Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    If by "new level system" you mean the level squish .. that's just the new approach to the stat squish and also because we'd be at level 130 in SL. Sooner or later you have to get the levels and time it takes to level under control.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    Isn't that what this whole website is meant for?

Most redundant overused comment award goes to...

- - - Updated - - -

Look at that. A "blogpost" incited conversation out of you.
    This is a bizarrely and amusingly defensive thing to say.

Cicco's post was rubbish. He knows absolutely shit-all about SL, and provides no insight, no interesting ideas, he doesn't even have a fun "hot take". It's just vague moaning and terrible grammar. Accusations of "blog post" are thus, for once, absolutely spot on. This should have gone in 9.0 general discussion, not a separate thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who are you and why are your thoughts on Shadowlands important?

Your thoughts seem so moot, since we havn't had any updates on the game, since November..

People have been working full-time for many months on Shadowlands.. But you choose to look down upon their work, just because you read something 4 months ago.
    Last edited by This One Time At Bandcamp; 2020-03-15 at 06:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    This is a bizarrely and amusingly defensive thing to say.

Cicco's post was rubbish. He knows absolutely shit-all about SL, and provides no insight, no interesting ideas, he doesn't even have a fun "hot take". It's just vague moaning and terrible grammar. Accusations of "blog post" are thus, for once, absolutely spot on. This should have gone in 9.0 general discussion, not a separate thread.
    What, and the blog post comments aren't?

Get outta here with your Twitter buzzwords. Hot takes lmao.

Can't wait for you to be defending the expansion after SL after SL bombs too.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post

Look at that. A "blogpost" incited conversation out of you.
    And your point is?

It would be a good idea to wait to see it in a playable state before you waste much thought on this.
    As for buying it or not, that's not really an option unless you plan on quitting wow for 2 years.
    Not playing wow for 2 years worth of 15/m subs would be way more than the 40 dollars the expansion costs though of course.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

You never know they could drop a massive hype bomb on us and redesign classes add a new one... ya know just totally sweep BfA under the rug...

nah reskin bfa less effort

build new zones and tack on the same shit again rename it and were gonna play the same bland miserable classes with choice of ONE talent from a covenant doing endless WQ's for meager rewards
    Something something locked behind rep
    Something something to grind for a whole x-pac
    Something something professions suck

People want to hate on legion but yet fail to talk about how so many specs have felt like absolute dog s* defending blizz going into BfA
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Wrath of the Lich King was a patch!

Oh wait, it had a class. That's all people want from SL huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    And your point is?
    And what's your point about "blog posts"?

The post was to achieve discussion. It achieved that. Your comment brings nothing to the table relating to the topic.

These posts are so redundant. Just write: "I am a pessimist and i don't believe in Blizzard to make a good game. SO i wan't to make you all also feel bad about the future of the game. I don't actually know anything about it exactly like everyone else. But i made up my mind."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tru View Post
    You never know they could drop a massive hype bomb on us and redesign classes add a new one... ya know just totally sweep BfA under the rug...

nah reskin bfa less effort

build new zones and tack on the same shit again rename it and were gonna play the same bland miserable classes with choice of ONE talent from a covenant doing endless WQ's for meager rewards
    Something something locked behind rep
    Something something to grind for a whole x-pac
    Something something professions suck

People want to hate on legion but yet fail to talk about how so many specs have felt like absolute dog s* defending blizz going into BfA
    No. Not another rework of the classes... this gets annoying as hell. I don't think the classes feel bad just different. Odd one out? Sure. But not as bad as poeple make it out to be. We get more abilities, exactly what everyone wanted. GCD changes were reverted for some. For some not. Because they could just put them in as passives otherwise. Where put into trinket makros anyway.

You get One ability. Like all the expansions before everyone liked so much.
    Somthing behind rep has ALWAYS been that way. And sorry but that is how MMORPGS work. Otherwise you can play something like destiny. Looter shooter ahoi.
    Grind is not my favourite. But the AP grind was so easy this expansion there was not challenge anyway. Essences were shitty the second time around for alts. For the main i completely am for somthing like this.

I give you professions... shitty boring as hell... no idea why we even have them at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by CiccioBello View Post
    3) As there are no new / spec classes, I seem to have understood that there will not be an overhaul to the classes in general and that in essence they will be the same as those present in BFA. It is true that they have declared an UnPruning of the classes but at the same time Holinka also said that there will be no major changes to the classes which leaves me very perplexed. The two things do not go hand in hand, it is not possible to do an unPruning without necessarily reviewing the classes.
    One of the elephants in the room (I say 1 because unfortunately there are more than one in the room) by BfA, was a class design not up to par, too poor and superficial and after reading that an Overhaul class is not a thing you can do during an expansion (Ion's words) but it is a job that is done between one expansion and another, now that we are told that basically there will be no overhaul .. interesting.
    I think the class point is a huge issue for me. There is no doubt in my mind classes will be better than in bfa, solely because the covenant and soulbind system as well as legendaries will give way more class specific stuff than bfa ever did. That does not solve the hollowness a lot of classes feel after the removal of all the temporary systems of legion and the gcd change of bfa. Adding thematic and utility abilities for the most part or buff maintenance is okay for some and is obviously nice but one these are old things we are getting back, and two they don't solve the problems. At the very least I would like to see a pass to the talent trees and either look to make baseline ones that were massively used the longest, changes or removal to ones never used or disliked, etc. I still thing they should make changes to classes in general though, and was disgusted when they said during alpha they didn't have someone to go over shaman, and how it seemed a group of people was just tasked to make changes to as many classes as they could a month or two before release.

Classes are the most important thing to me and instead of always making temporary systems and gimmicky gear I wish they at least made sure they felt great on their own instead of hollow

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Well...that could happen. You know what I did after Star Wars movies disappointed me 4 times? I joined discussions on forums about "This is what SW needs to do to keep me paying for the ticket and buying the DvDs". I thought..oh well..Phantom Menace is the odd one. Clone Wars will fix it. And so on. In the end? I hated myself for not noticing sooner. True and proper fanboi.

Basically neither Lucasfilm, nor Disney gives two fucks about what "random poster det" says on a forum. So. I am leaving the franchise behind. I know all this shit about "Oh..I am just very passionate this is why I rage"

I think if you feel betrayed like you sound and expect it to go on....why give them your money still?
    Well said. I had a somewhat similar experience with the Hobbit films. I enjoyed the LOTR films despite the inconsistencies and omissions, because I thought they captured the spirit of the books very well. Some of it was Hollywood hijinks, but they were there.

From the moment I saw the first trailers for the Hobbit, I knew it would not make me happy, so I just avoided them, and have never felt any type of fomo about it.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"