Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    Unlocking Essences on alts is a grind so they introduce a grind to avoid the grind?

Pass
    main assault 125
    2x minor assault 150
    2x horrific vision 300
    4x Emissary 200

+ 3 * <M+ level>
    + 20 * <M+ level> in weekly chest

This is if you take it super casually, so a +10 once a week and doing the above would net you just over 1000 of the currency, which is 2 essences per week!

How is that as much of a grind as compared to grinding follower xp or rep?

Unlocking Essences on alts is a grind so they introduce a grind to avoid the grind?

Pass
    stop complaining, just play the game, and youll get the reward you want eventually. you can get a full set of bis essences within a week if you wanted to. crybaby.

After seeing the list I see no issue in getting essences now.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

lame. everything i do on my alt will only get me 425 echo's per week, i can probably farm half the essences in the same amount of time it would take to farm the echos. its the end of thie shitty expansion why not just make them account wide ffs, anything to keep us ocupied until they release shadowlands

Quote Originally Posted by Isoz View Post
    lame. everything i do on my alt will only get me 425 echo's per week, i can probably farm half the essences in the same amount of time it would take to farm the echos. its the end of thie shitty expansion why not just make them account wide ffs, anything to keep us ocupied until they release shadowlands
    I mean if you're only gonna get 425 echos a week on your alts it seems like all you do is the horrific visions and assaults, and if that's the case why do you even care about unlocking essences since you don't need them for those things?

This system they implemented is insanely fair, it's super easy to get 2 essences a week with minimal playtime. I can't really see how anyone is upset by this, assuming you actually play the alt you'll get the essences you need really fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Riptor View Post
    One question I have is what is the use of the Echoes on your main? I already have all rank 3 essences on him so is the currency just useless?
    And what would this catchup mechanic/currency catch you up on?

of course they wanted to make them accountwide without an additional grind. but because some players have already done the reputation grind etc. on alts, they can't do that anymore. all they can do is make everything that's similar to essences accountwide in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by EyeOculus View Post
    This system is asking one thing from you.
    Play the game.
    It isn't a grind if the resource is gained alongside the normal content you do anyway playing a twink.
    You shouldn't have to re-grind something that makes your class play properly. It's stupid and I can't believe people are acting as if Blizzard finally listened to feedback. This change was 100% planned from the beginning, they just wanted to wait until it would be most beneficial for their sub counts and engagement metrics.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy that people can finally play their alts at a reasonable pace now. I just think it's really fucking shitty the way Blizzard handles these changes that should have been made months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    I suppose there could in theory be something akin ot how you could buy BoE legendary tokens for your alts at the end of Legion. Though seeing as getting all Legiondaries back in Legion was a far bigger grind than getting the 4 BiS essences i guess it would be a tad unapplicable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    You shouldn't have to re-grind something that makes your class play properly. It's stupid and I can't believe people are acting as if Blizzard finally listened to feedback. This change was 100% planned from the beginning, they just wanted to wait until it would be most beneficial for their sub counts and engagement metrics.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy that people can finally play their alts at a reasonable pace now. I just think it's really fucking shitty the way Blizzard handles these changes that should have been made months ago.
    And i ugesss you feel this way about gearing up your alts regularly as well. Or even levelling them at all. I mean, having to level a mage all the way from the beginning just ot be able to go into mythic is a bit much, isnt it? Why can't Blizzard just give everyone full 460 gear if they have a main at that level, it would just be evil of Blizzard to force players to have to actually play the game to play alts.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

This is more than reasonable fast, you can easily get every essence you need in 2 weeks.
    If you disagree, mmorpgs aren't for you.

This system is asking one thing from you.
    Play the game.
    It isn't a grind if the resource is gained alongside the normal content you do anyway playing a twink.
    That's a ridiculously reductive way of looking at it.

You could justify ANY fucked up system by claiming it's just "playing the game". What if getting to max level took you 40 days of in-game play time? Stop complaining, it's just PLAYING THE GAME! What if in order to enter a raid, you'd need to farm ingredients for 10 hours each week? Stop complaining, it's just PLAYING THE GAME!

What matters is HOW we play the game.

This is great! It's a small grind on an alt but you'd do those activites either way which still makes it something to work towards. Golden balance here, Blizzard. Keep it up!

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post

You could justify ANY fucked up system by claiming it's just "playing the game". What if getting to max level took you 40 days of in-game play time? Stop complaining, it's just PLAYING THE GAME! What if in order to enter a raid, you'd need to farm ingredients for 10 hours each week? Stop complaining, it's just PLAYING THE GAME!

How do you look at it? I'm with Biomega here. You gain currency from almost anything so you could play the game the way you like. You also progress with your alt instead of just getting it for free. It's a solid balance in my oppinion. Not to much currency needed for it to be unreachable and tedious but not too little to make it redundant either
    Last edited by Zephire; 2020-03-17 at 01:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    there is simple solution - make essences from mother BoA. then doing stuff on main has a reason .

if not its gonna be just dead wasted currency

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    I mean if you're only gonna get 425 echos a week on your alts it seems like all you do is the horrific visions and assaults, and if that's the case why do you even care about unlocking essences since you don't need them for those things?

This system they implemented is insanely fair, it's super easy to get 2 essences a week with minimal playtime. I can't really see how anyone is upset by this, assuming you actually play the alt you'll get the essences you need really fast.
    you dont need essences for visions.

interesting point of view

especially if you are starting to progress them on low itlv like 430-440 alts with not developed archives trees.

let me do a wild guess - you are playing a hunter

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    there is simple solution - make essences from mother BoA. then doing stuff on main has a reason .

if not its gonna be just dead wasted currency

- - - Updated - - -

especially if you are starting to progress them on low itlv like 430-440 alts with not developed archives trees.

I do like that first idea - they should've been BoA so you could continue to use your main to make your alts better - wish they did that instead.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

I mean if all you do are assaults and visions at 430 ilvl you almost certainly aren't doing mask runs anyway since there'd be no point, and you can absolutely full clear at 440ilvl with no mask regardless of what essences you run. So yeah, you really don't need essences for visions, they obviously help certain classes on 3+ mask runs, but if you're still under 440 ilvl you aren't doing 3 masks or more anyway, so it's largely irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post

Are you just blind in your unreasonable hate? Or just unable to understand the philosophy? Use your thing inside your skull, called brain.

You don't have to do anything special to get this resource! If you gonna play an alt character, you do all the things listed above to a degree. You gonna do Vision, Raids, assault and so on anyway with a twink. And now, you get the echos of ny'alotha for exactly doing that.

You don't have to go out of your way to do something special. As fucking said play the game.
    If you don't enjoy the game for what it's designed for, then don't complain and don't play.

Does anyone know if this will effect the alternate role essences for eternal palace? For example if I have rank 3 CLF can I get rank 3 Vitality on an alt this way?

Pass
    They "introduced" no grind, as the acquisition method for the Echoes require you to do nothing more than what you've already been doing. Worse: it requires you to do less than what you've already been doing.

Even worse yet: they require you to invest much less time than what you've already been doing. You can easily get two rank 3 essences a day.

Are you just blind in your unreasonable hate? Or just unable to understand the philosophy? Use your thing inside your skull, called brain.

You don't have to do anything special to get this resource! If you gonna play an alt character, you do all the things listed above to a degree. You gonna do Vision, Raids, assault and so on anyway with a twink. And now, you get the echos of ny'alotha for exactly doing that.

You don't have to go out of your way to do something special. As fucking said play the game.
    If you don't enjoy the game for what it's designed for, then don't complain and don't play.
    It's rich to hear someone call me unreasonable after offering as their argument nothing but "just play the game". Talk about not using your brain.

It's all about the DEGREE you mentioned, not about absolutes. And I'm not disagreeing in any way (and never have) that the new currency system is a good way of doing it. In fact if you look it up, I've repeatedly suggested precisely such a system, going back months.

The problem I'm having is that this comes too late, just like the fix for Legiondaries did. And given that past experience, it seems evident that Blizzard is well aware of the problems the system had, and simply chose not to fix them in order to milk people while content was current, and the pressure to keep up was there as a driving force. Now that the expansion is effectively over, they're loosening the grind to keep people around.

It's THAT design choice that I object to, and don't want to reward with coming back. The system we have now should have been in from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    They "introduced" no grind, as the acquisition method for the Echoes require you to do nothing more than what you've already been doing. Worse: it requires you to do less than what you've already been doing.

Even worse yet: they require you to invest much less time than what you've already been doing. You can easily get two rank 3 essences a day.
    I do think 500 is a too much, but generally agree.
    Rewarding 30/500 is pretty meh feeling.

I'd rather see something like:

100 Required

Black Empire Assault – 75 Echoes of Ny’alotha
    Aqir/Amathet/Mantid/Mogu Assault –25 Echoes of Ny’alotha
    Horrific Visions – 10 Echoes of Ny’alotha, plus 10 per additional objective completed (i.e. 100 Echoes of Ny’alotha for a full clear)
    Emissary Quest – 50 Echoes of Ny’alotha
    Heroic Darkshore Warfront – 100 Echoes of Ny’alotha (cuz its a friggen nightmare-time-wise and not fun lo)
    Normal/Heroic/Mythic Ny’alotha raid bosses – 10 Echoes of Ny’alotha each, once per week per boss
    Nzoth/carapace -- 50 echoes
    Ny’alotha Raid Finder wings – 25 Echoes of Ny’alotha
    Random Battleground wins – 25 Echoes of Ny’alotha
    Random battleground losses = 20 Echoes
    Rated Arena wins – 20 Echoes of Ny’alotha baseline
    Rates Arena losses - 5 Echoes of Ny'alotha, max of 25 per week
    Rated Battleground wins – 25 Echoes of Ny’alotha baseline, scaling up with PvP rank
    Weekly PvP Cache – 50-100 Echoes of Ny’alotha, based on PvP rank
    Mythic Keystone dungeon end-of-run chest – 5 Echoes of Ny’alotha per Keystone Level (i.e. 50 Echoes of Ny’alotha for a Mythic 10)
    Weekly Mythic Keystone Dungeon Cache – 20 Echoes of Ny’alotha per highest Keystone Level