Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    Yeah, except we already earned the reward.
    You earned the rewards on your main. Not on your alt. Your alt is not your new main. What's next?
    • "I've already worked through the leveling experience. Blizzard, make it so all our new characters automatically level up to match our highest level character!"
    • "I've already worked through the gear grind. Blizzard, make it so all our new characters automatically get the exact same item level gear as our most geared character!"
    • "I've already worked through the rep grind. Blizzard, make it so all our new characters automatically get the same rep levels as our character with the most reps!"
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    This isnt your personal blog and blizzard doesnt read these trash forums

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Well...that is great. Not sure what x-pac it was, but I remember ppl asking for an alternative to mythic raiding. You know..do difficult content with a tight knit group (ideally with friends). Seems Blizzard found that for you with mythic +

(ofc there are also threads how "mythic+ killed WoW" - but that just fits perfectly with what goes on in this forum)
    It was wod.
    Wod introduced mythic raiding, and with no post launch dungeons, people were mad that dungeons had 0 use after the first 2 weeks of the expac, and wanted a mythic mode for dungeons.
    Which got added, but still wasnt enough, cause then they also got outclassed eventually.
    so then with legion, they added mythic+

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    Yeah, except we already earned the reward.
    No RPG is like this.
    "I got a pokemon to level 100, all other pokemon should be level 100"
    "I got this party member fully geared out, all my others should be geared out!"
    "I maxed out my Fl4k my Mose should automatically max out too!"

You earn the reward, on a mage, or lock, or dk.
    But if you want that reward on another charecter, you gotta earn it.

Look to the challenge mode and pvp armors of the past.
    You didnt get the DK set, then unlock all the others, cause that would be stupid
    "I proved i am a good dk! so that means i am good at all other classes obviously, so they should all also unlock!"

Imagine if you did the easiest mage tower challenge, and then it unlocked ALL the mage tower skins, how fucking bullshit that would be.

"I proved i could complete outlaw rogue mage tower, that means i can complete them all, so i deserve them all right now blizz!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Quote Originally Posted by aeuhe4yxzhds View Post
    We want content but we dont want to do it again on our alts: the thread
    Thanks, I was trying to figure out how to word my response. You did it for me <3

Stood in the Fire october breeze's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    16 pages thread since yesterday.
    WTF happened? everyone working from home now? ^.^

3. That kind of defeats the point of covenants. Why would I level four alts, one per covenant, if I could just do all four on one character?
    5. Blizzard doesn't have control over people being stupid. They added the dungeon journal boss breakdown, more detailed tutorial-like alerts of mechanics in LFR, and even added a built in voice chat, not their fault LFR doesn't use them.
    7. It was good in Legion, not BFA because azerite gear was constantly replaced so it didn't feel like steady progression. It worked well with essences.
    8+9 seem directly related in that yes, no more corruption please. 50+% of your dps coming from these passive random effects is ludicrous.
    10. This runs directly contrary with #1, you know that right? Think essences. Great ongoing character progression, bad for alts. They're directly related.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a player that returned in 8.3 one thing i really loathe is how EVERYTHING is behind an artificial time gate. I get why they do it but its a horrible design, and especially bad for players that are behind. I dont anticipate they will change that but it will probably keep me from buying SL.

Quote Originally Posted by Gonfer View Post
    You ask a lot here. I mean, that would deinstall all of battle.net. Imagine i still would like to play Diablo 3, as i once bought it?
    You could just uninstall wow and showed them. Diablo is something else all together.

.. if you want to keep me as a player:

1.) Make Shadowlands alt friendly
    2.) Do not hide Thorgast behind a grind
    3.) Make reputations account based
    4.) Add a ton of content instead of a a ton of time gates or effort gates
    5.) Make LFR bearable, and not a wipe party
    6.) Add back PVP vendors instead of bar filling games
    7.) Remove Azerite Power / Anima Power / Artefact power / whatever power and do not replace it by a new label
    8.) Remove Titanforging / Corruption / <new name for Shadowlands> and do not replace it by a new label
    9.) Make pvp fair again
    10.) Make my playtime worthwile, give me an ongoing character progression from accessible solo or group content

and

11.) Be less greedy, Ion, listen? LESS greedy. Let me play what i want to play, and do not try to force me into your wet dream of gameplay. I will NEVER join a premade group for raids or dungeons.

But as i know that you, Ion, would rather troll your customers than to listen to their feedback, it is very likely i will not going to play Shadowlands. As i know you and your alikes reactions to feedback already. You know, people asking you to remove Titanforging, and you adding Corruption. Or people telling you they like flying and you removing it. All those little meanies you thought would be funny.
    When was pvp ever fair?

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    When was pvp ever fair?
    Season 15.

Quote Originally Posted by Monolithi View Post
    Well, if he wants to keep me as player, he should do exactly the opposite of all things you mentioned. Ok, except no.1
    Now he got his feedback from forums.
    Now, what would be his course of action?
    Nothing, as usual. Or do you think he cares about me or you?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dess View Post
    You could just uninstall wow and showed them. Diablo is something else all together.
    I already unsubed WoW. I am sure that is enough to show them my disgust.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    When was pvp ever fair?
    They tried stat tables in early legion. It was not really working, as they did it half assed. But it was a start.

Full normalization is the key feature.

They will never do that, because Ion loves one hitting pure pvp players with his mythic+ equipped char. "Play fair, play nice"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I think as a game designer you just need to be aware that you will never please everyone. And hey...if there are games that do the things that you like so much better...go play those /shrug
    It would be a start if the devs start to cater to majorities instead of catering to minorities.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Candy Crush is time gated. You get a certain number of failures per hour. You want more tries after that? You wait, or you pay $$$.

Eventually, they throw in levels that are nearly impossible, to sell more lives and boosts. It's the F2P business model.
    Why should they go f2p only, if they can melk their customers with both subs and microtransactions?
    Last edited by Gonfer; 2020-03-16 at 06:48 AM.

.. if you want to keep me as a player:

1.) Make Shadowlands alt friendly
    2.) Do not hide Thorgast behind a grind
    3.) Make reputations account based
    4.) Add a ton of content instead of a a ton of time gates or effort gates
    5.) Make LFR bearable, and not a wipe party
    6.) Add back PVP vendors instead of bar filling games
    7.) Remove Azerite Power / Anima Power / Artefact power / whatever power and do not replace it by a new label
    8.) Remove Titanforging / Corruption / <new name for Shadowlands> and do not replace it by a new label
    9.) Make pvp fair again
    10.) Make my playtime worthwile, give me an ongoing character progression from accessible solo or group content

and

11.) Be less greedy, Ion, listen? LESS greedy. Let me play what i want to play, and do not try to force me into your wet dream of gameplay. I will NEVER join a premade group for raids or dungeons.

But as i know that you, Ion, would rather troll your customers than to listen to their feedback, it is very likely i will not going to play Shadowlands. As i know you and your alikes reactions to feedback already. You know, people asking you to remove Titanforging, and you adding Corruption. Or people telling you they like flying and you removing it. All those little meanies you thought would be funny.
    if you refuse to join premade groups,im preeeeetty sure mmo's arent for you,think its time to find something new

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tyron View Post
    You guys really overestimate the power that Ion has as game director. Yes, he probably ends up deciding the final decision, but not after the higher-ups have told him several times to redesign the initial idea.
    no one above ion makes gameplay and design choices...they maybe set goals but actual ingame stuff is up to the devs,and ion most likely just aproves or gives imput

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Buttwitch View Post
    Your ideas are excellent. A few problems, though:
    1. Blizzard's resources aren't unlimited. Especially now since there are less than 2 million active subs. No! I don't want to hear "Herp derp, how do you know? They don't release sub numbers anymore". Just use common sense, and don't be a fucking shill! YOU KNOW THIS TO BE TRUE!
    2. Players with lots of time on their hands, will eat through all that content in 1 - 2 months, and then they will whine about having nothing to do until the next major content patch.
    3. Activision is VERY greedy. They HAVE to be greedy in order to show to the shareholders that constant growth, and growth can only happen if Activision's profits are higher and higher every quarterly report. When you sell a product to a limited amount of customers, the only way for you to get more money than the customers pay for your product, is to make them buy all sorts of accessories that go with the product, so that your revenue increases past what you got from selling the boxed product. It's not a matter of Ion being greedy, it's a matter of Activision DEMANDING him to be greedy, and him wanting to keep his job.
    lol your nr 1 point sound like something a religious fanatic would say ''god is real! you know he is!'',no...we dont know the subs,personaly i feel like there are more players these days in the world than there were in wod when wow was at its lowest reported of 5m,its honestly annoying how many people are in uldum and vale

Let me play what i want to play, and do not try to force me into your wet dream of gameplay. I will NEVER join a premade group for raids or dungeons.
    As someone who quit WoW since Cata, just stop making these demands and quit WoW cuz the game is obviously not for you. Just wishing the game is something its not is not gonna make it easier for you or for anyone for that matter.

If you want to play a singleplayer game, then just play a singleplayer game. MMOs are gonna be designed for multiplayer and for grinds, no matter how you choose to play you have no reason to being catered to when the game hasn't been 'less greedy' for dare I say a decade now. You don't matter to bLizzard, and you staying subbed only shows how you are willing to continue playing a game that doesn't even cater to you anymore.

There are so many games in the world now, why not play something else? Its a matter of willpower to quit WoW.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2020-03-16 at 07:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post

lol your nr 1 point sound like something a religious fanatic would say ''god is real! you know he is!'',no...we dont know the subs,personaly i feel like there are more players these days in the world than there were in wod when wow was at its lowest reported of 5m,its honestly annoying how many people are in uldum and vale
    Translation: "I suspect the truth, but I don't want to hear it and I don't want to believe it because I really don't like it".

Which one of us sounds more fanatical? The one who questions God, or the one who doesn't and thinks that God can do no wrong?

Translation: "I suspect the truth, but I don't want to hear it and I don't want to believe it because I really don't like it".

Which one of us sounds more fanatical? The one who questions God, or the one who doesn't and thinks that God can do no wrong?
    suspecting something with no actual proof is kinda silly

I can’t believe the amount of players that play WoW solo without a guild and just pug everything. Blows my mind. I guess they enjoy pain?

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    suspecting something with no actual proof is kinda silly
    Not when there are plenty of HINTS!
    Of course, shills don't want to see the hints because they don't like what they are pointing at. It's a measure of protecting oneself from a hurtful truth.

Here's the most obvious HINT: If the sub count was something to brag about, Blizzard would have already bragged about it. This would have not only an effect on the community, but also on potential share buyers. Wouldn't have to give actual numbers, would be suffice to say the sub count is greater than in WoD or Legion. But they don't. Why? Because there is nothing there to brag about.

Here's another obvious HINT: Content in SL seems to be the lowest ever. No new races, no new classes, no new specs, no new talents(?), just more visions now called Tower of Torghast, and of course dungeons and raids. Why? Maybe because there are much fewer paying subs and so the budget is obviously lower than in previous expansions?

Yes, more hints for shills to handwave.
    Last edited by The Butt Witch; 2020-03-16 at 07:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another one who thinks, devs cheking sites like MMO-Champion. xD

But on serious note. Nope not gonna happend, because Activision since 2016 taken much control on Blizzard.

Right, because Greg Street wanted raids harder. What a loser.
    No he just wanted people to not be dumb

A player told him lfr needed a higher drop rate because his guild was stuck on stone guards 10n and they needed gear

He told them they needed a better strat

They threw a tantrum saying they were great players and just needed more gear because without lfr it’s too overtuned

He told them it was cleared before lfr so they need to get good

Blizzard made a mistake in letting the less skilled players depend on the shroud of skill provided by things like constantly tossing gear at them and letting them clear all content.

We are now here with players demanding an mmo change to not have any challenge or requirements for anything. You don’t want any challenge so you complain about the content requiring minimal effort outside of your comfort zone but at the same time you bitch about those that succeed in that environment so your solution is to tantrum until you get what you want no matter who is negatively effected.

- - - Updated - - -

Not when there are plenty of HINTS!
    Of course, shills don't want to see the hints because they don't like what they are pointing at. It's a measure of protecting oneself from a hurtful truth.

Here's the most obvious HINT: If the sub count was something to brag about, Blizzard would have already bragged about it. This would have not only an effect on the community, but also on potential share buyers. Wouldn't have to give actual numbers, would be suffice to say the sub count is greater than in WoD or Legion. But they don't. Why? Because there is nothing there to brag about.

Here's another obvious HINT: Content in SL seems to be the lowest ever. No new races, no new classes, no new specs, no new talents(?), just more visions now called Tower of Torghast, and of course dungeons and raids. Why? Maybe because there are much fewer paying subs and so the budget is obviously lower than in previous expansions?

Yes, more hints for shills to handwave.
    We don’t know how torghast works

4 campaigns compared to 1 or 2

No new talent row but new talents and new skills and soulbinds are new talents

Level revamp and alts getting covenants immediately along with WQ

More race customization

And largest first raid in over 8 years

But please return to the YouTube comments circle jerking your buds claiming all others are shills

I already unsubed WoW. I am sure that is enough to show them my disgust.
    "If you want to keep me as a player..." in the OP.

If that ship has already sailed, why bother?

You're like a boy stalking "my bitchy ex".