Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    I've seen the same thing start happening here in Canada as well. It's really smart. Not only does it provide them with a much less stressful environment to shop in...it also keeps them safer from getting infected...they can be in and out before the crushing throng of the unwashed masses buying toilet paper as though it's the last they will ever be produced.
    What it should be is only an hour where these idiots who are buying everything can shop... Really being a pain to those of us who just do our normal shopping

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    The US needs to give stiff fines/penalties for those that do. I hate to say it but the stance on isolation breaking violation is pretty weak compared to other countries.
    You guys don't understand the US at all.
    Try this: Help wanted ad that wants only those that have recovered from the virus. Because immunity gained...can operate business as usual.

In a few days people will wonder why they panicked.

I've seen the same thing start happening here in Canada as well. It's really smart. Not only does it provide them with a much less stressful environment to shop in...it also keeps them safer from getting infected...they can be in and out before the crushing throng of the unwashed masses buying toilet paper as though it's the last they will ever be produced.
    I could see stores doing a special stocking for only elderly/disabled/families.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    What it should be is only an hour where these idiots who are buying everything can shop... Really being a pain to those of us who just do our normal shopping
    That would be nice...but harder to implement. I have seen stores put limits on how much you can buy of certain products and hopefully that helps...but then again, I've seen cashiers just decide to ignore those limits to avoid a confrontation...so who knows.

https://boston.cbslocal.com/2020/03/...only-covid-19/

Looks like I won't be going out to dinner on my birthday like usual this year.

I've seen cashiers just decide to ignore those limits to avoid a confrontation...so who knows.
    Which just isn't right, I know it's uncomfortable, but these people make normal people making normal buys have to worry about buying more because they either can't control themselves or want to profit.

Quote Originally Posted by Clickbait Mick View Post
    They need to full stop start killing people who refuse to self-isolate while showing symptoms.

Every country with more than 100 cases right now should have soldiers and cops patrolling the streets. Any large gathering being planned in defiance of community pleas should be forcibly dispersed with tear gas and rubber pellets at the very least.

People are fearing for their lives and shitheads who aren't worried for themselves are indirectly killing hundreds if not thousands.
    Jesus fucking christ?

"Yea self isolate and starve to death or else I'll kill you!"

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    Jesus fucking christ?

"Yea self isolate and starve to death or else I'll kill you!"
    Yeah, martial law.
    It will kill the entire economy and massive unemployment will make that even worse as companies are forced to close.

Quote Originally Posted by The Scourge of Azuremyst View Post
    Maybe youre right about him, but has to be noted that one doesnt need an account to be able to read stuff on the forums.
    Ty for pointing that out. I've been reading mmoc for about a year. Finally moved in from a very rural area with crap internet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    Exactly. People would say it's against their freedom or some crap. I'm sure it's effective in finding cases faster. Heaven forbid we have to right down information/get a temp check to ensure we know who could be a carrier or not. lol

- - - Updated - - -

The US needs to give stiff fines/penalties for those that do. I hate to say it but the stance on isolation breaking violation is pretty weak compared to other countries. i don't know bout the tear gas/rubber pellet thing but some serious action needs to be taken for those that break isolation.
    Try that in the US, and whoever gave the order would be committing political suicide.

The overreaction to this is real. The elderly, children, and the immunocompromised should stay home. I am none of those, & whoever tries to restrict my freedom of movement is going to have a bad day.

Well, I know I'll be going to work tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Phanius View Post
    The overreaction to this is real. The elderly, children, and the immunocompromised should stay home. I am none of those, & whoever tries to restrict my freedom of movement is going to have a bad day.
    Unless it's a uniformed officer, in which case you'll fall in line just like every other internet tough guy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Well, I know I'll be going to work tomorrow.
    I still have to. *shrug* The government here hasn't yet declared the business I work for inessential (they've shut all bars, restaurants, schools and day cares, though) so I get to play roulette daily this week, it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Unless it's a uniformed officer, in which case you'll fall in line just like every other internet tough guy.
    Absolutely not. But I can't convince you otherwise.

I do know that our local sheriff has said he will not enforce any freedom-killing order (his words). Whether it freedom of movement or any other.

Idk where you're from Benggaul. But in rural America, we don't take very well to be told what to do.

6500 deaths worldwide is a fart in a whirlwind.

Half a million a year from the flu, and the catastrophe profiteers are limping in with this coronavirus fearmongering. Give me a break.
    Last edited by Phanius; 2020-03-16 at 03:39 AM.

I do know that our local sheriff has said he will not enforce any freedom-killing order (his words). Whether it freedom of movement or any other.

Idk where you're from Benggaul. But in rural America, we don't take very well to be told what to do.
    Whatever you say, ITG. Whatever you say.

And I'm from rural America, and the only yokels who think they're above the law are the ones that end up in jail or in the grave. No skin off my nose which one you choose to pursue, really. Have a nice life. However fleeting.

------------------

In other news, the big bosses here decided we're all coming in to work regardless because fuck the public safety, I guess. They haven't been explicitly told not to by the government so they're thinking hard with their wallets. Unsurprising, given that the ones in charge don't actually have to come to the buildings themselves to work, so it'll just be us working stiffs taking the risks. Hooray! I'm going to have make sure I set up a meeting with one of them and have a nice, long coughing fit once this is all over.

10+ Year Old Account

Half a million a year from the flu, and the catastrophe profiteers are limping in with this coronavirus fearmongering. Give me a break.
    Again, your ignorance is on full display, and is not something to be proud about.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Freedumb over everything else. You and people like you are exactly why this country is hardstuck as a joke compared to other modern countries.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Again, your ignorance is on full display, and is not something to be proud about.
    Oh I assure you he's proud of it, his kind always is.

my work is now a "work from home if you are concerned" stage even though my area is 100% capable of being remote, and the state has said if your employes can work remotely make them...
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    Freedumb over everything else. You and people like you are exactly why this country is hardstuck as a joke compared to other modern countries.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh I assure you he's proud of it, his kind always is.
    Then refute my numbers. Compared to the flu, this things real impact is overblown.

As for the US being a joke? What others think of us is no concern of mine.

Ty for pointing that out. I've been reading mmoc for about a year. Finally moved in from a very rural area with crap internet.

- - - Updated - - -

Try that in the US, and whoever gave the order would be committing political suicide.

So...explain how would you handle people that break isolation and quarantine ?
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Then refute my numbers. Compared to the flu, this things real impact is overblown.

As for the US being a joke? What others think of us is no concern of mine.
    i remember when entire countries shut down every year for the flu...

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, like, I literally already did? Are you somehow unable to follow a simple dialogue?

I can refresh your memory:

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Yes, the death toll right now is 6500. One week ago, though, it was 3800. The flu has a death rate of 0.1%, while the observed death rate of COVID-19 is 3.8%, though it's likely to go down to a lack of adequate testing so far. The flu has vaccines and lots of relative immunity through prior exposure; COVID-19 has neither. The flu has a reproductive number of ~1.3, but COVID-19's reproductive number appears to be 2-3x that.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils