10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind the zoom zoom, In fact I prefer that. It's the zoom zoom DEAD out of nowhere, from one of the million on-death effects that those mobs have that sucks right now.
    Last edited by Enjeh; 2020-03-16 at 03:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Started mapping, fucking hate the league mechanic already. Can't see a fucking thing, constantly getting chain-stunned/staggered to death with little to no warning, huge damage spikes out of nowhere.

I'm so fucking tired of PoE always feeling like you're either crushing everything or getting one shot due to the speed, and this league being a "GOTTA CLEAR SUPER FAST" mega...again, isn't helping
    Its the only way for the game to be "dangerous" and "challenging" for the people playing for years, or the whole streamers/content creators that are a bit better at the game.

Its the same with the irrelevant Shaper change "You cant dmg him for 8 seconds", because "Bad" publicity by videos of him getting destroyed in mirror gear on standard, like it even fucking matters.

Frankly, i no longer have the time to waste on meme builds, i went spellslinger/kinetic bolt to power siphon till level 55, then said fuck this, it just sucks ass, its just Poet's Pen with mana reservation, aka you cant use auras aka shit build by default, and went for Bane low life CI or just quitting this league otherwise.

Spellslinger is another "Good on paper and for mapping, but good luck at bosses" shit ability, the mana reservation is retarded, supposedly replacing an aura i guess, but wand attacks for anything other than leveling or MF..eh, no.

My deaths are 90% "Flame Dash into stunlock" cause i dont give a fuck tbh, rather than actual delirium, which is the 1/10 deaths when i reach the other end of the map and randomly get 1 shot by random shock mechanic that i cant see

Its the same as Metamorph, never stop moving-->Reduce deaths by 99%.

Hopefully they wont take 2-3 weeks to fix most of the problems..But who am i kidding, i will be level 92+ and burnt out and done with the league before they fix it.
    Last edited by potis; 2020-03-16 at 10:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Enjeh View Post
    I don't mine the zoom zoom, In fact I prefer that. It's the zoom zoom DEAD out of nowhere, from one of the million on-death effects that those mobs have that sucks right now.
    The second league in a row with black mobs on black ground effects doing black spells that deal big damage really isn't helping.
    Whoever thought this mist was a good idea after the many complains about visuals in Metamorph needs to be removed from the decision process.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enjeh View Post
    Basically when changing zone it does not register as you are dual-wielding, unless they haven't fixed it already, remove and equip a weapon or just do a quick weapon swap and it goes back to normal.
    Apparently it only effects people using 2 swords at the same time. Just plain swords, too. Thrusting swords are fine.

So, as someone planning to use Rapiers, I'll be fine.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    , and went for Bane low life
    How's that going btw, I used to play bane back in Synthesis when it was implemented and while map clear was good, I struggled on bosses a lot and haven't played it since then. And that was before they had the brilliant idea to buff boss hp by 400% in 3.9.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    How's that going btw, I used to play bane back in Synthesis when it was implemented and while map clear was good, I struggled on bosses a lot and haven't played it since then. And that was before they had the brilliant idea to buff boss hp by 400% in 3.9.
    Soulrend 4 link as backup DPS i guess.

I barely played with the combination of M+ weeklies etc (as a tank/raidleader/GM life is hard when you have people to boost because they dont pug cause you babysit their asses -.-) so i am far away from Low life, still 79 .

For now at 5 link level 17? it seems to be around 100k DPS bane/despair+3 dps supports wise,(No wither yet, slacking the red sockets) everything to T5 (havent unlocked the rest yet) melts as expected, Bosses take like ~9 seconds to die without casting soulrend etc, it aint THAT bad.

I believe with the new "level to chaos skill gems" on Shield and Wand, you can pretty much scale it much higher than when it was introduced, or a staff with +3 + supports+ empower to get it to 30? or so.

I think last league i saw some 1.5-2mil on PoE ninja, it just doesnt scale as much as other chaos ones, but the quad curses makes it rather safe, with pretty much Immortal call 2-3 seconds 24/7 cause of Warlords Mark for mapping, Enfeeble and Temporal Chains.

And the Soulrend 4 link, or even 5link with some Elder Helm maybe can be the backup for ST.
    Last edited by potis; 2020-03-16 at 01:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm at level 85 on my assassin poison blade vortex, about 1.2 mil shaper dps with wither totems down. Managed to find an Obliteration (private league so no trade) so my clear is good. Problem is just the overtuned the Delirium mobs are. I can clear maps to red no problem, but as soon as i hit the mirror, they scale too high. Curious to see what today's manifesto will be. Unless it addresses the overscaling of mobs, i might be calling this a pretty short league. Neat mechanic but i don't enjoy playing a league with a 100 additional porcupine mobs and kamikaze dudes.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I’ve been enjoying The league but that’s likely because i think I’ve found a glitched cluster jewel combo which is making my damage way higher then it other wise would be. At this point I’m just kinda hoping they don’t find the likely glitch and fix it as it would Murder my build.

Sadly, this remains accurate. Stopping to animate a few more weapons is what ends up killing me more often than not.

I fucking hate this but I guess it's "my fault". I always try something "new" to start a league, and animate weapon seems like it could be fun. But between that super annoying first-character gear hump and the fact that all I can think about when mapping and doing delirium is, "Man, this shit would be so much better/faster/easier on a cyclone character."

Will likely stick with this character until I'm at least 80ish in the hopes I can make something work. Can try to swap to a vanilla summoner or hope that I've made enough currency to get a good start on a tec slam jug for my next character.

Sadly, this remains accurate. Stopping to animate a few more weapons is what ends up killing me more often than not.

I fucking hate this but I guess it's "my fault". I always try something "new" to start a league, and animate weapon seems like it could be fun. But between that super annoying first-character gear hump and the fact that all I can think about when mapping and doing delirium is, "Man, this shit would be so much better/faster/easier on a cyclone character."

Will likely stick with this character until I'm at least 80ish in the hopes I can make something work. Can try to swap to a vanilla summoner or hope that I've made enough currency to get a good start on a tec slam jug for my next character.
    Animate weapon is no way in hell a starter character, out of the summoners its tryhard as hell :P

I would consider it a secondary character..You know the "I farmed 10 exalted extra after my first character is done gearing, lets gear up something else".

Animate weapon is no way in hell a starter character, out of the summoners its tryhard as hell :P

I would consider it a secondary character..You know the "I farmed 10 exalted extra after my first character is done gearing, lets gear up something else".
    Does it have any mandatory uniques? Or specific gear requirements? I'm not into summoners but I thought all you do is spam bladefall and animate the blades from it.

That's one reason why I enjoyed my bane witch, just dot and run, but sadly it has a bit low damage ceiling and won't reach "5 shapers per second" values. I think back in the days when I played it I had like 300k dps realistically, nowadays people supposedly can reach up to 2mil on it, but other builds can reach 20-50 mil so there's that.

P.S. Also that's the reason why I'm dissatisfied with spellcaster arsenal, except dots like bane or vortex a lot of "viable" spells are channelling, can't move or it interrupts, which gets you killed more often than not. Guess that's why people keep going back to spells you can cast and move like storm brand or essence drain and the new "mana rune" spell will probably be delegated into "meme bracket".

The only popular channelling ability is cyclone and guess what, it's the only one you can channel while moving.

Meanwhile most remaining spells are only played on mines, totems or maybe on the new spellslinger wand builds... Self casting is in a poor state imo.
    Last edited by Marrilaife; 2020-03-16 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Self casting is in a poor state imo.
    It has been since forever, as i have said many times before, they fucked up, they had a chance to "Slow down" the game and have it be more click-dodge skill based reactions rather than "If you kill it before it plays, you win always".

And no, animate weapon isnt hard because of items, more like its playstyle, the bladefall/animate is a new thing, before that you had to collect weapons, drop them and start your run, and there were some items that scaled it insanely, like poison stacking from https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Severed_in_Sleep to -->https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/United_in_Dream and similar stuff.

It has been since forever, as i have said many times before, they fucked up, they had a chance to "Slow down" the game and have it be more click-dodge skill based reactions rather than "If you kill it before it plays, you win always".

And no, animate weapon isnt hard because of items, more like its playstyle, the bladefall/animate is a new thing, before that you had to collect weapons, drop them and start your run, and there were some items that scaled it insanely, like poison stacking from https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Severed_in_Sleep to -->https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/United_in_Dream and similar stuff.
    It's not...terrible, and I have garbage gear which doesn't help (though like 5K HP so that ain't bad), but man...stopping to even just animate weapons off the ground (without even needing to bladefall) is getting me killed left and right. Unfortunately this league, as with most, seems super unfriendly if you're not a higher mobility character or tanky AF.

I hate that the way that GGG designs just reinforces the "GOTTA GO FAST" meta over and over and over and over. And then we get an outta nowhere boss league like Meta that doesn't allow for shit to slow down much and just forces you to worry about boss killing builds.

Waiting for their "manifesto" or whatever they're posting based on feedback. Hopefully it will include a plan on how to make it so you can actually see shit. "Oh, visibility is a problem in Meta? Cool, let's just make the new mechanic COVER THE ENTIRE MAP and add in a ton of enemy attacks that overlap on each other and are difficult to distinguish. That'll show them!"

ED/Contagion seems to be my choice pick for this ;eague. Fire, forget, and clear the screen even with the stupid overtuned Delirium mobs.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    ED/Contagion seems to be my choice pick for this ;eague. Fire, forget, and clear the screen even with the stupid overtuned Delirium mobs.
    Tried it a few leagues ago and mapping was great but bosses were a complete pain.
    I just can't handle the lack of single target dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Tried it a few leagues ago and mapping was great but bosses were a complete pain.
    I just can't handle the lack of single target dps.
    I'm going to try Despair/Bane and ED combo on bosses to see if it's any better, but yeah I fully expect bosses to be annoying.

Archmage is bonkers with Storm Brand but I can't handle how squishy my Brand characters turn out to be.

Also new GGG manifesto on delirium, no loot vacuum, eat a dick GGG.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Manifesto reads so tonedeath.
    https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2791689

Added on death effects because good builds were just one shotting everything and mobs had no time to interact. Except those builds still speed past the mobs as the explode and are safe. While builds that don't one-shot now stand in between mobs, some of which are exploding and kill them....

Trouble picking up items while rushing against a timer? lol get a more strict item filter.

And the ubiquitous 'we are looking into it' for visibility. How the fuck are did your internal feedback not get filled with 'can't see shit'. Either no one played it or they completely ignored the feedback.

As has been said many times before. GGG puts themselves under so much time pressure to keep churning out content that all of it ends of feeling half arsed with glaring issues that anyone playing 2 maps will notice. There is no way they didn't identify all these problems on their own before release, but they gotta rush it out the door so ignore the issues. Take a month longer between leagues and spend that extra time fixing all the things you know you will need to fix during the first month of the league currently.

Yea, but then people would buy less league only supporter packs or mystery boxes per year, so that's a no no.
    Talking about loot boxes, I saw Mathil opening a bunch of mystery ones. The amount of shit stuff and duplicates he got was disgusting.

I'm a new player in PoE, but I already saw that fast builds have a huge advantage. Also, playing melee sucks ass. Started this league with a bleed build, but after lvl 45 I abandoned it. I'd consider going back only when they improve the situation. Went with a toxic rain trickster and I can say playing ranged feels so much better.

Waiting for their "manifesto" or whatever they're posting based on feedback. Hopefully it will include a plan on how to make it so you can actually see shit. "Oh, visibility is a problem in Meta? Cool, let's just make the new mechanic COVER THE ENTIRE MAP and add in a ton of enemy attacks that overlap on each other and are difficult to distinguish. That'll show them!"
    Ended up busy with work so couldnt response but the manifesto is exactly as i have said.

"Everything is intended cause it is how it is, we might tone down the damage done but the rest, get better item filter lul".

They have fucked up their balance immensely, the damage scaling is stupid and the way everything works, they need to counter it so better players can get challenged still, thats all it is, and i believe every word i am saying.

As i said few posts above, if you dont play some meme build and take the game slightly more seriously with a more balanced/proper build and play correctly, there is nothing to challenge you other than Reflect and random critical on a T16 with 3x damage modifiers, or the 100% 1 shot mechanics that you failed to dodge no matter your defenses.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I really can’t say I get any of the complains. I’ve had no problem with visual clarity, have only been one shot to deep mist stuff and I’m under 4K life in some pretty garbage gear and the game really can’t handle dropping a map worth of gear all at once stoping for a second to grab fancy things that drop isn’t the end of the world.