Quote Originally Posted by Poe View Post
    Ignorant question but why is this considered worse then the flu when most cases are very mild flu symptoms to no symptoms at all ?
    It's death rate, on average is 20-40 times deadlier than the Flu.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Just stay home as much as possible guys, that's all there really is to it.

Most of work is canceled anyway....free vacation i guess.

181 infected and 1 died today.

Also...Croatia did it again.... 3 years in prison if you leave your house when in isolation.

And this is just stupid:

They sit to close to each other.
    Last edited by Yunru; 2020-03-14 at 11:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poe View Post
    Ignorant question but why is this considered worse then the flu when most cases are very mild flu symptoms to no symptoms at all ?
    Hospitalization rate is 20-25% for this. Flu is 1%. Of those 20-25%, 20% of em require rebreathers and the others concentrated oxygen. It also makes our lungs look like swiss cheese for the cases that are in critical. End result also means permanent(?) lung damage also for those who recover from those extreme cases.

https://pubs.rsna.org/na101/home/lit...0033.fig1.jpeg
    https://old.reddit.com/r/COVID19/com...olvement_in_a/
    (Same image). Comments seem to have more context / information on usual pneumonia infections.

10+ Year Old Account
    God people are stupid. All the shelves are empty. For nothing. Stocking up on months of toilet paper for a virus that lasts two weeks. If you're gonna go crazy over that, you might as well hoard all the time since you can always get sick. People trying to shop normally, can't, and that's more upsetting than the idea of actually getting the virus. Our store is changing its hours and shutting departments down early, because, as I said, people are really stupid. Stop making my life worse, crazy people.

Hmf..if I already had it and can't transmit it then I see no reason to stay home.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    God people are stupid. All the shelves are empty. For nothing. Stocking up on months of toilet paper for a virus that lasts two weeks. If you're gonna go crazy over that, you might as well hoard all the time since you can always get sick. People trying to shop normally, can't, and that's more upsetting than the idea of actually getting the virus. Our store is changing its hours and shutting departments down early, because, as I said, people are really stupid. Stop making my life worse, crazy people.
    They probaly stockpiled on beans..... a lot of them.

Store in my area put on a note of DONT GO INSIDE IF YOU ARE SICK.

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post

I wish. Everyone I know has at least 2 weeks off or are working from home.

only good thing for me is traffic is going to be even more non existent in the pre dawn hours..whoot whoot.

Based on the bill that just passed, 80% of the workers who still had to go to work...are still fucked and have to show up to work or not pay the rent...
    welp spoke too soon, now I have to dodge sleepy passed out truck drives in double or triple the numbers!!!!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/unprecede...193633592.html

The hours-of-service laws, which mandate how many hours a truck driver may work and have been in place for truck drivers since 1938, are suspended at a federal level for the first time in history.

As of Friday evening, truck drivers who are moving medical supplies and consumer goods like masks and hand sanitizer do not have to follow HOS.
    It's common on a local or state level to lift these safety regulations amid natural disasters, like floods or hurricanes, that require stores and hospitals to stay stocked with necessary goods.

Truck drivers move 70% of the nation's goods by weight. They're responsible for replenishing stores and hospitals with necessary items.

- - - Updated - - -

lol two weeks.....there are some countries who are still exploding cases would like to have a word with you about 2 weeks....
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Hmf..if I already had it and can't transmit it then I see no reason to stay home.
    You can catch the virus again.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2020-03-14 at 11:52 PM.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    so...think the hoarding will die down in a week? Id really like to be able to buy some stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    You can catch it again.
    Nope. That's why the quote above.
    According those immunologists who were investigating such occurrences (errors in testing is what are concluding) our immune system is too fired up against it after catching it the first time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    so...think the hoarding will die down in a week? Id really like to be able to buy some stuff...
    Willing to bet my ass on it!

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    its all about timing.
    Talk to the folks about when they get shipping in and go early in the morning

at 6am, panic does not outweigh laziness and they stock shelves sunday-monday night in most major super markets while the stores are closed.
    that is their biggest restocking day/night/shift.

We have not even come close to peaking yet, we are about 7-13 days behind the curve of places like Italy.
    So you might have an even harder time depending on your state and what happens locally.

also, not to sound like a dick in anyway but if you have a "hillbilly/rural" kind of area that is not near affluent areas in your state that also has a big store you might want to try there.
    Our two parts of the state that has so far been the places that have the most stuff.
    My only guess is they

A) cannot afford to stock up like other neighborhoods. They do not have the disposable income or credit.
    B) they are not as educated or informed.
    C)They are more likely to not panic since they have learned to live with less all their lives.

Also look for weird places you never though of...like toilet paper at Home Depot and ACE hardware. Yes, I found it there for some friends/family/people we were helping.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post

Willing to bet my ass on it!

+10 points, you sir win the internet!
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Dystopian future but instead of bottle caps as a currency we trade in toilet paper.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Dystopian future but instead of bottle caps as a currency we trade in toilet paper.
    Doesn't last as long, but is considerably nicer to wipe with.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Most of work is canceled anyway....free vacation i guess.

181 infected and 1 died today.

Also...Croatia did it again.... 3 years in prison if you leave your house when in isolation.

And this is just stupid:

They sit to close to each other.
    And it's not clear that the facemasks help (unless they infected - and then why aren't they home?), and they likely could have had the meeting online instead - you know use those things sitting in front of them to avoid having a physical meeting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you have an older family member someone like a grandma or grandfather? do you have someone with an autoimune condition?
    Someone who would be safer if you took precautions and stayed out of public for a bit?
    Maybe someone to protect by making one single trip to the store for all your supplies for a month ? maybe longer?
    Is it safe for that loved one if you go out into a big theatre or a walmart and touch everything and everyone there?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    umm who hasn't said this. It was part of the CDC releases and should have been part of any news story about the virus.
    what's your point?

You do know a lot of people in this country most likely to not realize this
    My point is the same as yours. It should have been in the news.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    You can catch the virus again.
    You can catch a mutation or have a long incubation period. It's almost impossible to catch the same virus twice.

So say you and a friend get it. You friends virus manages to mutate and you happen to get enough of the mutated strain in your body then you can get it again. Even then the mutation has to be different enough it gets past your bodies immune system.

- - - Updated - - -

Some stores are having to close early just so they can have a chance to restock and sanitize the place.

If I was a manager I'd allow my employees to chill in the back while people are panic buying. A number of the customers probably have and are spreading their germs everywhere.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    And it's not clear that the facemasks help (unless they infected - and then why aren't they home?), and they likely could have had the meeting online instead - you know use those things sitting in front of them to avoid having a physical meeting.
    My brother is in Hong Kong, and he told me all his business meetings are like this with masks on.

I get REALLY bad allergies this time of year and I sneeze like crazy. People seem to think i have CV.

There's so much pollen in the air where I live, this pandemic couldn't have hit at a worse time of year.
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

I'm more surprised by how callous people are being about the idea of the virus being more deadly to the elderly.

People making jokes about how useless the elderly are, how they are fine with "boomers" dying, that sort of degeneracy.

I mean, I guess I'm not terrible surprised, seeing how some folks at least in the US abuse and neglect their elderly, but it's still distasteful to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Kouki View Post
    Do you have an older family member someone like a grandma or grandfather? do you have someone with an autoimune condition?
    Someone who would be safer if you took precautions and stayed out of public for a bit?
    Maybe someone to protect by making one single trip to the store for all your supplies for a month ? maybe longer?
    Is it safe for that loved one if you go out into a big theatre or a walmart and touch everything and everyone there?
    Yeah this is worth thinking about.
    Whilst I have zero mentality of hoarding myself, I will soon be getting groceries for 2 more people aside from myself (dad and brother, they have ME) if the virus starts to spread publicly in the city. So far it's not the case, but alas...