.

It's the same questing system.

It's the same AP grind.

It's the same Titanforging system.

It's actually a bit BETTER system than the "no gear should matter in PvP", "100% random garbage ilvl PvP gear" PvP system we had in Legion.

To me, it seems like the only reason people liked Legion was because of the transmogs on your cool weapons. And people seem salty that BfA don't have Class sets (another transmog argument). Is it really this easy to make you enjoy an expansion? Cool transmogs = good expansion?

World Quests, Mythic+, and the AP grind were all new concepts in Legion, the systems felt fresh and engaging when we played them the first time.

The devs kept these systems mostly unchanged for BFA, but the new systems (Island Expeditions and Warfronts) did not have the same impact and were not as engaging.

It's like a sequel that tries to be bigger and better than the first film; it tends to miss the heart of the original.

5+ Year Old Account
    Legion had more rng in legiondaries than BfA features combined. Story was mediocre as well.

As for dungeons I'd-
    Actually, let's math your legiondaries statement out.

Per kill/item cache/whatever that has a chance to give loot the game rolls a die to see if you get a legendary. After that it checks to see what class you are. Not a RNG check, so lets move on. Now that it knows what class you are, it knows what armor proficiency you have as a result. Not RNG check. Still at 1 RNG check total. Now, it completely doesn't fucking bother to check what spec you are in because who the fuck at Blizz thought not implementing a spec check was a good idea, and checks to see what loot is valid for your armor class, as well as your actual class because some legendaries were class specific, basically checking the flags of various legendaries to see if they match flags on your class. Still we're at 1 RNG check despite this whole process.

NOW, it rolls a die to see what legendary drops. Let's say you're a DK, and you get that waist that shares its appearance with the waist from ToT. Congratulations, you've got a BiS from merely two RNG checks.
    Didn't get the legendary you wanted? Cool, you can actually save up currency for the legendary you want and buy it from a vendor.

BFA RNG in 8.3:
    First, game rolls die to see what slot drops. We'll say it's a chest. That's one RNG roll. Since it's a chest, it automatically becomes an Azerite chest. Still one RNG roll during this process. Now, depending on your source, you might have anywhere from 2-5 rings. We'll say it dropped from Nya'lotha, so it has five rings. Thats 5 RNG rolls right there. You're up to six total rolls already. NOW, it rolls for what corruption benefit your chest will have. Seven rolls. Okay, now that it knows what corruption you have, it rolls to see how strong the benefit will be. Eight. Now, it rolls to see how much corruption you'll endure from wearing it. Nine rolls.

Want to buy gear? Cool. You're still going to endure rolls, where as legiondaries didn't need to roll anything when you bought them.

Your statement is objectively false.

Legion experimented with a lot of things and seemed to be more creative in terms of the systems that were introduced. Both were pretty shit in terms of story (though that's a given with WoW these days), class design, PvP and itemization. But overall Legion was still more enjoyable. It didn't have the GCD changes, it had decent outdoor content and you could play alts in PvP with much less effort.

Opinions you know, they are awesome. The dungeons in Legion had proper themes, and they were mostly connected. Court of Stars being the best by far(my favorite dungeon in WoW).

Good dungeons in Legion:
    Court of Stars
    Maw of Souls
    Vault of the Warden
    Return to Karazhan
    The Arcway
    Halls of Valor

All of them having a good theme, and a decent set of bosses and trash. Cathedral of the Eternal Night, Black Rook Hold and Darkheart Thicket were fun thematically. The main thing is that the Burning Legion have something to do with almost all of them. In BfA they are kinda disconnected. And I can't help to mention that since all of the classes had at least one spec which were fun that made doing the dungeons a lot more fun too.

Good dungeons for me in BfA:
    Workshop Mechagon
    Freehold
    Underrot

There is a bit of trash in Freehold, but those three have a decent amount of trash vs bosses. Workshop is awesome, it's the dungeon I do on alts if I just want to get the weekly chest. Perfect amount of trash and interesting mechanics.

The big difference is coherence when it comes to BfA dungeons. And that there are sooo much trash. In Legion the dungeons had a story purpose. I think that makes them more interesting. But that's just part of it.

That is my opinion. I don't sit here and imagine "why don't people like what I like" because that's not how we humans are. We like different things. If we(me included) could respect that forums like this would be better too.

1. Nobody cares about their faction, they care about a big bad boss enemy to kill.
    2. Dungeon design was better in Legion.
    3. Mythic+ was new
    4. Demonic/legion lore feels like WoW