Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    What do you mean by time gating in the general consensus?

The only time gate I know is pathfinder. And by that I do not mean getting revered with the factions. The time gate here exists in Blizz refusing to only have 1 part of the pathfinder achievement making us wait for an entire year before we're able to fly because THAT is something I can't influence.

4 pages no one said Bee Mount lmao

3+ Year Old Account
    Dungeon spamming for rep grind, last I remember was TBC but maybe I did that in earlier xpacks too and just don't remember. If I want to rush my rep in a weekend I should not be forced to pay several months to do it, and this is the O N L Y reason blizzard changed that design, forcing simple 2-day things to make them more greedily profitable instead of designed properly.

That's cocksuckingly pathetic and shameful.

Quote Originally Posted by f4ncybear View Post
    4 pages no one said Bee Mount lmao
    Let's be honest, nobody play or care for alliance anymore.
    (Removed for Violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Unless I'm misunderstanding the question...everyday?

What exactly are we talking about here?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CrawlFromThePit View Post
    Dungeon spamming for rep grind, last I remember was TBC
    Yeah but as a collector of everything in the game I still do that Need SSO rep (Magisters Terrace) on at least my JCer and Alchemist for exalted recipes.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

I am very thankful for timegates.
    I am not elite. But still a mythic raider. So i have to be current if i wan't to stay competitive. Or at least not a liability for my group.

If there were no timegates you would have to no life the shit out of the game the moment every patch drops. An i could not do that. I have a job. I have real life. I can't just take a weak of work every time a patch hits. But if you could grind everything in one week you would have to.
    Like the good old flying discussion. Some people don't like flying. But they use it because otherwise they would cripple themselves in regard to others.

With timegates you have a maximum pace you can go. Islands allowed you theoretically to grind azerite... but that was so inefficient, that basically no one did it.

Also with timegates the game stays interesting for longer. I don't want to just raid and nothing else. I don't pay 12€ a month just to log in twice a week to raid for 3 hours.

I get that other people would like to grind everything there is on day one. But i honestly believe, that that would be bad for the game as a whole.

Also: Why do people act as if timegates are a new thing? They have been there since the beginning of WoW. This is a MMORPG. They gate shit. Otherwise there would be no reason to stay subbed for so long. Play one month. Done. Wait half a year sub again for the next patch. Rinse and repeat. So i do get why people are miffed by this but seriously: WoW lives off the monthly subs. They are not a nonprofit. Of course they want to make as much money as possible. Why are people surprised by that? Or angry? Capitalsim ahoy. They have no real ingame shop except for some stupid mounts and pets which give you a free spit emote from players to go with. Be happy about that. The few corruption pieces make the game P2W in a way. But for such a small population, that i don't think it matters. Also the price og those in tokens is just so laughable much fpr a normal person... i don't think that many people bought it with RL money. Also that was also the way since Tokens are here.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark One View Post
    Or, you know, just do it the easy way now and buy rep tokens with time warped badges :P
    I already did the grind the hard way back in WoD. I earned my Exalted fair and square, not like you whippersnappers cheating your way to welfare masks .

I still hated every second of it and would do hundred WQ reputations over that fucking lazy nonsense. Albeit as I said in my ideal world we would have fewer reputations, but they would all be as involved as Suramar was. Hopefully the Covenants cover that base.

Never. I've been playing since TBC and every single time that I've wanted to achieve something there's been a time gate or grind of some variety.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    For me it is MUCH better system.
    Yeah.. no, wod rep system was the most tedious, boring and masochistic system in wow.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Yeah.. no, wod rep system was the most tedious, boring and masochistic system in wow.
    Again, thanks for your opinion but i do not agree with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Almost every essence except arena one.

Cloak (well, formally it's time-gated but visions are so boring, so they are actually boring-gated for me).

Mechagon rings.