Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    ....Yesterday.

when it's ready, and not a day before. I'm willing to wait in limbo for another year if it means Shadowlands will be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    8.3 does not "have little content from a factual standpoint". It may, in your opinion, have little content you want to participate in, but it has just as much content as any other patch, it even has more story content then most patches.
    It actually does have significantly less content than many patches over the last two expansions. This is a fact, not an opinion. Let's break it down for you since you're clearly wrong.

8.3 offers:
    - 2 hour quest chain required to obtain your cloak
    - 2 Reps
    - Horrific Visions
    - 1 Raid
    - ~20 Daily Quests between 2 old zones that didn't get overhauled and some Open World events
    - 6 Legendary Pet Battles
    - 1 Pet Battle Dungeon
    - Very few rares that drop anything other than AP/BoA tokens
    - Heritage armor for Goblin/Worgen
    - 2 Allied Races

8.2 offered:
    - 2 hour Nazjatar quest chain
    - 45 minute Faction campaign including a story scenario
    - Multiweek chain to create your own Mech Spider Mount
    - 2 Reps
    - ~30 World Quests
    - ~20 Daily Quests
    - Open World events every ~hour including a World PvP event
    - Follower system
    - 1 Mega-Dungeon
    - 1 Raid
    - 2 entirely new zones
    - Essence System
    - Gnome and Tauren Heritage Armor
    - Pathfinder P2 to unlock Flying
    - 20 Legendary Pet Battles
    - 1 Pet Battle Dungeon
    - Dozens of rares that drop pets/mounts/toys/fun on use objects
    - 2 non-Raid Meta-Achievements to unlock unique Mounts(one per zone)
    - Potion, Flask, Food update

So already 8.3 is significantly outshined, but let's not stop there.

8.1 had:

- Darkshore Quest Chain that unlocked Night Elf Black Eyes
    - Quest Chain for Dazar'alor raid
    - Xal'atath Quest Chain
    - Quest chain to explain what happened to Grizzek and Saffy that granted a Pet
    - Darkshore Warfront
    - 2 New Raids
    - Blood Elf and Dwarf Heritage Armor
    - Paragon Reps
    - 1 Pet Battle Dungeon
    - Faction Incursions
    - Darkshore World Quests in the revamped Darkshore
    - Several new rares in Darkshore, most of which dropped a Mount/Pet/Toy
    - 5 new Heirlooms for levelers, including a EXP nerf for those players
    - 100 Reputation Achievement for a Mount and Title
    - 2 Allied Races

WOW the last two content patches all had significantly more content. Now I'll stop there, but if you're still so sure of yourself, I'm more than willing to move back into Legion content patches for you too.
    Last edited by Zyky; 2020-03-16 at 12:54 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    It actually does have significantly less content than many patches over the last two expansions. This is a fact, not an opinion. Let's break it down for you since you're clearly wrong.

8.3 offers:
    - 2 Reps
    - Horrific Visions
    - 1 Raid
    - ~20 Daily Quests between 2 old zones that didn't get overhauled and some Open World events
    - 1 Pet Battle Dungeon
    - 2 Allied Races

8.2 offered:
    - Quest chain to explain what happened to Grizzek and Saffy that granted a Pet
    - 2 Reps
    - ~30 World Quests
    - ~20 Daily Quests
    - Follower system
    - 1 Mega-Dungeon
    - 1 Raid
    - 2 entirely new zones
    - Essence System
    - 1 Pet Battle Dungeon

So already 8.3 is significantly outshined, but let's not stop there.

8.1 had:

- Darkshore Quest Chain that unlocked Night Elf Black Eyes
    - Quest Chain for Dazar'alor raid
    - Xal'atath Quest Chain
    - Darkshore Warfront
    - 2 New Raids
    - Blood Elf and Dwarf Heritage Armor
    - Paragon Reps
    - 1 Pet Battle Dungeon
    - Faction Incursions
    - Darkshore World Quests in the revamped Darkshore
    - Several new rares in Darkshore, most of which dropped a Mount/Pet/Toy
    - 5 new Heirlooms for levelers, including a EXP nerf for those players
    - 100 Reputation Achievement for a Mount and Title
    - 2 Allied Races

WOW the last two content patches all had significantly more content. Now I'll stop there, but if you're still so sure of yourself, I'm more than willing to move back into Legion content patches for you too.
    You forgot corruptions and multiple other quest chains throughout the zones to further the story of the zone. There's a lot more to 8.3 than you give it credit for.

And you overstate things for other patches flasks? Food? Really? Btw, pretty sure that 100 rep achieve was in prepatch, not 8.1. Also, 8.2 added followers, not created a whole system.

You forgot corruptions and multiple other quest chains throughout the zones to further the story of the zone. There's a lot more to 8.3 than you give it credit for.
    Corruption is NOT content, it's a system, you have no control over the acquisition of it. What "multiple other quest chains", you mean the 5 minute ones to go out into Kun-lai? Again doesn't even remotely compare to any other patch.

And you overstate things for other patches flasks? Food? Really?
    It's content because it required new mats to craft, meaning you actually had to do something NEW for the NEW foods/flasks/pots.

Btw, pretty sure that 100 rep achieve was in prepatch, not 8.1.
    The 100 Rep achievement was 8.1 go look at the patch notes.

Also, 8.2 added followers, not created a whole system.
    1 new Follower that I didn't even put in my list.

So again, you have NOTHING to counter what I said. 8.3 has SIGNIFICANTLY LESS CONTENT and that's a FACT.
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

8.3 offers:
    - 2 Reps
    - Two Horrific Visions with many rewards, achievements and ways to play.
    - 1 Raid (12 encounters)
    - 1 Pet Battle Dungeon
    - 2 Allied Races

- Corrupted Gear system
    - Multiweek chain to create your own Aquir Flying Mount
    - Auction House Overhaul
    - Two new M+ Dungeons
    - 26 New Mounts to Collect
    - New Dynamic questing zones that change throughout the week
    - Events and Puzzle world events that substitute world quests
    - Faction neutral world pvp

8.2 offered:
    - 2 Reps
    - ~30 World Quests
    - ~20 Daily Quests
    - Follower system
    - 1 Mega-Dungeon
    - 1 Raid (8 Encounters)
    - 2 entirely new zones
    - Essence System
    - 1 Pet Battle Dungeon
    Your post is disingenuous. I don't think you're wrong, you've just exaggerated your point.

Corruption is NOT content, it's a system, you have no control over the acquisition of it. What "multiple other quest chains", you mean the 5 minute ones to go out into Kun-lai? Again doesn't even remotely compare to any other patch.

It's content because it required new mats to craft, meaning you actually had to do something NEW for the NEW foods/flasks/pots.

The 100 Rep achievement was 8.1 go look at the patch notes.

1 new Follower that I didn't even put in my list.

So again, you have NOTHING to counter what I said. 8.3 has SIGNIFICANTLY LESS CONTENT and that's a FACT.
    Corruption is indeed content, just because you don't like it doesn't make it not content, you do have to actively partake in it, it does lead to decision making. We get it you hate BfA and 8.3, but there is no drought going on. Even if your false claim of 8.3 "lacking content" were true, most people are still progressing the patch through their desired content.

Don't even know why I bother, you never have anything positive to say about the game in any post.

15+ Year Old Account
    Easy answer. When it's ready.
    Here is something to believe in!

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    With next weekly reset.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Quote Originally Posted by chorx View Post
    Your post is disingenuous. I don't think you're wrong, you've just exaggerated your point.
    Few things, you're trying to be disingenuous worse than I am by double dipping like saying "26 mounts" when example 2 of them are tied to Allied races, so please don't attempt to call me disingenuous by editing my post to try and make 8.3 not look like a large piece of shit.

1) Corruption and the Auction House Overhaul are not content. You have no control over choosing these which makes them systems which is why they are NOT on the list.
    2) M+ dungeons is literally not new content, same reason I didn't list Heroic Warfronts.
    3) I mentioned the world events many of them are copy/pasted throughout the same zone to make it look like they made the patch bigger, there were also world events in 8.2

- - - Updated - - -

Corruption is indeed content, just because you don't like it doesn't make it not content, you do have to actively partake in it, it does lead to decision making. We get it you hate BfA and 8.3, but there is no drought going on. Even if your false claim of 8.3 "lacking content" were true, most people are still progressing the patch through their desired content.

Don't even know why I bother, you never have anything positive to say about the game in any post.
    Content is something you do and have a certain level of control over. A system is something in the game that you have no control over. Corruption is a system, not content. It is a FACT that 8.3 has significantly less content, you're just trying to white knight when the game has nothing to do for the next 6+ months.

As for your attempt to slander me, I have plenty of good to say about previous patches, but I'm not going to sit here and watch you outright lie about how amazing a garbage patch is.
    Last edited by Zyky; 2020-03-16 at 01:17 AM.
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Content is something you do and have a certain level of control over. A system is something in the game that you have no control over. Corruption is a system, not content. It is a FACT that 8.3 has significantly less content, you're just trying to white knight when the game has nothing to do for the next 6+ months.
    There's still plenty to do before a drought hits, most people aren't done raiding or pushing M+ or doing whatever they do outside of that. There will be a drought but we still have time on that. I ain't white knighting anything, this expansion was garbage for the first 2 patches (8.0 and 8.1) kind of ok in 8.2, and finally became good in 8.3.

And you do have to interact with corruption, you may not have control over getting it, but you have full control of what to do with it.

There's still plenty to do before a drought hits, most people aren't done raiding or pushing M+ or doing whatever they do outside of that. There will be a drought but we still have time on that. I ain't white knighting anything, this expansion was garbage for the first 2 patches (8.0 and 8.1) kind of ok in 8.2, and finally became good in 8.3.
    The game is in drought now though, the majority of people who play this game are not raiders or key pushers, which is fine. WoD is an amazing example of what happens when your only content is raiding and dungeons for several months.

And you do have to interact with corruption, you may not have control over getting it, but you have full control of what to do with it.
    Again having to interact with it does not make it content, it's a system. The same way Titanforging or Reforging was not content, they were systems. I'm not sure what's so hard for you to understand here. Content is something YOU DO and a System is something in the game that just happens and you work around.
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

The game is in drought now though, the majority of people who play this game are not raiders or key pushers, which is fine. WoD is an amazing example of what happens when your only content is raiding and dungeons for several months.

Again having to interact with it does not make it content, it's a system. The same way Titanforging or Reforging was not content, they were systems. I'm not sure what's so hard for you to understand here. Content is something YOU DO and a System is something in the game that just happens and you work around.
    We'll just have to agree to disagree on content.

And the people who don't raid/pvp/push m+ are going to do the same thing they've always done, pet battle, collect transmog, make gold, whatever floats their boat. The game really never caters to these people, story questlines are always short, there's never much world content outside of dailies/wq, etc. They make their own game up.

We'll just have to agree to disagree on content.
    You can disagree and be wrong all you want, the fact is content is something you can actively do. You can't actively do corruption.

And the people who don't raid/pvp/push m+ are going to do the same thing they've always done, pet battle, collect transmog, make gold, whatever floats their boat. The game really never caters to these people, story questlines are always short, there's never much world content outside of dailies/wq, etc. They make their own game up.
    And I mentioned all that in my list, which still proves that 8.3 is LACKING CONTENT COMPARED TO EVERY OTHER PATCH lmao. You just don't get it do you?
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

No poll?

Preferably November.

You can disagree and be wrong all you want, the fact is content is something you can actively do. You can't actively do corruption.

And I mentioned all that in my list, which still proves that 8.3 is LACKING CONTENT COMPARED TO EVERY OTHER PATCH lmao. You just don't get it do you?
    It's not, but you do you. And yes, you do do things with corruption, it is content.

right now Shadowlands for sale in shop says: available on or before 31 Dec 2020

so blizzard has built in the time.

Probably next year if they have any shutdowns/inconveniences with working from home from the old corona

10+ Year Old Account
    When it's ready. Release it in 2021 if it needs to be. But I don't want another failed expansion.
    | Mokenuf | Varianna | Devona | Katzine | Gokkash | Vëcna | Shaggra | Snookí | Vekuh | Segath | Zhìyù | Sierenna | Tyranikus |

It's not, but you do you. And yes, you do do things with corruption, it is content.
    It really is, you just refuse to accept it because you want to be right even when proven wrong. You get corruption from content, corruption is NOT content.
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.