Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    During the (Western) peak of the Corona crisis? This would be a bold move at a time where almost everyone is reducing tasks / workload or even shutting down completely.
    i mean the amount of places shutting down arent exactly the same as a game dev studio

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    i mean the amount of places shutting down arent exactly the same as a game dev studio
    There's still no plausible argument for them to start Alpha during exactly this time especially during the peak that's coming around April. Doesn't really matter if it's a game studio or not, everything is influenced by this one way or another. To retain 100% workload or even increase it sounds like something... nobody would do right now.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

There's still no plausible argument for them to start Alpha during exactly this time especially during the peak that's coming around April. Doesn't really matter if it's a game studio or not, everything is influenced by this one way or another. To retain 100% workload or even increase it sounds like something... nobody would do right now.
    i mean you can release alpha for a couple reasons
    1. hype and positive PR
    2. more eyes on the game
    3. will be after the masses get their hands on the 8.3.5 that is not technically 8.3.5 but definitely 8.3.5

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    i mean you can release alpha for a couple reasons
    1. hype and positive PR
    2. more eyes on the game
    3. will be after the masses get their hands on the 8.3.5 that is not technically 8.3.5 but definitely 8.3.5
    8.3.5 doesn’t exist and the only changes coming in 8.3 are balance changes....oh wait that’s not quite right.

But so many credible you tubers said 8.3.5 was canceled like HeelvsBabyface and bellandular

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    8.3.5 doesn’t exist and the only changes coming in 8.3 are balance changes....oh wait that’s not quite right.

But so many credible you tubers said 8.3.5 was canceled like HeelvsBabyface and bellandular
    The raging toddler and the clickbait spammer aren't credible, but wasn't 8.3.5 still cancelled?
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    The raging toddler and the clickbait spammer aren't credible, but wasn't 8.3.5 still cancelled?
    Uhm, Blizzard officially stated several months ago there won't be an 8.3.5.

Uhm, Blizzard officially stated several months ago there won't be an 8.3.5.
    Yeah, that's what I mean.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

10+ Year Old Account
    Pre-patch will serve as a 8.3.5

Do you guys think any major redesign has happened or philosophy shifted? I'm only asking this because of how long the Alpha is seemingly taking to come out to public testing or even be able to be datamined.

Have they maybe decided to include a stat squish down to Classic levels to coincide with the Classic level 60 cap?
    Have they decided to do major class reworks in addition to pruning, despite saying they wouldn't at Blizzcon?
    Is there major redesign going into the SL gearing system after the mixed bag feedback of Corruption?

I don't really believe the bull that they are simply behind on schedule. They cut a lot of corners with BfA content lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Clickbait Mick View Post
    Do you guys think any major redesign has happened or philosophy shifted? I'm only asking this because of how long the Alpha is seemingly taking to come out to public testing or even be able to be datamined.

Have they maybe decided to include a stat squish down to Classic levels to coincide with the Classic level 60 cap?
    Have they decided to do major class reworks in addition to pruning, despite saying they wouldn't at Blizzcon?
    Is there major redesign going into the SL gearing system after the mixed bag feedback of Corruption?

I don't really believe the bull that they are simply behind on schedule. They cut a lot of corners with BfA content lately.
    They wouldn't need to delay the alpha for redesign. They just don't include whatever is being redesigned in early builds.

When will you guys stop speaking about alpha being behind when there wasn't any date given at all? Just because last alpha was already up in march? What kind of logic is this? They can absolutely be in time, nobody knows their schedule. STOP BEING IMPATIENT!

Quote Originally Posted by ExiHext View Post
    When will you guys stop speaking about alpha being behind when there wasn't any date given at all? Just because last alpha was already up in march? What kind of logic is this? They can absolutely be in time, nobody knows their schedule. STOP BEING IMPATIENT!
    If Towelliee is to be believed, they've told him multiple times to get ready for testing to start, only to change course and deny them the alpha:
    https://www.twitch.tv/towelliee/clip...e=7d&sort=time

So clearly something is going down behind the scenes and it's not difficult to imagine that it's not going as they planned initially, aka behind because [X] reason.

If Towelliee is to be believed, they've told him multiple times to get ready for testing to start, only to change course and deny them the alpha:

So clearly something is going down behind the scenes and it's not difficult to imagine that it's not going as they planned initially, aka behind because [X] reason.
    Or he was a dumbass and thought he could predict the date only to get it wrong and then have to make up an excuse.

Yeah, because believing someone who relies on clicks is more reasonable than common sense. Ok, understood.

10+ Year Old Account
    One would think to say "Woops I was wrong, my bad Blizz"
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I had a dream tonight, a sudden 8.3.3 went on the PTR, and a 8.3.5 was announced and that was why the alpha was delayed... What a weird dream :/, at least we had something to be hyped about...
    I AM MY SCARS!
    -Illidan, Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlands-is-fake View Post
    The new levelling system should have been 8.3.5, would have given people something to do while waiting for Shadowlands.
    I mean, 9.0 will have that overhaul and will launch I think a month before Shadowlands exclusive content becomes available?

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I mean, 9.0 will have that overhaul and will launch I think a month before Shadowlands exclusive content becomes available?
    Or even sooner than just 4 weeks, maybe 6 or 8 this time exactly because of that.

And if Alpha etc. is delayed or not... who knows. But even people that say everything is fine must acknowledge that it's mid March and we haven't even gotten more details about Shadowlands in general or Alpha is at least questionable.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2020-03-15 at 03:03 PM.

Oh god. If we don't have alpha til april, april 1st will be literal hell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    Oh god. If we don't have alpha til april, april 1st will be literal hell.
    "Shadowlands not coming until 2030"

fans: -.- ................................... bad joke Blizz

#TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi