Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    To be fair think of the shitstorm if word got out he was positive.
    Especially after he was so dismissive earlier.

I wouldn't be surprised if he went on vacation really soon.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    To be fair think of the shitstorm if word got out he was positive.
    Especially after he was so dismissive earlier.

I wouldn't be surprised if he went on vacation really soon.
    Like him or hate him, there's little more demoralizing than the leader of your country falling ill to something like this but I think your second point is more the truth then the first one.

He spent so long on 'It's under control! The danger is just a Liberal Hoax but also they're preventing us from doing anything about it!' that him getting sick would just obliterate whatever was left of the 'it's fine' narrative and also just make him seem 'weak'. And as much as I feel like him getting this thing after spending so long acting like it was nothing, and actively crippling our ability to monitor/fight it would be nothing sort of Karmic justice? I feel like wishing a plague upon people I don't like is a line I really don't want to cross.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even if this is a lie, it would have made much more sense to say this right away, before Trump insisted he didn't need testing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollowlithic View Post
    Just gonna take a wild guess and assume all the posters with the impeach MF in their sigs aren't gonna believe it. Then again they are the smartest people to ever exist and everyone else is just a stupid peasant.
    There is no reason to listen to him or his administration considering how fucking much his administration lies. Including his doctor, the doctor that he put up for surgeon general that said he could live to be 200 and not morbidly obese, and his current doctor that is also a moron.

Why would you believe the administration with over 17,000 lies?

If he keeps making his campaign stops I'll believe it.

If he seems to "disappear" for a while I won't.

The Trump administration tells lie after lie after lie. Can't really be blamed for wondering what the truth is.

If he does have it then it will be easy enough to figure out. They won't be able to let him out in public very much or speak. Him being fucked up from the virus and/or medication will be noticeable.

The same doctor who lied about Trump being 1 pound short of obese?

Or was it the other doctor who said Trump was the healthiest man he ever examined?

Or was it the other doctor who claimed Trump couldn't get drafted because of his bone spurs?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    Like him or hate him, there's little more demoralizing than the leader of your country falling ill to something like this but I think your second point is more the truth then the first one.

He spent so long on 'It's under control! The danger is just a Liberal Hoax but also they're preventing us from doing anything about it!' that him getting sick would just obliterate whatever was left of the 'it's fine' narrative and also just make him seem 'weak'. And as much as I feel like him getting this thing after spending so long acting like it was nothing, and actively crippling our ability to monitor/fight it would be nothing sort of Karmic justice? I feel like wishing a plague upon people I don't like is a line I really don't want to cross.
    I very much agree with this. As much as we can say that Trump may /deserve/ to get sick from this, it is a bad thing for everyone if he does. Love him or hate him, the consequences of the President of the US catching this is significant, and if he dies to it then that can trigger both panic in the general population and a slowdown in the responsiveness of the government to problems, neither of which we want.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post

There is another aspect. He's being blaming it on liberals. If he does get sick there is a real chance people will actually think liberals did it to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynarii View Post
    I very much agree with this. As much as we can say that Trump may /deserve/ to get sick from this, it is a bad thing for everyone if he does. Love him or hate him, the consequences of the President of the US catching this is significant, and if he dies to it then that can trigger both panic in the general population and a slowdown in the responsiveness of the government to problems, neither of which we want.
    Yeah, lying about this would be the most responsible thing they could do (not to say that they are).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    There is another aspect. He's being blaming it on liberals. If he does get sick there is a real chance people will actually think liberals did it to him.
    Yeah I'm kind of waiting for the announcement that this was a democrat engineered disease, aping the apparent chinese accusations against the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    The same doctor who lied about Trump being 1 pound short of obese?

Or was it the other doctor who said Trump was the healthiest man he ever examined?

Or was it the other doctor who claimed Trump couldn't get drafted because of his bone spurs?
    Or the doctor that said he was a couple inches taller to avoid being obese?

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering how little he cares about policy i doubt his personal hygiene means he washes his hands often. I mean he was still shaking hands.

It is a boomer virus so its his funeral after all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollowlithic View Post
    Just gonna take a wild guess and assume all the posters with the impeach MF in their sigs aren't gonna believe it. Then again they are the smartest people to ever exist and everyone else is just a stupid peasant.
    There's a difference between saying "I don't believe it" and "This administration is known for falsehoods and dubious claims, so I'm going to doubt the validity of this statement". This administration has lost so much credibility that it becomes hard to take anything at face value. Hell, they could even claim he tested positive, but his body is so amazing that he's not showing any symptoms, while in reality he doesn't actually have the virus. Would you believe that? Do you think this administration is credible enough to believe whatever they say without question?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugz
    Holes means you have less of a food to plate ratio, you can get more net weight of pancakes into the same volume and area as you could with waffles. Therefore pancakes win.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kheirn View Post
    There's a difference between saying "I don't believe it" and "This administration is known for falsehoods and dubious claims, so I'm going to doubt the validity of this statement". This administration has lost so much credibility that it becomes hard to take anything at face value. Hell, they could even claim he tested positive, but his body is so amazing that he's not showing any symptoms, while in reality he doesn't actually have the virus. Would you believe that? Do you think this administration is credible enough to believe whatever they say without question?
    That's not all that unusual actually, to be a carrier to a disease without any (or extremely mild) symptoms. Know at least of one such Covid-19 case. Only reason he was diagnosed, was that some apparatus he had measured 1 Celcius dip in body temperature, and that he came from some Italian city ravaged with Covid-19, so he figured he might have it. And he did.

At the age and health Trump is in though? Yeah, rather unlikely he would be a mere carrier.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Not entirely unexpected, the virus isn't that contagious.

However, it's not like you get one shot at being infected and if you avoid that you are fine forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    That's not all that unusual actually, to be a carrier to a disease without any (or extremely mild) symptoms.
    For younger people with strong immune systems, absolutely. Carriers are great subjects for studying immunology since they, for some reason, have more effective antibodies which can give a lot of insight into developing a vaccine or cure.

As you said though, in Trump's situation it's extremely unlikely that he's a carrier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugz
    Holes means you have less of a food to plate ratio, you can get more net weight of pancakes into the same volume and area as you could with waffles. Therefore pancakes win.

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    Yeah they also claimed Trump was as healthy as a young man. Nothing coming out of the white house can be believed.
    out of the current candidates hes the only one that didnt have a heartattack or dementia though

Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    Is this the same physician who said he could live to be 200 or the one who said he was 1lb shy of being overweight?
    My exact thought. The same quack who shouted from the rooftops that Trump had superior genetics and a really convenient physiology is not to be trusted with something like this, where the results could ACTUALLY matter in terms of public unrest.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Just following this thread for all the delicious dissapointed responses.
    What's even funnier is people doubting the doc's report, as if Trump would just walk around infected, not taking any medication, infecting his family, his staff and the foreign personnel he meets, all because of...image?

It takes a very...special kind of person to believe that. The kind of person that has a picture saying "Impeach the mf".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Just following this thread for all the delicious dissapointed responses.
    No so much disappointment so much as disbelief. I don’t think any group of people are less trusted than the Trump administration, particularly when it comes to something personally involving Donald.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect