Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    I don't know what point you think you are trying to argue but I'm still hitting the same buttons as I was in 8.2, only difference is that a passive proc ability is now making up 7-15% of my damage out of nowhere. It's not like I have a conditions in my damage for the corruption to proc outside of what I have always been doing.

I know you're trying to be all clever n shit by say "aH bUt YoU hAvE tO pReSs Da BuTtOnZ tO dO dA cOrRuPtIoNz" but you're really not understanding the concept of how passive damage works in a game like wow.
    No, it is you who doesn't understand what passive means. You are using word passive like some kind of buzzword.
    No corruptions are not rotation changing.
    But they are not passive either.

The only thing that can be somewhat named passive are auto attacks. And not really fully as you need to move to target and initiate it.
    Or auras that deals damage to surrounding enemies but I don't recall players having such skills.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    No, it is you who doesn't understand what passive means. You are using word passive like some kind of buzzword.
    No corruptions are not rotation changing.
    But they are not passive either.

The only thing that can be somewhat named passive are auto attacks. And not really fully as you need to move to target and initiate it.
    Or auras that deals damage to surrounding enemies but I don't recall players having such skills.
    I mean you can keep thinking this all you want but you are wrong.

https://ptr.wowhead.com/spell=318478...ht-devastation

https://ptr.wowhead.com/spells?filter=50;1;0 > you can browse all you like at spells and abilities classified as "passive"

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    The current wow population will. The casual population, who liked logging in and getting to endgame quickly, farming heroic to get bis pieces, then switching to an alt and repeating if they had extra time, has all quit already. Blizz decided at the start of legion that their focus was on two groups: the people who wanted to play every day and farm endless content on one toon - the super hardcore, or the people who just want to log in and have something mindless to do - the super casual. The entire middle ground, full of people with jobs who don't want to waste their time farming island expeditions so they can get essences because they have jobs and families, has all disappeared and likely for good.

Wow used to be a game where you could log in and do something challenging pretty quickly. Now it's a game of farm u, v, w, x, y, z, THEN you get to actually play the game.

I keep saying that they're gonna realize they fucked up when Shadowlands box sales are significantly lower than even BFA - a lot of people used to casually join then unsub periodically, and they always bought the new expansions - but again, those people are all gone now and don't even have casually geared toons or any reason to buy the box like they used to.
    Not all are but yeah a lot of them are... I more or less accepted I would start progression for 4 weeks till I got everything ready. I was hoping the success of classic would get them reacting but we wont know till alpha.

I mean you can keep thinking this all you want but you are wrong.

https://ptr.wowhead.com/spell=318478...ht-devastation

https://ptr.wowhead.com/spells?filter=50;1;0 > you can browse all you like at spells and abilities classified as "passive"
    You can keep thinking what you want but spells being labeled as passive only means you cannot cast it manually. It absolutely doesn't mean they do "passive damage".
    Let me remind what you said:
    Therefore, the damage increase is passive in nature.
    Passive damage increase is non-existant term in wow. There is not such thing as passive damage.

Spell can be passive, damage from it is far from passive.

You can keep thinking what you want but spells being labeled as passive only means you cannot cast it manually. It absolutely doesn't mean they do "passive damage".
    Let me remind what you said:

Passive damage increase is non-existant term in wow. There is not such thing as passive damage.

Spell can be passive, damage from it is far from passive.
    exactly, the damage increase is passive. I didn't do anything different to trigger said damage.

Passive spells doing passive things. Amazing right?

exactly, the damage increase is passive. I didn't do anything different to trigger said damage.

Passive spells doing passive things. Amazing right?
    Yes you click other spells to trigger that damage. It's not coming out of thin air.

They shouldn't care about alts at all. You want to have power comparable to main? Do the same thing your main has gone thru.
    aka do idiotic unfun things.

simple math . if single unlock of cloak takes 3 hours (because no on undergeared 430 toons it doesnt take 2 hours to be done with quests starting with magni and finishing with 5/15 cloak ) then for me just stupid boring questing on 13 toons means 39 hours effectively wasted instead doing something fun in game.

in those 39 hours i could compeltly finish some fun AAA title. and have fun all the time during playing it.

same with essences , same with other shit.

wow gameplay stopped being fun . and thats simply .. sad.

will i do it ? most likely - for simple reason - all signs on heaven and erth suggest that company i manage will be shut down for 2 weeks. and i will spend this time at home because of wirus. but for sure i wont have fun doing it. i know i had horrible time yesterday unlocking 4 cloaks. when i was done i felt like barfing. and 7 more to go

i did change my mind about visions though . i will have fun slowly solowing them over next few weeks while developiing records and feeling more powerfull on different toons while doing it

such a shame something which is actually fun is artificially gated behind stupid currencies limiting your attempts. imo price should vary depending on how many people go in there - aka 1 person should cost 2k and 5 people should cost 10k . instead making vessels that cost 10k for each attempt. this is very stupid choice on blizzard part.
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2020-03-16 at 08:53 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    i would love to see evidence of them saying that. as far as i can tell there is still an infinite power grind with anima power but it's just capped weekly.
    ... If it's capped weekly that's not infinite my dude. Unless you think conquest. Frost emblems. Valour, triumph, etc were all infinite grinds...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    ... If it's capped weekly that's not infinite my dude. Unless you think conquest. Frost emblems. Valour, triumph, etc were all infinite grinds...
    i mean just because there is a weekly cap doesn't make something not infinite. my biggest concern is that people will hate the grind just because of the past 2 expacs. people even disliked the valor system when daily caps were involved. maybe i'm just overthinking things.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    aka do idiotic unfun things.
    Aka normal and logic stuff

Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    i mean just because there is a weekly cap doesn't make something not infinite. my biggest concern is that people will hate the grind just because of the past 2 expacs. people even disliked the valor system when daily caps were involved. maybe i'm just overthinking things.
    I don't think you understand the definition of "infinite"

7+ Year Old Account
    I believe he means that it's infinite in the sense that you have to keep capping every single week without end. I think a lot of people are too trusting in the "it has a weekly cap so it's better" Blizz PR that came out of Shadowlands. My assumption is that it's still going to go on forever, and that the catch up mechanics are going to suck so it'll still be very unfriendly to alts.
    Except if you dont cap in a week, you can just double cap next week.
    look at conquest as it in now ingame.
    you can get 500 a week, or you can get 1500 every 3 weeks
    or 500 one week, 0 next week, 1000 week after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    They had good gear (not the best gear, but good) from badges in Wrath, also the only place to get epic Relics. And in cata some of the tier gear came from badges.
    It did in LK too, usually as an alternative source.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    WQ gear is shit ilvl, LFR gear is shit ilvl. The only 2 valid choices for gear are M+ and Raiding which are both entirely RNG, having a deterministic source that can get you a piece every 2 weeks or so isn't a bad thing at all.

Though M+ should be capped. Maybe 1 of each key level for gear per week, just like mythic. Good players can push for extra gear, but you can't grind a +10 infinitely to be ready for raiding. M+ being infinite was ALWAYS a problem.
    WQ gear was acceptable starting gear until this patch (where they've made the WQ azerite pieces completely useless).

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Except if you dont cap in a week, you can just double cap next week.
    look at conquest as it in now ingame.
    you can get 500 a week, or you can get 1500 every 3 weeks
    or 500 one week, 0 next week, 1000 week after that.
    It's a better system but still a pretty garbage system. In regards to pvp it should just be a state template. It isnt because pvpers want to out gear other people rather then it come down to skill.

I just don't want bars to fill. Let's return to progressing through content. Badges and everything after served no positive purpose.

Honestly I find the seasonal approach to be horrid for an MMORPG. It kinda works in Diablo III but in WoW it's bullshit and the fact the dev team thinks it's the way to go makes me shake my head in disbelief.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Doesn't really matter if there's other issues or not, a 0% wipe is the difference between one person being a single neck level higher. It isn't an insignificant value, you're just trying to justify being lazy.
    Looks like your trying to justify "being forced" to grind your neck.

Blizzard said that infinite grind is finished. Of course mmochampions will define this as being done with AP after 5 weeks and then charge to the forums to demand resignations because blizzard lied again.

- - - Updated - - -

I’m sure it’s still gonna have the other issues that infinite power systems always had, mainly:

“Oh hey, you just started an alt? Great! Now you need to cap anima for x weeks to get close to the level everyone expects for raiding!”

“Oh, you’ve got a busy month? ...make sure you log in and get your anima, don’t want to fall behind! Don’t worry, it’s mindless. Even at your busiest, we’re encouraging you to do something that is literally just designed to waste your time.”
    This isn't an issue with the system. It is an issue with the player. If I am actually busy, because I actually have a job, I can and will choose not to login and do anything in wow. If I have time later then the systems allow me to catch up. This is called being an adult and taking responsibility for your actions. It's clear that you let wow rule your life. You should take action so you don't burn out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Karl View Post
    It's a better system but still a pretty garbage system. In regards to pvp it should just be a state template. It isnt because pvpers want to out gear other people rather then it come down to skill.

I just don't want bars to fill. Let's return to progressing through content. Badges and everything after served no positive purpose.
    You say that but we had stat templates to where gear didn't matter and people complained. So now it's a lite version of that.
    PvP players do want to out gear people, they don't want it to be 100% skill. You can go back and find people complaining. "Wow I spent forever to get all this gear and this guy in greens still took a long time to kill, this is bullshit. PvP gear is useless!

And also you rather have RNG then bars that you fill at your own rate. That you can see and have control over?

Fill the bar... Get a specific amount of something then use it to get an item... Sounds like PvP vendors. You sure you don't want rng

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    This isn't an issue with the system. It is an issue with the player. If I am actually busy, because I actually have a job, I can and will choose not to login and do anything in wow. If I have time later then the systems allow me to catch up. This is called being an adult and taking responsibility for your actions. It's clear that you let wow rule your life. You should take action so you don't burn out.
    If these guys got what they wanted it would be a terrible game. All that makes an MMO a MMO and the desire for it not to matter whether or not you log in are inherently incompatible concepts. It speaks to how amazingly good WoW is that people with no desire to play an MMO are still playing it year after year.

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    If these guys got what they wanted it would be a terrible game. All that makes an MMO a MMO and the desire for it not to matter whether or not you log in are inherently incompatible concepts. It speaks to how amazingly good WoW is that people with no desire to play an MMO are still playing it year after year.
    So alcohol is amazing because people drink it despise it ruined their life and they have no desire to drink it?