Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    whaaat?
    "takes about 4 months from no cloak to 15"
    Idk if you know, but we are getting to 15 next week and it has only been 3 months...
    the catch up takes only about 3 weeks, not "4 months"
    next time look at your math, or even a calender?
    I imagine they are using the original numbers that had the back finishing in September. If not I hope somebody handles their money and any other things based with math.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Whats interesting to me is that people seems to think that getting rank 3 essences on their alts are going to make stuff so much more fun to do. I can barely notice any difference except some power increase from main with everything to alts that have maybe 1 rank 3 and rest 2 and 1, and maybe got 5 essences, It doesn't change the gameplay as much as people seem to think. Guildies of mine says the same, they are now going to play their alts. I think they will get a reality check when they actually get to see how little it will do.
    For me changing the mindset of knowing an alt is gutted for sure without certain traits or at a certain level when you get the part of the trait you really want. Plenty of minors get significantly better with the rank 3 version over a rank 1 also. The big change will be for people that only have the rank 1 crucible and nothing else, I know one of my alts has 2 empty minors because I don't want to deal with grinding anything for them and they are too far down the list to do the cloak stuff to unlock the corruption ones you get from there. Now my main has rank 3 or 4 on every trait they can get except blood for honor and that is only because I didn't want to spend the pvp marks on it, next week I will buy rank 2 and 3 is already unlocked via the achievement for honor earned. I am waiting until next week to make sure you can go from 0 or 1 to 3 and you don't need any other ranks prior to getting a boa 3 unlock.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    If people can't handle doing the same repetitive tasks over and over, they shouldn't make alts in the first place.
    this is a dumb argument. virtually everyone already made the alts. I've had max level alts since TBC, the same expansion I joined, and got even more serious about it when the wrath pre-patch hit and they totally altered feral druids which is what I was maining. so you're saying I shouldn't make alts now that I have to put considerably more time into them to make them viable except that's a moot point because I've been maxing them out every time I've been subbed. how about not responding back to me. I don't appreciate narrow-minded people and apologists -like haters- are nothing but narrow-minded. in case it's not clear enough that's you.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    I imagine they are using the original numbers that had the back finishing in September. If not I hope somebody handles their money and any other things based with math.
    Well yes, capping the cap entirely is in september. but to just get 15 is coming next week, but yes if you wanna MAX IT we gotta wait till september. but well thats only corruption resist.
    And anyone who comes back, literally can just get it done in like a few weeks...
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by terminaltrip421 View Post
    this is a dumb argument. virtually everyone already made the alts. I've had max level alts since TBC, the same expansion I joined, and got even more serious about it when the wrath pre-patch hit and they totally altered feral druids which is what I was maining. so you're saying I shouldn't make alts now that I have to put considerably more time into them to make them viable except that's a moot point because I've been maxing them out every time I've been subbed. how about not responding back to me. I don't appreciate narrow-minded people and apologists -like haters- are nothing but narrow-minded. in case it's not clear enough that's you.
    Its a public forum about an MMO. If you can't handle people replying to you, or disagreeing with you, go play Skyrim.

/ignored

P.S. I'll reply to anyone I damn well please, thanks.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2020-03-15 at 01:24 AM.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Well yes, capping the cap entirely is in september. but to just get 15 is coming next week, but yes if you wanna MAX IT we gotta wait till september. but well thats only corruption resist.
    And anyone who comes back, literally can just get it done in like a few weeks...
    Prior to them changing how fast you can rank up to 15 it would have taken people until the 2nd week of September to hit 15, which is part of the reason people were holding hope that the expansion would hit in October. As for as how long it will take to max out the new corruption cap on the cloak we have no idea and wont know until somebody actually hits it since it will almost certainly be altered somehow from now until then.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

its really suspicious that theyre announcing this without information on the cost. i think theyre setting themselves up for another shitstorm when the currency required will be astronomical or have a shit drop rate.

for example the wakening essence from legion. it took you like 2 weeks to acquire 1000

Quote Originally Posted by dewd View Post
    its really suspicious that theyre announcing this without information on the cost. i think theyre setting themselves up for another shitstorm when the currency required will be astronomical or have a shit drop rate.

for example the wakening essence from legion. it took you like 2 weeks to acquire 1000
    yeah i'll bet it will be like this but for legiondaries it was pointless when you already had them all while essences you will at least don't have to do content you don't like.

Funny how stupid people are...
    Have no alts atm, but if I was going to create one... Im happy for this
    I can skip the time consuming rep grinding essence and get them in 2-4 weeks, And in the time I could easy work on the "time-gated" ones so in 2-4 weeks I would have all rank 3 essence I would need
    Asus Sabertooth 990FX 2.0 | AMD FX-8320 @ 4.5GHz | Corsair H80i | 2x8GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz Cl9 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB Vapor-X GHz Edition |
    XFX ProSeries XXX 850W | Fractal Design Define R4 | Samsung 840 ProSerie 256GB | 3TB HDD

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=311625/...-wide-essences

Rejoice! They heard the feedback and actually made it happen in good time.

Edit: Haha, what a shocker. Mostly negativity from the usual suspects.
    Oh well, don't utilize the update then. For those of us still wanting to play, this is pretty sweet.

Why do that when they can just let their mind-authorities tell them what REALLY went down...?
    Seriously. If they don't listen, it's bad. If they do listen, it's bad anyway and they didn't really listen to feedback so "don't accept teh mediocrity!!"...

Utterly hopeless. At least they're happy on other forums.

From official channel: "Building on a great deal of feedback and discussion, we’re working on an update to the game."
    Nah, what is happening is that they found another forced currency grind. Nothing to see here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    its really fun . and community is 100000times better then in wow.

- - - Updated - - -

grinding is integral part of mmorpg.

true.

but grind that makes sense and gives your toons progression .

all you are getting is temporary borrowed power that you will be stripped off in 3 months with shadowlands prepatch .

you are supporting wasting time for nothing .
    The community was better than WoW's... 6 years ago. Now I couldn't tell you the difference, same shits, different game.

I big timegate gets replaced by a smaller timegate
    Blizzard at its best

I cant wait to see how small of a timegate it will be

If you can farm this currency at free will...mark me impressed.

I think it's probably too late to recapture all the subs that were lost because of essences, especially since corruption probably triggered ANOTHER wave of unsubs (it certainly made me unsub) that are unlikely to come back just for account-wide essences.

What this kind of "late fixing" in the vein of Legiondaries tells us is that they knew the design was fucked up from the start but kept it anyway to try and milk more subtime by having people go through grinds they knew were unreasonable and unnecessary for balance. Should we as players really reward that mentality by resubbing? Up to the individual to decide, I suppose.

For me personally, it's not enough. The vast power gaps based in the RNG corruption system are still keeping me from having fun the way I want to have fun. Blizzard has their design philosophy, I get that, but it doesn't align (anymore?) with my expectations of the game. Until it does, I'll stay unsubbed. There's plenty of other things to take my money and time instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Now pit that "grind" against doing the 1-2-3 Essence-route with alts.

What are you on about? If that system with 5 echoes for a lvl 3 essence and a weekly cap of 3 echoes is set, it's going to be horrible.

In 2.5 weeks, I managed to do it like this, on a fresh account:
    - CLF r2 and 1/3 into r3
    - Protocol r3
    - Iris r3
    - Breath r3
    - Strife r2
    - Flame r4
    Some other essences at r2 or r1, like Vision (Vision is pretty good at r1) and some tanking crap I don't need anyway.
    And I didn't really play that much, just did dailes every day in Uldum and Mechagon, some M+ with guildies...

Can you apply the math and tell me which system is faster?

LOL, I hope they will do it like 3 echoes for 1 essence, cap is 5 / week, this way you can get almost 2 essences per week. Or something even faster. Else the system is pure garbage and useless as a pile of crap.

Quote Originally Posted by DeusX View Post
    What are you on about? If that system with 5 echoes for a lvl 3 essence and a weekly cap of 3 echoes is set, it's going to be horrible.

In 2.5 weeks, I managed to do it like this, on a fresh account:
    - CLF r2 and 1/3 into r3
    - Protocol r3
    - Iris r3
    - Breath r3
    - Strife r2
    - Flame r4
    Some other essences at r2 or r1, like Vision (Vision is pretty good at r1) and some tanking crap I don't need anyway.
    And I didn't really play that much, just did dailes every day in Uldum and Mechagon, some M+ with guildies...

Can you apply the math and tell me which system is faster?

LOL, I hope they will do it like 3 echoes for 1 essence, cap is 5 / week, this way you can get almost 2 essences per week. Or something even faster. Else the system is pure garbage and useless as a pile of crap.
    And how much time have you put into it?
    Compare to what time 3 visions each week takes (and also the gathering of the vessels (that you will need for cloak on a new character anyways)...
    If you know can put time into it and get alot more, sure you will not benefit from it...
    Asus Sabertooth 990FX 2.0 | AMD FX-8320 @ 4.5GHz | Corsair H80i | 2x8GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz Cl9 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB Vapor-X GHz Edition |
    XFX ProSeries XXX 850W | Fractal Design Define R4 | Samsung 840 ProSerie 256GB | 3TB HDD

its really fun . and community is 100000times better then in wow.

- - - Updated - - -

grinding is integral part of mmorpg.

true.

but grind that makes sense and gives your toons progression .

all you are getting is temporary borrowed power that you will be stripped off in 3 months with shadowlands prepatch .

you are supporting wasting time for nothing .
    Community is better until you join savage raid, then you get the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Community is better until you join savage raid, then you get the same.
    dont know i play casualy .

dont care about nolifers communities

and for casual player ff14 is heaven compared to wow atm

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    Nah, what is happening is that they found another forced currency grind. Nothing to see here.

- - - Updated - - -

The community was better than WoW's... 6 years ago. Now I couldn't tell you the difference, same shits, different game.
    It aint forced, plus its not realyl a grind if it just comes from the stuff you do normaly..
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

dont know i play casualy .

dont care about nolifers communities

and for casual player ff14 is heaven compared to wow atm
    What do you mean casual? I am a casual and I am also a mythic raider. So what is casual for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Buttwitch View Post
    Yeah, imagine if a game was fun, and not a chore. Can't have that, games are supposed to be chores.
    WoW is fun. Of course, for entitield players, it's only fun when they are handed everything for free. I wonder how these players manage to live in the real world when nothing is handed to them.

Stood in the Fire october breeze's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Honestly, I love them. I'm going to play anyway so why not get a discount + free mount in the process? To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if this is their model going forward. Offer it to those who want it / will be playing and put the mount in the store separately for those who just want the mount.
    I admit that the sub fee is nothing but a drop in a bucket. But with continuously being subbed, you are supporting a bad product. Unless you truly enjoy BFA.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    yeah i'll bet it will be like this but for legiondaries it was pointless when you already had them all while essences you will at least don't have to do content you don't like.
    I thought you said that it was so hard get legendaries, so you must have needed some on your main and alts then? And shouldn't you already have all essences if it's so great? I've seen you talk about how easy they are to get and how great the system is. So you don't need this upcoming change either, like legendaries. You had them all remember. It took you 12 months to get the BiS one though you didn't need for offspec? It was only 4 months from the time you got BiS, until that system. And since it took 4 weeks to get one(your words) then you would have missed 5-8 legendaries. Something is not quite right.

And stop lying about how you got wakening essences. It's funny how you twist things to put stuff from BfA in a better light. You got wakening essences from the raid ,mythic+ (weekly chest), emissaries, pvp in Legion. Up to now you have had to do stuff you don't like to get some of essences. Like pvp if you are a pve'r only to get good essences, for many, BiS. With legendaries you could do raid and dungeons only and get them.

So in essence(pun) the system will most likely be exactly the same as wakening essences. No difference whatsoever.

I swear, some people. Why try to spin it as something was worse in one expansion when you describe that you think it will be the same as in Legion. There are no exceptions, nothing different. Exactly the same.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2020-03-16 at 01:11 AM.