Page 53 of 67 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Anyone using Kbab foods for the 5-mask runs? I'm still not sure I'll be able to do them (I'm not bad, just losing my reflexes as I get older), but maybe if I can stop and chain-eat a few of those sanity-restoring foods it might help supplement the orbs? I dunno, just brainstorming while waiting for the cloak upgrade unlock this coming week.

The 20% movement speed from Baked Voidfin sounds like it'd be a plus there too.
    The sanity food is incredibly useful if you're struggling to keep up. It has a 3 min CD, so you can't chain eat them, but 100 sanity every 3 min is still a lot over the course of a run. Ideally you want to eat in the starting area whenever you can since the passive sanity drain is at its lowest there. The other food buffs are fantastic too. It'll depend on your class/spec, but personally I find the health regen one to be by far the most useful since it basically makes you immortal. When you're regaining 2% health every second you can ignore most of the incoming damage and just focus on DPSing and avoiding sanity mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    Rexxar's pigs are a huge PITA for both my runners.
    Rexxar is not that bad if you don't go in with guns blazing. He doesn't summon his boars on a timer, but at certain % stages of his HP. So if you DPS him relatively slowly, he'll summon his boars more slowly, giving you enough time to focus on the boars.

And while he's not particularly dangerous the previous zone miniboss (with that stupid missile stun)
    That one is also really easy. I'm assuming you're playing melee. Just move away from him (10-20 yards is fine) as he starts the cast, and then run to the side, circling around him while he channels. You'll dodge his missiles easily.

No, i do not enjoy them. Because they are effort gated by doing other content first. If they were not effort gated, i would probably like them.

I would not wonder if effort gating will be the next new big thing for the devs, so you have to farm first before you even may join a dungeon or a scenario in future. Those devs with their rotten attitude always look for ways to enhance /played, while they should add a lot of content and enhance gameplay.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonfer View Post
    No, i do not enjoy them. Because they are effort gated by doing other content first. If they were not effort gated, i would probably like them.
    Do you just afk in Stormwind/Ogrimmar all day hating on the game? Because everything requires effort but your time on these forums have been filled with nothing but hate and disdain for the game and its developers.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Do you just afk in Stormwind/Ogrimmar all day hating on the game? Because everything requires effort but your time on these forums have been filled with nothing but hate and disdain for the game and its developers.
    No, actually doing dungeons does not require any effort before you join them. Blizzard should stick to that instead of moving the key content behind more and more brickwalls.

This is just another way to force people to play gameplay they do not like, to even allow them to join a scnenario. More costs for less fun gameplay.

Fuck that, i am sick of the devs attitude.
    Last edited by Gonfer; 2020-03-15 at 06:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wondercrab View Post
    The sanity food is incredibly useful if you're struggling to keep up. It has a 3 min CD, so you can't chain eat them, but 100 sanity every 3 min is still a lot over the course of a run. Ideally you want to eat in the starting area whenever you can since the passive sanity drain is at its lowest there. The other food buffs are fantastic too. It'll depend on your class/spec, but personally I find the health regen one to be by far the most useful since it basically makes you immortal. When you're regaining 2% health every second you can ignore most of the incoming damage and just focus on DPSing and avoiding sanity mechanics.
    From what I read it actually provides 200 sanity. 100 if you spend 10 seconds eating and another 100 if you spend the remaining 10 seconds eating. I'm going to have to fool around with these when I start attempting 2-3 mask runs just to see if I can find a good balance there. I'm a BM hunter so my pet generally takes all of the damage, so I'm thinking the 20% speed buff would be a better fit for me.

From what I read it actually provides 200 sanity. 100 if you spend 10 seconds eating and another 100 if you spend the remaining 10 seconds eating. I'm going to have to fool around with these when I start attempting 2-3 mask runs just to see if I can find a good balance there. I'm a BM hunter so my pet generally takes all of the damage, so I'm thinking the 20% speed buff would be a better fit for me.
    That has been hotfixed. It restores only 100 sanity now.

Also for BM hunter you don't really need anything tbh. If you are somewhere around 460, you clear it without any buffs, flasks, food whatsoever. No need to even skip anything.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonfer View Post
    No, actually doing dungeons does not require any effort before you join them. Blizzard should stick to that instead of moving the key content behind more and more brickwalls.
    How do you level without effort? How do you get the required item level without effort? The fact that Blizzard uncapped the currency is proof that there isn't much effort required to do the Visions because people were getting to many rewards. If you don't like the "effort" required to get the currency you can't like the game play it is unlocking because the is equally "effort".

It isn't the developers attitude that is a problem here. It is likely long past time for you to move on even more so given your vulgar view of the developers mentioned in other threads.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Rexxar is not that bad if you don't go in with guns blazing. He doesn't summon his boars on a timer, but at certain % stages of his HP. So if you DPS him relatively slowly, he'll summon his boars more slowly, giving you enough time to focus on the boars.
    I know that. The problem is that I play fire mage, so my option is to throw everything at once and hope my ignite kills it all (I've at times just used it all and then iceblocked which usually works), or risk fucking it up because outside of cooldowns my damage is trash. It's less of a problem on my fury warrior because I can indeed just take them out one by one.

That one is also really easy. I'm assuming you're playing melee. Just move away from him (10-20 yards is fine) as he starts the cast, and then run to the side, circling around him while he channels. You'll dodge his missiles easily.
    I know about running out, but it's annoying, especially when my gear isn't great:
    Do damage; shield pops up (which I usually struggle to destroy before the cast is finished)
    Run away while doing no damage
    Charge in, hope he doesn't do a shield again.

He's just annoying.
    Speciation Is Gradual

How do you level without effort?
    Apples and oranges. You level ONCE to get to endgame level. You gear up ONCE to get into more difficulty dungeons. And may play dungeons then as often as possible. For those "horrific vision" scenarios, you have to re-re-re-re-regrind daily quests and other scenarios to even become able to play the instanced content regularily.

Really, that is a new dimension of asking players to do unfun things to become able to do one fun thing for a massive grind you have to redo over and over and over again.

How do you get the required item level without effort?
    You did not need an elevated ilevel to join entry dungeons before BFA.

The fact that Blizzard uncapped the currency is proof that there isn't much effort required to do the Visions because people were getting to many rewards.
    Listen, friend, i do not want to play unfun content just to become able to run some scenarios. No matter, if you want me to put effort into a bad game as World of Warcraft. And i rather will stay unsubbed than returning to unfun bullshit.

I feel this will be even worse in Shadowlands. I would not wonder if Thorgast is going to be gated both behind regrinds every day and attunements, as the devs want to sell their lousy gameplay in scenarios for even more time /played from grindy chores.

Why dont they just allow players to play what they like, and give them different rewards for different gameplay? Why are they very innovative when it is about ways to let players play more (.. unfun world chores), but arent innovative when it is about fun game mechanics?

What WoW needs, is a ton of content, and not ways to effort or time gate that content behind reoccuring grinds, which are just a new way to get a higher /played time, longer subs and a new yacht for Ion Hazzikostas.
    Last edited by Gonfer; 2020-03-15 at 06:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    That has been hotfixed. It restores only 100 sanity now.

Also for BM hunter you don't really need anything tbh. If you are somewhere around 460, you clear it without any buffs, flasks, food whatsoever. No need to even skip anything.
    Ah, bummer. Oh well.
    I'm only around 452. No time for Normal+ raids and for M+ it's the same ole' catch 22 of not having experience and not being able to get experience because nobody wants anyone without experience.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    I know about running out, but it's annoying, especially when my gear isn't great:
    Do damage; shield pops up (which I usually struggle to destroy before the cast is finished)
    Run away while doing no damage
    Charge in, hope he doesn't do a shield again.

He's just annoying.
    I don't know if this is a bug, but whenever I fight him it seems like those missiles never hit me if I keep the giant tree stump (the one JUST before his little arena, right side) in-between us.

Ah, bummer. Oh well.
    I'm only around 452. No time for Normal+ raids and for M+ it's the same ole' catch 22 of not having experience and not being able to get experience because nobody wants anyone without experience.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know if this is a bug, but whenever I fight him it seems like those missiles never hit me if I keep the giant tree stump (the one JUST before his little arena, right side) in-between us.
    make your own group a climb yourself. At season 2 i upped my warrior this way.
    Just label your keys as "chill run" so people with adhd won't join.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    make your own group a climb yourself. At season 2 i upped my warrior this way.
    Just label your keys as "chill run" so people with adhd won't join.
    Tried that. Got tired of spending anywhere between 30 minutes to an hour looking for a tank and/or healer each run. I'm lucky if I can get an hour of uninterrupted play in, so neither normal raiding nor setting up M+ groups really works for me. Anyhoo, starting to derail a bit here so I'll end my part in it.

Got Orgrimmar 5 mask this week after getting it in SW last week. Hard to say which one is easier - I want to say Orgrimmar mainly because it doesn't have Alleria, but the thing that caused me the most frustration was the scorched feet effect in valley of spirits. Kept getting knocked off the bridge into the water, which was super annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Problem wasn't JUST m+ (even though it contributed, many people care about getting gear and m+ provides faster way than raiding), the same expansion that introduced m+ introduced also AP / leggo grind, which made people quit or go casual and not bother. It also introduced titanforging, which again made people step down from more demanding difficulties into the easier ones because they could get 80% of the result for 20% of the effort.

A lot of people quit from raiding because of all the out-of-raid activities they were expected to do to "keep up with the Joneses", and that includes the weekly m+ chest.
    Agreed. It is almost impossible to get BiS now, so game never ends and playing alt is masochistic
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

Nope i don't but when the 100% chance for forges goes in ill be doing it for the rewards only.

If this is there beta for Thorghast im going to be disappointed. After only 6 runs the repetitiveness is draining on me, I do the exact same thing each vision. I don't like having to run a Mandatory dungeon, because thats all it feels like

Just finished 5 masks with 462 ilvl. Rexxar and Thrall can be kinda tight. You lose focus 1 second and your sanity drops a lot.
    People with 470+ ilvl can drop bosses much faster and shorten the fights quite a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dunno, I actually had some good luck the other day, going after Rexxar guns blazing. Had 25% sanity left, stupidly engaged. Kicked/stunned his boars when I could, but blew him up before the boars could drain too much of my sanity.

Managed to down him with only a glimmer left, enough to pop an orb, go kill Thrall and get my full clear on my rogue.
    Putin khuliyo

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can comfortably clear Org now (zero masks) using about 1.5 orbs. I will start trying with the masks next cycle. I really dislike SW though and refuse to do it whilst requiring two lost zones. I might toy around with it once my cloak is at level 15.

On the subject of enjoyment, I am not sure if I do. I am an altoholic and constantly trying to progress the cloak on numerous characters gets very tedious (I know, before anyone says, it is a problem of my own making). There is not much else to do though as I don't raid or run M+.