Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    Unfortunately it's not that straight forward. They've just added a grind for a new currency which is required to purchase each of the individual essences on an individual Alt which means it's more like Account Wide Vendor access. Granted we don't know cost or drop rate yet but it's amazing how much Blizzard doesn't want to concede to people's requests for Account Wide Essences and stubbornly trying to make it their "win" by still forcing a grind.
    exactly, they are stubborn who refuse to budge
    they probably only budged when they lost the last 1 million sub left in game or something, it is a half good move, because if they did listen it should been done from day one with no currency farming
    Quote Originally Posted by EllipsisW View Post
    Like when they listened to the mountains of feedback given to them during alphas and betas about how garbage their systems were going to turn out.

They don't listen. They placate.
    annoying how right u are...
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Apparently it is good, as it's getting implemented.

Let us not pretend it's because they listen, as opposed to it being because that now, after several time of the feature being active and consumed by a good portion of the playerbase, it's time to stretch it out a bit further by squeezing those who were waiting to focus on alts.

We are truly blessed for having a benevolent company like Blizzard looking after us.
    that quote may make me refuse to play because i feel i was played like idiot fool, it is a diabolic lvl of scheming that i didn't even think blizz would think of
    but sadly i think u are right
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miross View Post
    Is FF14 fun to play or it's a grind fiesta like BFA? thinking about giving it a try
    As someone who loves FF14 to death and has 100+ hrs into it, do not play it if you don't like grinds and do not play it if you don't like story.

It is a vastly different design philosophy than WoW and it is much slower at the start.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharby View Post
    As someone who loves FF14 to death and has 100+ hrs into it, do not play it if you don't like grinds and do not play it if you don't like story.

It is a vastly different design philosophy than WoW and it is much slower at the start.
    And do not play it if you like challenging pve. The story, the art, the armor, etc are great. But the pve is lackluster to say the least and whatever ppl say, the classes are quite easy to play.

Yaaay! Blizzard moved that far away carrot slightly closer to the donkey.

Now go do your daily chores and pay your sub!

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    That and horrific vision rewards always corrupting. Good changes! Yay!

Some people might still find something to gripe about, but what I'm seeing is players gave constructive criticism, Blizzard listened, things improved. Break out the party poppers.

And they needed those months for it? Like, it is literally done by a hotfix :P

Constructive criticism was from alpha and beta on Azerite gear. Better wait months AFTER launch - but we sowwy.

Constructive criticism was from PTR on 8.2, yet we need wait MONTHS for hotfix - but we sowwy.

Blizzard DONT LISTEN, not in a sense that community understand it.

Quote Originally Posted by Miross View Post
    Is FF14 fun to play or it's a grind fiesta like BFA? thinking about giving it a try
    its really fun . and community is 100000times better then in wow.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by monkaTOS View Post
    Dead game alert!
    Grinding stupid shit is bread and butter of MMORPG content, I'm happy some of that still exists in WoW, even though most of it has disappeared. These changes are very good.

You should probably play something else if you don't like WoW.

- - - Updated - - -

I hope so, those are always pretty good deals.
    grinding is integral part of mmorpg.

true.

but grind that makes sense and gives your toons progression .

all you are getting is temporary borrowed power that you will be stripped off in 3 months with shadowlands prepatch .

you are supporting wasting time for nothing .

Like when they listened to the mountains of feedback given to them during alphas and betas about how garbage their systems were going to turn out.

They don't listen. They placate.
    That isn't quite right. They definitely do not listen to design feedback during testing phases. They don't care what players have to say then. But they do listen to feedback in the live game, when it's overwhelmingly negative and supported by live metrics. Eventually. Usually.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2020-03-14 at 07:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Denso View Post
    They aren't listening. They are offering a shitty fix which in reality is just an alternate grinding path. Stop accepting this mediocrity.

But to be fair, even a full on free of charge account shared essence system wouldn't bring me back at this point, it's about a year too late to implement that.

They have to make sure to improve everything for Shadowlands at this point. BFA's appeal is gone, well and over a long time ago. Last chance.
    God forbid you have to play the game and not have everything handed to you. Player entitlement is getting worse and worse.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    God forbid you have to play the game and not have everything handed to you. Player entitlement is getting worse and worse.
    Yeah, imagine if a game was fun, and not a chore. Can't have that, games are supposed to be chores.

I just wish it'd work not just for alts. Would be so cool if you could play the content you want, even if the grind would be long.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    People asked to be able to buy rank 3 on alts, now you can, try and spin it how ever you like but they did listen.
    Right? Such a simple concept to grasp and yet so many people trying to put some negative bullshit on it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Buttwitch View Post
    Yeah, imagine if a game was fun, and not a chore. Can't have that, games are supposed to be chores.
    If you can't find fun in the game, maybe stop playing instead of spending your life on a forum resenting the game that is no longer fun for you.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Buttwitch View Post
    So raiding, dungeons, PvP, assaults, visions, none of that is fun? Because you can do that on alts and get rank 3 essences starting next week.

The point you and others are making is moot. You can from next week do exactly what you like to do and get rank 3 essences on your alts. You can do all the fun content and get rank 3 essences. Isn't that great? No one should believe that we should get handouts, it's directly bad for the game. Last time we had that was in WoD when staying in Garrison was fun and close to everything you needed was in there. Great stuff happened with the player base then. Remember when half the player base quit? Not gonna say they did great with BfA either, no doubt it has been bad, but this change isn't a bad thing. It's actually pretty awesome for everyone's alts.

This game is supposed to have some sort of progression. But to me it seems that's not what you want at all, just logging in and expect it to be as powerful as everyone else. Because that is what you are saying here. Minimal grind for the most powerful shit in game is bad? Then you are playing the wrong game.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2020-03-14 at 07:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Ah yes, not even an hour after the announcement and the waves of revisionism have already begun.

"GREAT CHNG BLIZZ BUT Y U NO DO IT ALRDY HUH Y U NVR LISTEN HUHHHHHH?!???!!??/"

This community fucking sucks. It's an improvement. Please. Just leave it at that.
    Glad they heard so they can stop saying they don't. It's just majority asking for essences account wide. It's happening, i'm happy. And i agree with you, unfortunately kind of stresses me out, sometimes feels too childish or that the world is about to end because of a game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Right? Such a simple concept to grasp and yet so many people trying to put some negative bullshit on it.

- - - Updated - - -

If you can't find fun in the game, maybe stop playing instead of spending your life on a forum resenting the game that is no longer fun for you.
    Mirishka, by now we are more than vaccinated against to this than what is happening in the world right now with COVID-19. Honestly, i'm so used to this complaints now. lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    Glad they heard so they can stop saying they don't. It's just majority asking for essences account wide. It's happening, i'm happy. And i agree with you, unfortunately kind of stresses me out, sometimes feels too childish or that the world is about to end because of a game.

- - - Updated - - -

Mirishka, by now we are more than vaccinated against to this than what is happening in the world right now with COVID-19. Honestly, i'm so used to this complaints now. lol
    You're right of course. lol
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Thank God I won't have to do pvp to get Conflict and strife anymore.

When are they going to learn that this kind of thing needs to be implemented as soon as the feature launches?

First Legiondaries and now this. These systems leave a bitter taste when they could have been loved from start to finish.
    This. It's a very good change, it's just way too late. The cloak catchup is also not great, takes around 4 months from no cloak to 15 + full upgrades even with catchup.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    This. It's a very good change, it's just way too late. The cloak catchup is also not great, takes around 4 months from no cloak to 15 + full upgrades even with catchup.
    whaaat?
    "takes about 4 months from no cloak to 15"
    Idk if you know, but we are getting to 15 next week and it has only been 3 months...
    the catch up takes only about 3 weeks, not "4 months"
    next time look at your math, or even a calender?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    You take the full corruption (125) into account or? Or to 15? To 15 it will take you 2 months tops. We get more stuff from the assault now than we did in the beginning, so maybe even less than 2 months. I read until August for the 125 corrupted resistance max. So 4 months doesn't fit any of the scenarios? Typo? Patch 8.3 came out exactly 2 months ago, and we get 15 next reset, 3 days.

What is going to be fun is if alts still need to earn rank 2 and seeing people's heads explode when they realize this rank 3 change doesn't really help them.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    What is going to be fun is if alts still need to earn rank 2 and seeing people's heads explode when they realize this rank 3 change doesn't really help them.
    Whats interesting to me is that people seems to think that getting rank 3 essences on their alts are going to make stuff so much more fun to do. I can barely notice any difference except some power increase from main with everything to alts that have maybe 1 rank 3 and rest 2 and 1, and maybe got 5 essences, It doesn't change the gameplay as much as people seem to think. Guildies of mine says the same, they are now going to play their alts. I think they will get a reality check when they actually get to see how little it will do.