Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    People are not thinking about others, families with kids etc. I'm willing to bet many of the horders and panic buyers are fatties. *no offense*!
    yeah the worst part like i said i bet most don't even have space for long term storage of said food so it will go bad..... I avoided any extras minus poptarts and got my normal stuff. I'll also likely switch to almond milk myself so others that need the real stuff can get it, when i need more that is.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Kindly take this false, racist, nation-bashing, shit argument out of here.

Every other country in the world has had more time and more information, and so far no one has been able to stop an outbreak. So to imply that the Chinese had any control over this with less is just fucking ignorant.

Obvious racist, nation-bashing, shit arguments are obvious.
    China made decision to continue their wet markets after Sars, they are 100% to blame for Corona, I want heads to roll for that.

Also, my post history, I usually side with China/Russia, so fuck this SJW contrarism ur doing, I would be even harsher if this was my own country being responsible for Sars n Corona. Anyone who isn't on board on fixing the conditions should be taken behind the shed n get the beating of their life.

Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    You're fine with Torturing and Killing Live Baby Chicks in America in Slaughtering Factories?
    I'm fine with killing and eating animals, but not torturing them prior to death. There is a distinction.

Not Cruel?
    Fallacy of relative privation.

Dont know if it was posted here but :

https://www.reddit.com/r/Coronavirus...m_source=share

https://www.welt.de/wirtschaft/artic...e.onsitesearch

(translation

The Tübingen-based company CureVac is researching a corona vaccine under high pressure. According to information aquired by WELT AM SONNTAG (German Newspaper), the US government wants to secure the exclusive rights to it. The German government is trying to prevent this.

Between the United States and Germany, the Corona crisis is reported to lead to an indirect but tangible economic policy debate. The reason: US President Donald Trump tries to lure German scientists working on a potential corona vaccine to America using high financial incentives, or to secure the drug exclusively for his country. WELT AM SONNTAG heard this in government circles.

The US president allegedly offers the company a large amount of money to secure its work exclusively. Trump is doing everything possible to get a vaccine for the United States. "But only for the USA," says the federal government.

According to information from WELT AM SONNTAG, the dispute between the two states is about the company CureVac, which is based in Tübingen and works together with the federally owned Paul Ehrlich Institute for Vaccines and Biomedical Medicines on the production of a vaccine against the virus. Government officials are now negotiating with CureVac.

"The Federal Government is very interested in the fact that vaccines and active substances against the novel corona virus are also being developed in Germany and Europe," confirmed a spokesman for the (German) Ministry of Health to WELT AM SONNTAG. "In this regard, the government is in intensive talks with the company CureVac." We hear the government in Berlin tries to keep the company with financial offers. The company itself refused to answer questions.
    thx USA for being assholes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Spain has seen a huge spike the last few days.

Their case count went from 3146 to 7753 in less than 3 days. That's a +146% increase.
    Their death count went from 86 to 291 in the same time. That's a +238% increase.
    Spanish governement decreated a national lockdown.

Quote Originally Posted by telygroar View Post

(translation

From January until well even now, the US has maximized the odds of the virus spreading wide and deep in America, so now Trump and America are trying to use our "business acumen" to overcome the mistakes we made earlier this year.

And if we can buy all of the vaccines and antidotes to the virus, then we will leverage that monopoly on important products for our wealth and for our power. Never let a crisis go to waste.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    China made decision to continue their wet markets after Sars, they are 100% to blame for Corona, I want heads to roll for that.

Also, my post history, I usually side with China/Russia, so fuck this SJW contrarism ur doing, I would be even harsher if this was my own country being responsible for Sars n Corona. Anyone who isn't on board on fixing the conditions should be taken behind the shed n get the beating of their life.
    Good LA Times article explaining the difference between "wet markets" and "wildlife markets"

The problem is not "wet markets".

Quote Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
    I'm fine with killing and eating animals, but not torturing them prior to death. There is a distinction.
    They do Torture the Baby Chicks before killing them.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmouse View Post
    Except, nope, it would have made no damned difference.
    What are you derping about? Knowing about this shit and acknowledging it even one week earlier would have made a considerable difference.

Instead they were busy hounding the whistleblower doctor who tried to warn people back in fucking December.

You can bet your ass this will be their internal lessons learned for the next time. Sometimes trying to hush shit up is not the best way forward even for China, because virus does not give a fuck about politics and saving face.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2020-03-15 at 05:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by telygroar View Post

(translation

Dozens of companies are developing vaccines. CureVac is one of the less compelling ones. Also, this is hearsay - I wouldn't be surprised if something was lost in translation. USA first =/= only USA. I very highly doubt that the deal is being negotiated with vaccine use restricted to the USA.

Anyway, extending large financial incentives to a struggling company to develop a vaccine for the US first is in line with what a government can do to protect its people. Other market players will still develop vaccines, and I have no doubt that, for example, the Chinese government is playing a similar game with Chinese companies and possibly others through contracts that stipulate vaccines to be distributed to hardest-hit areas in China first.

Quote Originally Posted by Underverse View Post
    Dozens of companies are developing vaccines. CureVac is one of the less compelling ones. Also, this is hearsay - I wouldn't be surprised if something was lost in translation. USA first =/= only USA. I very highly doubt that the deal is being negotiated with vaccine use restricted to the USA.

Anyway, extending large financial incentives to a struggling company to develop a vaccine for the US first is in line with what a government can do to protect its people. Other market players will still develop vaccines, and I have no doubt that, for example, the Chinese government is playing a similar game with Chinese companies and possibly others through contracts that stipulate vaccines to be distributed to hardest-hit areas in China first.
    Yes ; but as you said, they're doing it to already chinese company, not foreign one.

Also
    which is based in Tübingen and works together with the federally owned Paul Ehrlich Institute for Vaccines and Biomedical Medicines
    its working with a federal deutsh agency already.

Every other country in the world has had more time and more information, and so far no one has been able to stop an outbreak. So to imply that the Chinese had any control over this with less is just fucking ignorant.

Obvious racist, nation-bashing, shit arguments are obvious.
    Well, they did silence and arrest people that were trying to warn people about the virus.

That's not to say China can be blamed for how other countries are dealing with coronavirus now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    They do Torture the Baby Chicks before killing them.
    Take this conversation elsewhere. This thread is about the coronavirus.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Italy having a really bad day

"Worse #coronavirus numbers yet in #Italy: 368 deaths in last 24 hours, almost twice the highest daily deaths in Italy so far, bringing total deaths to 1,809. Total cases almost 25,000."

https://twitter.com/MKWilliamsRome/s...41525894303745

China is to blame for the severity of this outbreak by downplaying it early on. But then again, many other countries have learned nothing from this and are making the very same mistakes. So it's not like you can blame China for everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreuger View Post
    Italy having a really bad day

"Worse #coronavirus numbers yet in #Italy: 368 deaths in last 24 hours, almost twice the highest daily deaths in Italy so far, bringing total deaths to 1,809. Total cases almost 25,000."

https://twitter.com/MKWilliamsRome/s...41525894303745
    Well, that's exactly how viruses like this work. The same thing is going to start happening elsewhere.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Well, that's exactly how viruses like this work. The same thing is going to start happening elsewhere.
    Sure, still worth to take note.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    His argument may not be popular but it's none of the things you suggest. It's a fact that if China had taken appropriate/responsible actions and made the right changes after Sars then there would be no current Coronavirus outbreak, it's also a fact that if they hadn't spent months pretending the current Coronavirus outbreak wasn't real and trying to cover it up then the outbreak would be nowhere near as bad as it is on a global scale.

Quote Originally Posted by Daronokk View Post
    China is to blame for the severity of this outbreak by downplaying it early on. But then again, many other countries have learned nothing from this and are making the very same mistakes. So it's not like you can blame China for everything.
    Pretty much this. You can be angry with China for how it handled the situation...but that doesn't change the reality we live in now. We all need to look to our own governments to show responsible leadership right now and hold them accountable if they do not.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    His argument may not be popular but it's none of the things you suggest. It's a fact that if China had taken appropriate/responsible actions and made the right changes after Sars then there would be no current Coronavirus outbreak, it's also a fact that if they hadn't spent months pretending the current Coronavirus outbreak wasn't real and trying to cover it up then the outbreak would be nowhere near as bad as it is on a global scale.
    I am pretty sure that every country would've done what China did with regards to keep quiet about it at first.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    I am pretty sure that every country would've done what China did with regards to keep quiet about it at first.
    Maybe...but that's speculation. WE don't know how other countries may have handled it...we do know how China did.